Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Dec 22, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,667 of 2,057
i think it is a speedier n slightly "brighter" can than hd600 and PM3

(and i suspect....the other 2 cans too....????  hah )

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #1,668 of 2,057
i think it is a speedier n slightly "brighter" can than hd600 and PM3

(and i suspect....the other 2 cans too....????  hah )
Sounds good to me, what are the earpads and headband pad made of? And my big question, are these truly worth the $800 price tag? And do these compete with the big dogs? Detail retrieval and soundstage is what I mainly want, do these have it?

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,669 of 2,057
Sigh...must u ask this question?? :p
It's about taste..money...value..n politics.:grinning:

It is marginally cleaner/better than my yamaha mt220($200)
Maybe lose out on a little layering?

It is as heavy as most of the heavy cans around but u wont feel it..i dun knoe y

It is very easy to power this can..anything goes...but gets brilliant as u throw in more $$$ on the setup (?)

It sounds great with the massdrop
M50velorpads

Pandora6 is one of my fav cans..honest.
LCD2 is a gem..this needs an amp..homebound can.
( there s a sale on now???)

I paid $500 for my used v6..??
U might get it for less if u wait..zzz

Get a KZ ZST at gearbest in the meanwhile as u agonize :stuck_out_tongue:

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #1,670 of 2,057
Sigh...must u ask this question?? :p
It's about taste..money...value..n politics.:grinning:

It is marginally cleaner/better than my yamaha mt220($200)
Maybe lose out on a little layering?

It is as heavy as most of the heavy cans around but u wont feel it..i dun knoe y

It is very easy to power this can..anything goes...but gets brilliant as u throw in more $$$ on the setup (?)

It sounds great with the massdrop
M50velorpads

Pandora6 is one of my fav cans..honest.
LCD2 is a gem..this needs an amp..homebound can.
( there s a sale on now???)

I paid $500 for my used v6..??
U might get it for less if u wait..zzz

Get a KZ ZST at gearbest in the meanwhile as u agonize :stuck_out_tongue:
Haha im ready to order now, I was thinking of ordering the Etymotic Er4XR and pairing it with an Acoustic Research Ar-M2. I want a upgrade from my Fidelio X2 as I hardly use my Oppo Pm3, HD600 and most of my other iems and headphones because of the X2 paired with my HTC 10 & Shozy Magic. I'll try to go and have a listen to the Sonorous VI and see if it's what I am looking for. I truly love the design and look but for me to purchase I also have to love the sound. Hopefully I do :)

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #1,671 of 2,057
Using DAP with Finals are nice, and for the most part they can be driven from so-so sources. But if you don't mind fiddling with Desktop Amp and Dac there are better choice out there, especially at 800$. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #1,672 of 2,057
Using DAP with Finals are nice, and for the most part they can be driven from so-so sources. But if you don't mind fiddling with Desktop Amp and Dac there are better choice out there, especially at 800$. 
Thats what I don't want, I don't plan on using a desktop amp and that is what really got me about that Sonorous VI that it doesn't require an amp to sound great. My HTC 10 had enough power to drive my HD600 and oppo PM3 to loud volumes and adding the Shozy Magic just gave it a whole new level of power and the DAC in the HTC 10 is great and when paired with the Shozy Magic it sounds amazing. I just want something that I can plug and listen to and that it sounds great.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,673 of 2,057
Thats what I don't want, I don't plan on using a desktop amp and that is what really got me about that Sonorous VI that it doesn't require an amp to sound great. My HTC 10 had enough power to drive my HD600 and oppo PM3 to loud volumes and adding the Shozy Magic just gave it a whole new level of power and the DAC in the HTC 10 is great and when paired with the Shozy Magic it sounds amazing. I just want something that I can plug and listen to and that it sounds great.

Most modern DAP or portable DAC/Amp should pair quite nicely with the Sonorous. If you don't mind the weight of it this might be the one lmao. Though I do suggest getting 2nd hand, much better price there.

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #1,675 of 2,057
no...but most ppl swap out the pads, i lost the track on this.  :p

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #1,677 of 2,057
U will hv to look at ZMF headfones for a full leather dressup :blush:

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #1,678 of 2,057
U will hv to look at ZMF headfones for a full leather dressup :blush:
It's a shame that the VI don't have leather :/ Headphones that are much less have real lether such as the Fidelio X2, that has cowhide. I don't really care about the earpads because it's true I would be changing them, but the headband :/ Im worried for it's durability. Anyone here had any problems with tearing?

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #1,679 of 2,057
The headband is pretty meh. It feels comfortable at first, but if you live in humid place like mine, the outer layer will be teared down eventually. But really just buy (or make) a headband and be done with whatever headphone you want lmao
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Woven-Pure-Wool-Headband-Cushion-For-AKG-K701-K702-Q701-Headphones-/261445245520

Users who are viewing this thread

Back