Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 20, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #2,371 of 2,508
Tested the Shure today. Sounded like stats in an iem, for better and for worse. Thing is halfway through my first song the song suddenly distorted very significantly (like a cable connection is loose) and turning the volume up or down didn't help (ie, this is not clipping).

Well, the good news is:
at least you didn't get electrocuted by it (yet)
wink.gif

Beaker3_280.gif

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #2,374 of 2,508
Alright.

Guess I'm getting the Solar's.

I love a warm v-shape sound.

This is literally all I've been looking for.

I'll let you guys know how it goes

We shall be Solars together.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2,378 of 2,508
Good. I miss that from my Rockboxed Sansa Fuse+ and CKS55 combo.

A high end combo of it will sound amazing.

You won't regret it.
One thing I noticed...finally got some sssspiral dotsss that fit me perfectly (ML) as everybody seems to favour them. Was happy with the foam tips from former Trinity Audio iems but classic case of curiosity killed the audiophile.

Certainly upped the brightness and resolution a touch - but the trade off is sibilance. Never before heard such sss's as on Steely Dan's Babylon Ssisters.
Or on Diana Krall'ss work. Anybody else had thiss isssue?

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,379 of 2,508
You won't regret it.
One thing I noticed...finally got some sssspiral dotsss that fit me perfectly (ML) as everybody seems to favour them. Was happy with the foam tips from former Trinity Audio iems but classic case of curiosity killed the audiophile.

Certainly upped the brightness and resolution a touch - but the trade off is sibilance. Never before heard such sss's as on Steely Dan's Babylon Ssisters.
Or on Diana Krall'ss work. Anybody else had thiss isssue?

More with the ML, Lg give me a perfect seal and sound with the Solar

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,380 of 2,508
Here's an tidbit from Canjam. Sammy did make an appearance, I met him to take my Solars. He was checking some stuff out too. And because he was so recognisable head-fiers came up to him for a chat, and maybe listen to some gear.

I did not follow him, but a few headfiers met with him for a mini-meet outside the hotel. Hope those who did would chime in about the Galaxy.

One more thing. Solar sounds awesome. Superb coherence, bass body is full and natural, mids are rich and detailed, treble is very well extended without a hint of harshness. A superb tuning. If you like your IEMs balanced with some warmth and a bit of V-shape, strongly consider this.

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #2,382 of 2,508
I had a chance to meet with Sammy for a few hours and try all his different toys. Can't talk about the specifics but I did glean some interesting facts. Sammy likes to listen at a very low volume (good of him to have that discipline lol) and so generally likes a very sparkling treble to bring more details to the fore. That doesn't mean he can't do other variants, he just thinks it's not quite the Rhapsodio house sound- evince the Solar, but even more so another unnamed iem he let me try. Both were very good, but very different (especially in the treble) from the other iems he were very excited about. He referred to them both as a more popular sound- so he knows what sells :)

Being able to tune varied signatures well is a huge plus in my book!

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #2,384 of 2,508
Feb 22, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #2,385 of 2,508
Selling my Solars if anyone is looking for a universal version. Original box etc etc
I also have a 4-braid 2.98 balanced (2.5mm) cable that came with them.
PM me for any info / details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back