Rhapsodio thread
May 25, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #376 of 2,203
That's fast work Sammy, the Clipper looks nice too.

May 26, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #378 of 2,203
Definitely interested in the Galaxy.  Anyone had a chance to compare the Galaxy to the AKG K3003?  I love the AKG's clarity and midrange/vocals especially when paired with a good DAC/AMP.  How the Galaxy stack up?
I think galaxy a bit warmer than k3003. If you have a good power to drive galaxy, it will have as good as soundstage like hifiman He 1000 .Sound signature of galaxy like mountain river,Clean, fresh, natural. It for sure super high resolution with good Dac/amp.

May 26, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #379 of 2,203
I think galaxy a bit warmer than k3003. If you have a good power to drive galaxy, it will have as good as soundstage like hifiman He 1000 .Sound signature of galaxy like mountain river,Clean, fresh, natural. It for sure super high resolution with good Dac/amp.

Have anyone try Galaxy on dp-x1 2.5 balanced? I know dp-x1 is quite popular in HK.

May 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #381 of 2,203

I agree with this.

The Galaxy matches very well with the Chord Mojo and other good DACs to deliver the heavenly sound....

May 26, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #382 of 2,203
  Definitely interested in the Galaxy.  Anyone had a chance to compare the Galaxy to the AKG K3003?  I love the AKG's clarity and midrange/vocals especially when paired with a good DAC/AMP.  How the Galaxy stack up?

I have the Galaxy (just finished burning in as I only got it last week) and K3003..I used the reference filters on the k3003 but to be honest I have not listened to it in a while. I will maybe give the K3003 a spin next week but going from memory I prefer the Galaxy,better bass response and it just seems more effortless in its presentation,also the soundstage is wider to my ears..

To be honest I had intended selling my K3003 after I got the Rhapsodio Solar,just never got around to it,but the arrival of the Galaxy will probably see my K3003 appear in the classifieds soon enough...This is very objective of course but K3003 are probably bottom of the pile out of the iems I own to be honest..

Also I will say this about Galaxy though,if you want to get the best out of it be sure to have a good dac/amp.. For me it's like night and day when I use it with my Chord Hugo compared to my Sony ZX2 (Japanese version).. I'm not sure if its just a poor pairing with the ZX2 but my Galaxy will be used only with the Hugo from now on and that truly is a great pairing...

May 26, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #383 of 2,203

I have the Galaxy (just finished burning in as I only got it last week) and K3003..I used the reference filters on the k3003 but to be honest I have not listened to it in a while. I will maybe give the K3003 a spin next week but going from memory I prefer the Galaxy,better bass response and it just seems more effortless in its presentation,also the soundstage is wider to my ears..

To be honest I had intended selling my K3003 after I got the Rhapsodio Solar,just never got around to it,but the arrival of the Galaxy will probably see my K3003 appear in the classifieds soon enough...This is very objective of course but K3003 are probably bottom of the pile out of the iems I own to be honest..

Also I will say this about Galaxy though,if you want to get the best out of it be sure to have a good dac/amp.. For me it's like night and day when I use it with my Chord Hugo compared to my Sony ZX2 (Japanese version).. I'm not sure if its just a poor pairing with the ZX2 but my Galaxy will be used only with the Hugo from now on and that truly is a great pairing...

In my opinion, the Galaxy (and RTi1 too) scales really well with top-notch sources.  So far, I find that the Chord Mojo (and thus Hugo, since many says that the Hugo is better than the Mojo) sounds better than many DAPs out there.  If you have the Galaxy, please do try with a good source to get the most out of it.

Happy listening!

May 26, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #384 of 2,203

In my opinion, the Galaxy (and RTi1 too) scales really well with top-notch sources.  So far, I find that the Chord Mojo (and thus Hugo, since many says that the Hugo is better than the Mojo) sounds better than many DAPs out there.  If you have the Galaxy, please do try with a good source to get the most out of it.

Happy listening!

I never heard the Mojo (ain't no audio shops in these lands
redface.gif
) before but heard great things about...I'm sure that would make a great pairing to the Galaxy like the Hugo...

May 26, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #386 of 2,203

Solar also has great synergy with the Hugo imo. It delivers superb resolution, clarity, details and soundstage (makes everything sound so freaking real). But I think Hugo is also a tad bass light, which Solar compensates easily of course. Nice to read that it works great (and maybe even better) with the Galaxy as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy listening my friend (I never forget you were the one introducing me to Rhapsodio / RTi1)
beerchug.gif

But you have excellent Guinness there...  Life is fair...  :wink:

And besides that, they go to the upcoming European (soccer) Championship too (and we're not) in France => life is more than fair to the Irish these days
wink.gif

May 26, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #387 of 2,203

Solar also has great synergy with the Hugo imo. It delivers superb resolution, clarity, details and soundstage (makes everything sound so freaking real). But I think Hugo is also a tad bass light, which Solar compensates easily of course. Nice to read that it works great (and maybe even better) with the Galaxy as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy listening my friend (I never forget you were the one introducing me to Rhapsodio / RTi1)
beerchug.gif

And besides that, they go to the upcoming European (soccer) Championship too (and we're not) in France => life is more than fair to the Irish these days
wink.gif

I think the thing is,the Galaxy are a power hungry iem so the Hugo drives the sufficiently while also having great synergy,thats where my zx2 falls flat on its rear end..

Indeed we will get to give the dutch a pasting tomorrow night in a friendly match too,I guess I can't complain too much
biggrin.gif

At least the other players wont have to worry about tackles like this from the Dutch at this competition,I just hope the Irish team come through unscathed tomorrow night
rolleyes.gif

tumblr_l5eth2Ty5G1qzpwi0o1_250.gif

May 26, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #388 of 2,203
Originally Posted by rookie2009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At least the other players wont have to worry about tackles like this from the Dutch at this competition...

tumblr_l5eth2Ty5G1qzpwi0o1_250.gif

Ohw...that? That's nothing
biggrin.gif

Just the alternative dutch defenders way of kindly saying:
shall-not-pass.gif

May 26, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #389 of 2,203
Wonder what it would sound like on a Dave?

May 26, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #390 of 2,203

I love the comparison to a mountain river.  How would you describe the sound of the Solar?  I'm trying to decide which one to buy between the two.  Also, is there anywhere here in the United States where we can demo the Galaxy? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back