Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Feb 22, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #2,386 of 2,508
Selling my Solars if anyone is looking for a universal version. Original box etc etc
I also have a 4-braid 2.98 balanced (2.5mm) cable that came with them.
PM me for any info / details.

What are you moving onto next, dare I ask?

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #2,388 of 2,508
I had a chance to meet with Sammy for a few hours and try all his different toys. Can't talk about the specifics but I did glean some interesting facts. Sammy likes to listen at a very low volume (good of him to have that discipline lol) and so generally likes a very sparkling treble to bring more details to the fore. That doesn't mean he can't do other variants, he just thinks it's not quite the Rhapsodio house sound- evince the Solar, but even more so another unnamed iem he let me try. Both were very good, but very different (especially in the treble) from the other iems he were very excited about. He referred to them both as a more popular sound- so he knows what sells :)

Being able to tune varied signatures well is a huge plus in my book!

I know you can't give much away but not sure I understand much of what you're driving at here. What do you mean by 'evince' - or is that a typo? The Solar has plenty of sparkle so would fit with the Rhapsodio 'house sound' I would have thought? Might have misunderstood...

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #2,389 of 2,508
Selling my Solars if anyone is looking for a universal version. Original box etc etc
I also have a 4-braid 2.98 balanced (2.5mm) cable that came with them.
PM me for any info / details.

What are you moving onto next, dare I ask?

Oh you may, you may:
I have my eyes on the Lime Ears Aether. Or possibly the Cosmic Ears CE6P. Tried a few at CanJam.
CanJam was always going to be bad for the wallet.....

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #2,390 of 2,508
Quote:
Being able to tune varied signatures well is a huge plus in my book!

Have owned/heard 3 Rhapsodio iems so far. Especially the RTi1 (bass light with superb treble) and RDB MK4 (bass heavy with less sparkle) were like night and day to my ears.
Solar mainly sounding like ''best of both worlds'' imo
smily_headphones1.gif

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, the good news is:
at least you didn't get electrocuted by it (yet)
wink.gif

Did that happen to someone? Oh my.

No, not as far as I know => I was just kidding because they're electrostatic
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #2,391 of 2,508
I know you can't give much away but not sure I understand much of what you're driving at here. What do you mean by 'evince' - or is that a typo? The Solar has plenty of sparkle so would fit with the Rhapsodio 'house sound' I would have thought? Might have misunderstood...

It wasn't dark, but it wasn't the sparkliest either- not when compared to some of the other iems he had me try.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #2,392 of 2,508
  Here's an tidbit from Canjam. Sammy did make an appearance, I met him to take my Solars. He was checking some stuff out too. And because he was so recognisable head-fiers came up to him for a chat, and maybe listen to some gear.

I did not follow him, but a few headfiers met with him for a mini-meet outside the hotel. Hope those who did would chime in about the Galaxy.

One more thing. Solar sounds awesome. Superb coherence, bass body is full and natural, mids are rich and detailed, treble is very well extended without a hint of harshness. A superb tuning. If you like your IEMs balanced with some warmth and a bit of V-shape, strongly consider this.

So you got your Solar? Custom right?

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #2,393 of 2,508
So you got your Solar? Custom right?

Yup. It's the black/gold one recently featured at the fb page. Beautiful. Sounds amazing as well. Do they need burn in?

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #2,394 of 2,508
It wasn't dark, but it wasn't the sparkliest either- not when compared to some of the other iems he had me try.

He's putting you in his spell again. Is he... a wizard? :wink:

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,395 of 2,508
Yup. It's the black/gold one recently featured at the fb page. Beautiful. Sounds amazing as well. Do they need burn in?

In my opinion, definitely. Sammy always says 200 hours but I think they improve after 10 or so. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #2,396 of 2,508
In my opinion, definitely. Sammy always says 200 hours but I think they improve after 10 or so. 

Ok just messaged him and he asked for 100+ hours for the Solar. Off to the burner.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #2,399 of 2,508
  Sammy told me the same for Galaxy, but I'm probably coming up on 200 hours by now

More importantly, any difference in the Galaxy sound?

OOTB Solar sounds stellar.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #2,400 of 2,508
No, it definitely improved with time, as you would expect it to do (DD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back