Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 16, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #2,283 of 2,508
Got the (L) large size JVC Spiral Dot tips on today, and I will say that they're more snug that the largest Phillips tips supplied with the Galaxy. Much better isolation for my ears and they don't seem to slip loose like the P-tips

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,284 of 2,508
I'm getting my ear impressions done tomorrow. It's my first time down this path. Any pointers/suggestions/warnings?

Wow great to hear! Solar?

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #2,285 of 2,508
1) wrap a piece of tissue round your bite block to soak up the drooling and reduce anxiety which is important because...
2) you should relax your jaw at all times during the procedure

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #2,286 of 2,508
  1) wrap a piece of tissue round your bite block to soak up the drooling and reduce anxiety which is important because...
2) you should relax your jaw at all times during the procedure

Does it matter if it's open or closed mouth or do we just follow the instructions given by each CIEM company?

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,288 of 2,508

It looks like that's what I'll be doing. Haven't made the purchase yet, but that's where things are headed.

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #2,289 of 2,508

It looks like that's what I'll be doing. Haven't made the purchase yet, but that's where things are headed.

Nice! I think @subguy812 prefered his Solar over his Angie (which you use atm, right?)
smily_headphones1.gif

Concerning open or closed mouth during impressions, best to ask Sammy about that, because it depends on the company and sometimes even on the material. I went for (my first) impressions last month and was recommended open mouth for acrylic, but if I had chosen silicone it should have been closed mouth.

Maybe it's also a nice opportunity to get your hearing checked professionally while you're at the audiologist
rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #2,290 of 2,508
I've had both open and closed mouth impressions done by Rhapsodio. I definitely preferred the open mouth impressions - snug and tight. Sammy doesn't give explicit instructions I think. 

My audiologist is pretty good I guess, I don't really have complaints. Although I'm not sure which part involves skill - they just inject the liquid and then it's up to you to keep still, or am I missing something here.. Could also be some use material with the wrong viscosity.

I just end up biting on two fingers btw 
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #2,292 of 2,508
If they don't say anything, the default is open with bite block or fingers. But yes I've had better luck with closed for silicone too.

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #2,293 of 2,508
I've had both open and closed mouth impressions done by Rhapsodio. I definitely preferred the open mouth impressions - snug and tight. Sammy doesn't give explicit instructions I think. 

My audiologist is pretty good I guess, I don't really have complaints. Although I'm not sure which part involves skill - they just inject the liquid and then it's up to you to keep still, or am I missing something here.. Could also be some use material with the wrong viscosity.

I just end up biting on two fingers btw :D

I think the skill is in looking at the impression and being able to discern whether it is fit for purpose. I've had them rejected because important details haven't shown up in the silicone. I've also had poor fits because not enough material has been used. I think the individual's ear anatomy also plays a part. Some ears are simpler than others :xf_eek:

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #2,295 of 2,508
That's why I'm scared to do ciem.     One member here in Hawaii had to do a re-fit because 64 Audio rejected the first one for him :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back