Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 3, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #1,486 of 2,057
So, the massdrop is selling this again and I just committed. Can you guys please tell me what's the inner box of the new sonorous version looks like? I heard it's not as fancy as the old Pandora's hexagon box but if the new box is the same as sonorous viii and x with white fur it will still be nice!

Feb 3, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,487 of 2,057
So, the massdrop is selling this again and I just committed. Can you guys please tell me what's the inner box of the new sonorous version looks like? I heard it's not as fancy as the old Pandora's hexagon box but if the new box is the same as sonorous viii and x with white fur it will still be nice!

Boring old cardboard box with cardboard insert I am afraid...

You will be glad to hear it doesn't impact the sound quality of the cans!

:wink:

Feb 4, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,488 of 2,057

Boring old cardboard box with cardboard insert I am afraid...

You will be glad to hear it doesn't impact the sound quality of the cans!

:wink:

Agreed.  I'm surprised that anyone would be concerned about the box, particularly considering that it's cardboard (not hardwood, metal, or plastic pelican-style, as many better headphone cases are).  "Fancy" cardboard?  I'm afraid that sounds like an oxymoron to me.  To each his own, though...

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,491 of 2,057

My Alcantara's just sold. Easy enough.

What happened? Another headphone took its place? 

HifiMan HE-400i's are my current pair.  I preferred the Hope VI's sound (400i's still great though), but comfort on the newer Hifiman models is better and I also needed to free some cash up as my roof and boiler both need replacing!

I suspect that I will buy Hope VI's again in future...

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,492 of 2,057
Roof, boiler, headphones...I just don't get your priorities! :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,493 of 2,057
Roof, boiler, headphones...I just don't get your priorities!
smily_headphones1.gif

It's all about the headphones.  I find that they sound better when at the correct temperature and protected from precipitation :)

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #1,494 of 2,057
wow, sorry you had to let them go. I'm just starting to enjoy mine as they're finally being powered to their best potential after switching out the Cayin C5 with an oppo HA-2. I'm in portable heaven during my commutes!

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,495 of 2,057
My Pandora Hope VI show a strange behavior on the left earcup. If it is touched and pressed inside (lightly) there will be a strange sound as if the diaphragm is being bended (not sure if I could explain that correctly)

As my 2 year warranty (having bought it from Amazon Germany there is a 2 yrs warranty) will expire end of february I talked to Sintron (the german sales people who are now responsible). 

A very pleasant and unexpected surprise: They will exchange the headphone for free against a Sonorous VI - without even having checked it before.  This makes me almost suspicious if there is a value to the "old Pandoras" ??

Anyway - I am absolutely happy to do this exchange.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,496 of 2,057
  A very pleasant and unexpected surprise: They will exchange the headphone for free against a Sonorous VI - without even having checked it before.  This makes me almost suspicious if there is a value to the "old Pandoras" ??

That sounds rather more like excellent customer service to me!
Sennheiser were similarly superb when I needed to return my IE800's.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,497 of 2,057

That sounds rather more like excellent customer service to me!
Sennheiser were similarly superb when I needed to return my IE800's.

Yeah - that's how I felt.
But at the same time it sounded too good to be true.
Isn't it crazy that I had this feeling that there must be something wrong just because I didn't expect such a good move? (I do mean this to be taken as a self - reflection)

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,500 of 2,057
It would be really helpful to get some kind of comparison chart from FAD explaining the differences between each of the Sonorous models.

From casual inspection, I can't see any change between II, III, IV and VI other than the latter uses metal earpieces, plus the ongoing confusion over which pads come with each and which sound best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back