Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Dec 21, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #1,351 of 2,508
Just ran the frequency sweep on the earbud test on audio check.net - very solid response - no major dips whatsoever - that is always a good sign. Also Sammy matched the drivers extremely well. No bouncing left to right. 

Oh for heaven's sake Reggie, where's the 'OMG', where's the emotional response? Did it move you!?
Loved your Hahahahaha. More please!

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #1,352 of 2,508

I guess you have them on the stock Pandora cable atm?
Would also like to know your opinion on the Solar + 2.98 SG in time
rolleyes.gif

Quite a collection (Solar made me say goodbye to my V6-Stage) you have over there!
Enjoy your listening with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, haven't messed with any other cables as I want to form a baseline of performance. What is really cool is that there is a bit of distance between the 2-pin connector and my head - why is this nice? Well it isn that I get to hear the wind pass - it is so I can use a thicker cable without the connector pulling the CIEM out of my ear. My V8 is a little tight, so I try not to use anything with memory wire or I break seal. My K10's and the Solar are the best so far. (I don't have an aftermarket UE cable for the UERM)

This is in preparation for attaching the VENOM 
basshead.gif

Oh for heaven's sake Reggie, where's the 'OMG', where's the emotional response? Did it move you!?
Loved your Hahahahaha. More please!

Pretty amazing so far - it is like hearing some music for the first time. Cymbals sound excellent. I am lucky as I recently went to a live performance of Dweezil Zappa playing his dad's "One Size Fits All" album on its 40th anniversary here in town and I KNOW how things are supposed to sound - it helps to see a live show every now and then so perceptions don't get skewed.

Great show by the way.....

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1,353 of 2,508
  They are here and sound great so far. These are customs and they fit great - Haven't had them in long enough to know whether there will be any hot spots, but I'm doubting it. One thing - I don't know how anyone could imply these are bass-light-er - they have great bass - the seal may have something to do with it - but these hit hard.

Coming from a bass enthusiast like you this is very helpful. Enjoy them! I'll most likely receive mine early February.

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #1,354 of 2,508
Guys, The Solar is really the most amazing IEM that I've gotten. I have been searching for an all rounder and I absolutely have no regrets getting this gem. I did considered the K10 and I have the A10 which I compared extensively since they both have 10 drivers. It's quite a fair comparison and I felt Solar top it in terms of its treble, musicality and even it's bass. I now use my A10 for FOH mixing as it's more ref. The Solar is one of the most fun and exciting iem that I've ever owned. 

The treble is sweet and very alluring. It just captures my soul into whatever music I place with it. The best treble that I have ever experienced. If you guys are looking into finding an all rounder iem, this will be something that I recommend. The bass is tight and fast and hits quite hard. Very nice. I tested it with the QP1r, mojo and CDM and they all pair very well with it. Kudos to Sammy! It's great chatting up with him and he's one of the best around. Oh and one more thing, his workmanship is simply awesome. I gotten the custom version and the fit is seriously the best I have gotten. I have the a10, RSM, Omega and even the unreleased aaw 7 drivers which I named it as W700. Haa.. Most comfortable fit I ever had.

Highly recommended! And also Solar won't be the end... There should be something more exciting coming up. It's when you think that Magneto is the only villian and Apocalypse appears....which he will be soon.. Cheers! Enjoy your Solar!
something coming soon......No number of driver game.

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #1,355 of 2,508
  So, if everyone could please stop promoting the Mojo so much I can continue living my life happily with $600 more in my bank account.

I'm sorry, not happening. The Mojo provides the cleanest, most transparent sound of all my sources, and manages to stay very musical. Granted I haven't climbed higher than AK100ii, but I hear they perform at AK240 level, perhaps beyond.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,356 of 2,508
Dec 21, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,358 of 2,508
Dec 21, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,359 of 2,508
Dec 22, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #1,360 of 2,508
Well done, Nic!

A very nice review on this (imo also) fabulous cable :)

Congrats!

Your head will be happy as soon as the Solar is in your ears, feeding it with that sweet music / sound quality and
your wallet will be happy afterwards, when the price has really gone up, like Sammy mentioned before :wink:  

Btw, universals?

Sorry for late reply - Just spotted this. Yes universals.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,361 of 2,508
Dec 22, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #1,363 of 2,508
  I'm sorry, not happening. The Mojo provides the cleanest, most transparent sound of all my sources, and manages to stay very musical. Granted I haven't climbed higher than AK100ii, but I hear they perform at AK240 level, perhaps beyond.

Also very curious about the Mojo. Although I have the Hugo over here, I always wonder how these 2 would compare in sq and signature.
From what I've read the Mojo should have a warmer signature and a bit more congested soundstage.
I might sell Hugo to replace it with Mojo in the (near) future...still in doubt about that...

Mojo is more portable and seems to have very good synergy (and I'm a big synergy believer) with Solar
rolleyes.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,364 of 2,508
Also very curious about the Mojo. Although I have the Hugo over here, I always wonder how these 2 would compare in sq and signature.
From what I've read the Mojo should have a warmer signature and a bit more congested soundstage.
I might sell Hugo to replace it with Mojo in the (near) future...still in doubt about that...

Mojo is more portable and seems to have very good synergy (and I'm a big synergy believer) with Solar :rolleyes:  
Has he ever heard the Arrow or ALO?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,365 of 2,508
  Has he ever heard the Arrow or ALO?

Don't know
rolleyes.gif

Never heard an ALO amp (especially the CDM seems to be great) myself, but I do have an Arrow 5P (and loving it!)
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back