Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 8, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,006 of 2,508
Just a quick question, i don't see any options for faceplates when ordering...(Solar), do you have to specify it under the comments? 

ask solarsammy

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #1,014 of 2,508
Sammy seems concerned about the increase in cost for drivers so he said he's not sure he could lower the price in the future. Yes real bummer
frown.gif

I am half tempted to pull the trigger right now but it wouldn't be the most sensible thing to do. I just got myself the W500 LOL.

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #1,018 of 2,508

W500 really? Have you got it on hand or just ordered it?

I have it on hand (and in my ears) already. But I also got poisoned by the impressions and reviews on Solar so much that I am seriously contemplating putting down an order before the price increases. Sigh, this hobby!

Well, I had the W500 also on my radar at some point because of it's #2 ranking and review in FFAB.
But after I read @flinkenicks review on it and saw him selling his one just after a few weeks I lost interest in it myself.
Of course as mentioned before, at this pricepoint there are no bad iems. It's mainly about preferences, so one might prefer the W500 over the Solar as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #1,020 of 2,508
I have it on hand (and in my ears) already. But I also got poisoned by the impressions and reviews on Solar so much that I am seriously contemplating putting down an order before the price increases. Sigh, this hobby!
Maybe the w500 might sound kind of similar in signature to the solar. Just taking a guess here cause it seems both have strong bass and a warm/smooth sound. I could be wrong. If your looking for something to compliment the w500 but different, maybe something like an nt6? Not trying to discourage you on buying solar just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back