Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 17, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #2,296 of 2,508
  Man, sounds like you've had a tough run. I'd lose my faith after multiple mishaps. Was this all by the same one, or did you try different audiologists?

Same for me 4 CIEMs - all poor fit - 4 different audiologists. 

Snugs digital scan - still bad fit - 2 out if the 3 were bad.

A lot of wasted time, hassle and money for my experience.

I am Universal now and have no interest in Custom - in fact if an item is CIEM  only and I'm interested - I ask if they can make a universal for me,

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #2,298 of 2,508
Man that sucks! Well, if you're ever in the neighboorhood there's a sweet old lady here that gets it right
wink.gif

Cool - might book a flight - if I (and my wallet) overcome my CIEM phobia!

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #2,299 of 2,508
That's pretty much me, waiting for Solar (again...)

After all the above horror stories about custom iems, I will be more like this untill mine (other brand) have arrived
eek.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks guys, for the upcoming sleepless nights
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #2,300 of 2,508

After all the above horror stories about custom iems, I will be more like this untill mine (other brand) have arrived
eek.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks guys, for the upcoming sleepless nights
tongue.gif

P.S. - Don't google search images - worst CIEM ever 
TRUST ME - if you have the self control - but considering the OCD nature of audio junkies - it's wasted words......

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #2,301 of 2,508
P.S. - Don't google search images - worst CIEM ever  TRUST ME - if you have the self control - but considering the OCD nature of audio junkies - it's wasted words......

Haha, that's something like...
th

Gonna google now of course
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #2,302 of 2,508
Man, sounds like you've had a tough run. I'd lose my faith after multiple mishaps. Was this all by the same one, or did you try different audiologists?

I own two pairs of CIEMs and have had impressions taken five times. My ACS Encore fit reasonably well but are a bit of a hassle. My Athena are going back to Jack Vang for tightening up - that could result in a sixth set of impressions being taken. It gets tedious and like Sonickarma I'm starting to think that it's not worth it.

I've heard it said that gaining and losing weight can influence a CIEM's fit. As someone who is forever bulking and cutting I'm beginning to wonder whether that is a factor for me.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #2,303 of 2,508
I own two pairs of CIEMs and have had impressions taken five times. My ACS Encore fit reasonably well but are a bit of a hassle. My Athena are going back to Jack Vang for tightening up - that could result in a sixth set of impressions being taken. It gets tedious and like Sonickarma I'm starting to think that it's not worth it.

I've heard it said that gaining and losing weight can influence a CIEM's fit. As someone who is forever bulking and cutting I'm beginning to wonder whether that is a factor for me.

sometimes FitEar and sometime FatEar  - sorry couldn't resist 
redface.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #2,305 of 2,508

have u gotten yours yet?

Will be meeting up with Sammy in Canjam to collect mine.

Well hopefully, if I can find him in a sea of Asian audiophiles lol.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,307 of 2,508
Nice! I think @subguy812
prefered his Solar over his Angie (which you use atm, right?) :)

I'm still very much in love with the sound of Angie. Can't easily imagine a more capable IEM. But she is awfully big, and fit can be an issue. Since I've never done Custom before, I figured now's the time. Then I thought, "Why not try a different IEM and company all together?"

If it all goes terribly wrong, I've still got Angie to pleasure my ear holes. :)

I've read every review, and most of this thread. I'm pretty sure I'm going to like the Solar.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #2,308 of 2,508
OK you guys are driving me nuts.  What are people using to make the Solar/Galaxy decision.  I am almost ready to order the Galaxy and have even reached out to Sammy about availability.  All the new talk about the Solars is making me second guess the Galaxy.  Ahhhhhhh!!! 

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #2,309 of 2,508
  OK you guys are driving me nuts.  What are people using to make the Solar/Galaxy decision.  I am almost ready to order the Galaxy and have even reached out to Sammy about availability.  All the new talk about the Solars is making me second guess the Galaxy.  Ahhhhhhh!!! 

You kind of need to know what YOU like. The air moving bass depth of a Dynamic, or the sound you get from BA drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back