Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Sep 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #1,772 of 2,057
i am using the Massdrop M50velorpads..
sounds good to my ears.

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #1,773 of 2,057
Oct 1, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,774 of 2,057
How much do they stretch when you put them on?

Hmmm...probably just need a half cm stretch should be fine.

I inserted some window foam on one side to angle the pads :)

20171001_154012.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,776 of 2,057
I just put Dekoni TH900 elite sheepskin pads on my Pandora VI and they work beautifully. Perfect fit. I can't comment about the sound vs original pads because I replaced my original pads with something else long ago (the original pads teared apart after a very short while. Bad glue, I guess). However, it does sound good. Isolation is really good, and very very, and one more very, comfortable (as expected from Dekoni's sheepskin and memory foam). Also, unlike Fostex, you don't need to get extra attenuation rings for this. (It's funny that pads designed for Fostex cans don't work properly with Fostex cans unless you shell out another $14.99 for a pair of plastic rings -- it won't sound very good otherwise. But that's off topics here).

I really recommend these pads.

Nov 10, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #1,778 of 2,057
I'd like to know if Final Audio Design Pandora Hope IV (4, not 6) can use a Balanced Cable or not?

About replacement pads to improve comfort, from my reading online so far, pad from these models have been mentioned:

Shure 1540
shure 1840
dt770

In my place Shure 1540's pads are not available, would the other two fit Pandora Hope IV? Or are there any other pads that owners have tried and proven to be good fit and give better comfort over the stock pads?

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #1,779 of 2,057
About replacement pads to improve comfort, from my reading online so far, pad from these models have been mentioned:

Shure 1540
shure 1840
dt770

In my place Shure 1540's pads are not available, would the other two fit Pandora Hope IV? Or are there any other pads that owners have tried and proven to be good fit and give better comfort over the stock pads?

i used shure 840 pads- worked great

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #1,780 of 2,057
I just put Dekoni TH900 elite sheepskin pads on my Pandora VI and they work beautifully. Perfect fit. I can't comment about the sound vs original pads because I replaced my original pads with something else long ago (the original pads teared apart after a very short while. Bad glue, I guess). However, it does sound good. Isolation is really good, and very very, and one more very, comfortable (as expected from Dekoni's sheepskin and memory foam). Also, unlike Fostex, you don't need to get extra attenuation rings for this. (It's funny that pads designed for Fostex cans don't work properly with Fostex cans unless you shell out another $14.99 for a pair of plastic rings -- it won't sound very good otherwise. But that's off topics here).

I really recommend these pads.

We just put some on our Pandora VI's in the office and they are sooooo comfortable and sound amazing :D

A very worthy upgrade for these headphones.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,782 of 2,057
I actually had a pair of TH900 Dekoni sheepskins lying around and threw them on my VI. Very nice. Might be the best I've found yet.

The Brainwavz pleather pads work pretty well (angled or flat).

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #1,783 of 2,057
I'd like to know the differences between Final Audio Design Pandora Hope IV vs Pandora Hope (Sonorous) VI. There is a pair of the VI for sale in my place but I've already owned the IV, wondering if it is worthy for me to sell my IV for the VI. Anyone who have compared both models can please share your insight with me?

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,784 of 2,057
I'd like to know the differences between Final Audio Design Pandora Hope IV vs Pandora Hope (Sonorous) VI. There is a pair of the VI for sale in my place but I've already owned the IV, wondering if it is worthy for me to sell my IV for the VI. Anyone who have compared both models can please share your insight with me?

The Sonorous IV housing is plastic, the VI is steel. This makes the bass slightly more impactful, but only slightly. The VI are much heavier, so the IV might be more comfortable for some. I almost regret buying the VI because of the weight. ZMF earpads and headband pad helped with the comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back