Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,251 of 2,508
Beat you by 1/2 a second 
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #2,252 of 2,508
D@mn. They really are as expensive as Noble now.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #2,253 of 2,508
I'm rather surprised that the Solar is considered that warm... I really don't hear it that way. Also, that the Galaxy, being a dynamic, is so fast/neutral in signature. Usually it's the other way around for BA vs. DD IEMs. I'm a bit curious about the Galaxy now! 
I find the Solar only very slightly warm. And the Galaxy is indeed more neutral to my ears.

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #2,254 of 2,508
D@mn. They really are as expensive as Noble now.

Not quite...

Solar vs K10:
universal: $1350 vs $1600
ciem $1550 vs $1800 (Wizard reprint) or $2K (Wizard design)

Galaxy = $1600, but let's not forget that that one comes with a $380 upgrade cable
Btw, Solar comes with a pretty nice (less expensive) upgrade cable as well...

Now, if you only had used the word ''almost'' in your sentence
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #2,255 of 2,508

Not quite...

Solar vs K10:
universal: $1350 vs $1600
ciem $1550 vs $1800 (Wizard reprint) or $2K (Wizard design)

Galaxy = $1600, but let's not forget that that one comes with a $380 upgrade cable

wink.gif

Don't forget the Prestige models, which start in the mid $2.5k range (they're so pretty though!)

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #2,256 of 2,508

Not quite...

Edited
----------
Solar universal: $1350
Noble K10 universal $1599

Solar CIEM $1550

Noble K10 CIEM:
SLA $1399
Acrylic, personal design $1599
Acrylic, (Wizard reprint) $1799
Acrylic, (Wizard design) $1999
Prestige materials $2599 - $2899

wink.gif

In the interest of fairness, there's an updated breakdown. There really is quite a range with the K10s, depending on your needs/budget.

But I am curious to hear the Galaxy/Solar, hopefully a chance presents itself next week.Also that cable does look pretty fancy, again something I'd like to see in person

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #2,257 of 2,508
The 2.98 cable?   It's quite beautiful, very well made, with no discernible microphonics.     Very supple too, looks stiff but isn't. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #2,258 of 2,508
Some impressions just before the full review:

Solar has a warm and musical sounding unit. Moreover, some may find its general atmosphere slightly dark. Overall, it has little V shape signature; midrange doesn't sound very distant, since there are bodied notes and they take up a large size on the stage.  However, the energy focus of the presentation trends toward low frequency; mid-bass is quite prominent.  Upper mids have an acceptable brightness/thinness and vocals don't tend much to sibilance.  Treble notes are prominent and non-fatiguing with a slight coloration, but they are not located too close to listener. 

Average note thickness is on the thicker side and Solar may become a bit too thick in accordance with mid-bass presentation. Focusing is quite easy and instrument separation is impressive.  Soundstage has effective dimensions, there is no overly wide stage and the depth is sufficient to create a good layering. 

More to come in the review... 
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #2,259 of 2,508
Originally Posted by echineko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the interest of fairness, there's an updated breakdown. There really is quite a range with the K10s, depending on your needs/budget.

But I am curious to hear the Galaxy/Solar, hopefully a chance presents itself next week.Also that cable does look pretty fancy, again something I'd like to see in person

Ooops, completely forgot (my bad) about that SLA edition 
blink.gif
=> thanks for your accurate update!

Hope you'll get the chance to audition both Solar & Galaxy => please share your opinion later on when that happens... 

The 2.98 cable?   It's quite beautiful, very well made, with no discernible microphonics. Very supple too, looks stiff but isn't. 

Yeah, even the 8 stranded 2.98 SG edition is still very supple. I think it has about the same thickness as my 4 strand Toxic Silver Widow one. And it's also a lot thinner than my 8 stranded RSD Luna (silver) & Panther MK2 (copper) cables...

Some impressions just before the full review:

Solar has a warm and musical sounding unit. Moreover, some may find its general atmosphere slightly dark. Overall, it has little V shape signature; midrange doesn't sound very distant, since there are bodied notes and they take up a large size on the stage.  However, the energy focus of the presentation trends toward low frequency; mid-bass is quite prominent.  Upper mids have an acceptable brightness/thinness and vocals don't tend much to sibilance.  Treble notes are prominent and non-fatiguing with a slight coloration, but they are not located too close to listener. 

Average note thickness is on the thicker side and Solar may become a bit too thick in accordance with mid-bass presentation. Focusing is quite easy and instrument separation is impressive.  Soundstage has effective dimensions, there is no overly wide stage and the depth is sufficient to create a good layering. 

More to come in the review... 
redface.gif

Some detailled written and interesting impressions!
There are many reviews out there (probably including my own
biggrin.gif
) that are less informative than these impressions on itself => looking forward to your full review
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,260 of 2,508
Changing over to Spiral dot medium for me has given the the bass a rebalance, giving more dominance to lower bass frequencies while almost eliminating the mid bass bloom, the treble has become a more spacious sound. And the sound stage is the best by far that I gave experienced

Although Spiral dots are not the best fitting. They are the best sounding tip, and the most comfortable that I have tried.

Also the Solar have changed over time 500hrs+, and are sounding more balanced and amazing than before, it seems their getting better, and better by the hour. Is this even possible?

I listen to the same music, and its pulling feelings and emotions I haven't heard or experienced before. I also can not use my older iem/headphones any more.

I am often just left standing there completely speechless by the music.
What I find very good is the Solar can sound spectacular on any source, it's simply not fussy, seriously a $40 dap will get you dancing.
But plug it in to the ZX2, and I'm in a musical fantasy land.

I'm still totally impressed with these iem's. And have no desire to buy any at all.
Happy new year to everyone at Rhapsodio, and HeadFi. And a brilliant year to follow...

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #2,261 of 2,508
I am often just left standing there completely speechless...

Hmmm, I think I've seen that word before in this (or another) thread over the past week, not sure though
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #2,263 of 2,508
The first 200 hours I just let it play at mid to low volume. The next few hundred hours, I listen to music.

This is averaged out in time, but I think these have changed for the better, it's this, or I have learned to enjoy them more. Which I don't think so. But could be a possibility.

The lower bass just hits hard and fast now, where before without the hours acumaleted, the mid bass was dominant and not as controlled. I think the time used does the Solar, or my ears, some impressive improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back