Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #632 of 722
Guys, for what is worth, i tried V1 with Cowon S9 and received great combination, i cannot explain how but V1 has great synergy with Cowons.

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #633 of 722
Swimsonny, what i find striking is V1 beneifts from rolloff especially trebles. It has very wide stage but due to some tuning aspects it is not so 3D as on 1p2.
One issue to be concerned is sibilance can be hard with revealing source and mid bass misses a bit too. I have normal v1 version and find it not so V-shaped, actually i find it more U shaped with a bit of rolloff in lower mid bass and bit spiking trebles. This is why i prefer V1 with C3 and BH amp but cannot use it on Rwak since on brighter material it brings listen fatigue very quickly. I agree, this is not bad for the price but i wish Rhapsodio invested a bit more time in fine tuning, could be a big winner here which misses a bit here and there now. Patience is virtue and fine tuning could be real game changer here.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #635 of 722
Rhapsodio definitely has a lot of intriguing products and ideas.  Agreed with Gintaras their tuning can use more refinement.  It seems they don't really have a solid idea what is "good" sound even to themselves with the very frequent revisions and non-stop product launches.  It may also benefit them to spend more time on getting the sound right before start to sell them.  Was quite intrigued earlier this year but it really doesn't give me any confidence that what I'm getting is going to be a finished product.

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #636 of 722
Quote:
Rhapsodio definitely has a lot of intriguing products and ideas.  Agreed with Gintaras their tuning can use more refinement.  It seems they don't really have a solid idea what is "good" sound even to themselves with the very frequent revisions and non-stop product launches.  It may also benefit them to spend more time on getting the sound right before start to sell them.  Was quite intrigued earlier this year but it really doesn't give me any confidence that what I'm getting is going to be a finished product.

You are a little rude with them, but I totaly agree with you when you they have to develop more their products. The tuning is so important in the final result, I do believe they can't do better with the RDB+v1. Fabaaroan and me meet us mid october in Paris to compare seriously both of the RDB+v1 version.

I got my RDB+v1 mini 3 days ago they have been burned-in instantly without any pause
biggrin.gif
I observe some of major improvements :

- bass precision and extention
- sibilances attenuation
- reverbs and depth of the soundstage

I observe the difficulty to find the well synergy too

- iBasso HDP-R10 : well controled, relatively balanced, highs are more natural than on any other DAP. Soundstage is very wide and deep, impressive. Dynamic is very performant.

- AK100 : arghs, bass are not as extended as with the HDP-R10, I suffer in the highs... arghs -> worst synergy to my ears

- Sansa Clip Zip : middle soundstage, natural bass, slightly crips highs, do a very good job for the price and the size -> best very portable setup with the RDB+

- Fiio X3 : good soundstage, in the face (too much ?), highs and lows are controled and extended, no major issue, but nothing that do charm of a signature that is my taste.

I think one of the best setup ever could be achieve with the SR71 in balanced with the RDB+ : great soundstage and well controled signature in both extension of the spectrum.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #637 of 722
Can someone please PM me Sammy's email address or post it here? I need to contact him about something.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #640 of 722
  Can someone please PM me Sammy's email address or post it here? I need to contact him about something.

I'm interested by Sammy's email as well 
Their website is under maintenance and I tried (no success) to contact them over facebook.

And I really want to own their RDB+v1.
Maybe someone could post price / available options (and price) for this IEM.

Thx

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #641 of 722
I'm interested by Sammy's email as well 
Their website is under maintenance and I tried (no success) to contact them over facebook.

And I really want to own their RDB+v1.
Maybe someone could post price / available options (and price) for this IEM.

Thx

Ashara, if you want i am selling my RDB+v1, nearly brand new, owned since March, used only in home listen, no jogging or outdoors. Dark purple shells with silver faceplates, tuned and controlled twice by Rhapsodio, comes with pelican plastic box, generic Rhap tips, and two Rhapsodio cables, 8 braid copper and 4 braid silver.

This original v1 version, not mini, but DD is 8mm instead of 10mm which makes less problem with phase correction as explained by Rhapsodio.

They sound lovely and i am using them with Cowon S9 and Colorfly C3/BH combo, but v1 does not like my Rwak sadly and Rwak is my main player. I now have 1p2 and want different sig IEMs for vocals like Parterre or ASG2 or else so v1 must go to fund a new purchase.

If you want pls PM me for the price offer.

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #642 of 722
yes, forgot to tell, v1 is good for the money but after 1p2 for ober twice more the price i became Tralucent addict.
and i must admit my complaints mainly go about v1 pairing with Rwak, surprisingly so because Cowon or C3 have no sich issues at all but i plan continue Rwak and Ak products and add dx50 so neither Cowon nor C3 suits me anymore.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #644 of 722
  Hi everyone,

I will be the representative for rhapsodio from now on. Charles did an excellent job building this thread up.

If you have any questions, do ask and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

I will directly contact sammy about any doubts you have.

Regards,
Chester

Hi Chester,

Thats great. Actually, I am quite confused with Rhapsodio products. Anywhere that I can take a look on the listing of current products?

Regards,
Superachromat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back