Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Dec 13, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #1,652 of 2,057
They will be shipped soon, i'll tell you how did i feel when i'll got them
smily_headphones1.gif

And i hope i'll be able to use them for like 10 years because they are expensive :/

I'm thinking the same thing, but I reckon I could quite easily listen to these for over 10 years. Although occasionally, I like to pull out my W1000X or the K702 just for comparison and change of feel...
They are wonderful to listen to, and seems to be quite an all-round good headphone.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,654 of 2,057
Couldn't sleep so I decided to do some pad rolling on my 6's that have been gathering dust. Had the Shure Alcantara pads on them for some time and while they're comfy, they changed the sound sig too much (especially the bass). Decided to put some Brainwavz Hybrid's on and they overall sounded better than the Shure's, but they were even brighter and still lacking too much bass. Treble isn't going to be an issue with the excellent BA in the 6, so I decided to throw a thicker pad on to help with the low end. Found some angled Brainwavz, slapped them on and WOW, what a difference! Bass response improved dramatically and really thickened up the sound while still maintaining the mids and highs. Really crazy how much a difference pads can make sometimes. The angled pads are also still a great improvement on comfort over the dreadful stock pads. Soundstage is still really good, although I think the hybrid pads might have been slightly better.

For the meantime I'll keep the Brainwavz angled pads on, but I've got a few other similar pads u might try swapping on when I have time.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,655 of 2,057
i rolled in the brainwav hybrid n angledpads  two days ago...
the highs are a tad sharp, probably the ears are too far away.

i still like the flat velor m50pads now on sale at massdrop

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,656 of 2,057
Holy mother of god, now i know what " soundstage " is, i've never listen to open headphones but the difference between the Sonorous VI and all single headphones i've heard. The details are very very good, i'm just wondering about few things, i feel like bass are little bit behind and treble maybe a little bit ahead, but when i push a little bit the headphone against my head it become much better, what lead me to my 2nd question, am I the only one who feel like they need much more clamping pressure ?

Because when i lie down on my bed and listen to them, and then i get up, they stay on the bed ahah, did you got some tricks to improve the clamping pressure ? Cause it might solve both of my problems, and it may also be the A Pads so i'll try to get the B Pads, and it can also be that they need to burn in, i'll see later :D

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,657 of 2,057
Couldn't sleep so I decided to do some pad rolling on my 6's that have been gathering dust. Had the Shure Alcantara pads on them for some time and while they're comfy, they changed the sound sig too much (especially the bass). Decided to put some Brainwavz Hybrid's on and they overall sounded better than the Shure's, but they were even brighter and still lacking too much bass. Treble isn't going to be an issue with the excellent BA in the 6, so I decided to throw a thicker pad on to help with the low end. Found some angled Brainwavz, slapped them on and WOW, what a difference! Bass response improved dramatically and really thickened up the sound while still maintaining the mids and highs. Really crazy how much a difference pads can make sometimes. The angled pads are also still a great improvement on comfort over the dreadful stock pads. Soundstage is still really good, although I think the hybrid pads might have been slightly better.

For the meantime I'll keep the Brainwavz angled pads on, but I've got a few other similar pads u might try swapping on when I have time.

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI

Is it those pads ? :D

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,658 of 2,057
Dec 14, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #1,659 of 2,057
How can these fit the final https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI ?

The shape is different. Could you have some picture?

I am planning to buy these https://www.amazon.com/leather-Cushions-Replacement-Beyerdynamic-Headphones/dp/B01G6XL562/ref=pd_sbs_23_29?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SXQCMMVV915EH3XYEZ67

Have anyone try it?

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #1,660 of 2,057
the brainwav pads took quite an effort to get in...cos of the oval shape..n the wide flange.
but after a titanic eye straining half an hour...it went in...whew.

the amazon "leather"...is protein leather..not real leather.
but i guess it should fit easily.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,661 of 2,057
  How can these fit the final https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Angled-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZY8PGJI ?

The shape is different. Could you have some picture?

I am planning to buy these https://www.amazon.com/leather-Cushions-Replacement-Beyerdynamic-Headphones/dp/B01G6XL562/ref=pd_sbs_23_29?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SXQCMMVV915EH3XYEZ67

Have anyone try it?

Even though the pads don't look like they fit, they fit fine on circular driver housings like the Sonorus and the Fostex TH series, etc...

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #1,663 of 2,057

Compare to the stock pad, how do those sound?

I honestly couldn't say as I haven't had the stock pads one for quite some time.

I will say I've found any pad I've swapped on to be more comfortable than than the stock pads.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,665 of 2,057
tested out the brainwaz hybrid ANGLED ...not ideal..its a little brittle thin..soundstage closed down somewhat...enough to annoy me.
Put back the massdrop m50velor ..and the sound is back to a beautiful richness..the soundstage is huge.
dun forget to  check it out when massdrop make a sale next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back