Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 11, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #931 of 2,057
  Question I have a chance to get the Pandora vi, the ultrasone sig dj, or the edition 8 for the same price which of these do guys think is superior in overall sound quality?

I've tried all three and I have to say the Ultrasone Edition 8s are a joke, the Ultrasone Signature DJs are quite good but really uncomfortable, and the Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VIs are incredible.

So, absolutely, the Pandoras. Don't let the prices cloud your mind.

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #932 of 2,057
What would an upgrade from these just curios and also I almost forgot to mention I can get the el8s for the same price or for 25 dollars more I can get the hifiman 560s would the Pandora vi still be a better buy

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #933 of 2,057
What would an upgrade from these just curios and also I almost forgot to mention I can get the el8s for the same price or for 25 dollars more I can get the hifiman 560s would the Pandora vi still be a better buy

I'd take the Pandora over the EL8 myself, easily. Don't think I'd take them over the 560, unless the closed aspect was important.

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #935 of 2,057
Maybe I will narrow it down to either the th900 or the Pandora more likely the Pandora because it seems like it is the only one besides the sig djs or the t5ps that you can get hifi sound without an amp

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #936 of 2,057
Maybe I will narrow it down to either the th900 or the Pandora more likely the Pandora because it seems like it is the only one besides the sig djs or the t5ps that you can get hifi sound without an amp

Ah, if sounding good without an amp is a requirement then strike the 560 off your list straight away. FWIW, the T5p seems to be selling a lot of places for a price comparable to the Pandora.

Oh, and agree with the above post about the Edition 8s. I owned them for a while, not my cup of tea and no matter which way you cut it not worth anything like their asking price.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #938 of 2,057
OK you guys have convinced me, ordered the Pandora vi as well as a neck brace lol

actually now that I have had the PH6 for two weeks, and I may be an odd one out, I don't feel the weight to be really a problem. to me it feels quite comfortable as well. I can fall asleep listening to them. 

hope you enjoy the PH6

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #940 of 2,057
Tyll from innerfidelity measured the PH4 and said they were not worth chatting about. Here's the link:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FinalAudioPandoraHope4.pdf

I'm no expert at interpreting headphone measurements, but there seem to be at least 3 potential problems with the frequency response:
1. The PH4 is quite sensitive to positioning and seal. Have it on the wrong way and your mids are basically gone.
2. The rise from 1 kHz to 4 kHz looks like a rollercoaster with a massive drop at 3 kHz.
3. After the 4 kHz peak it seems to fall a little too fast and low before the second peak at 10 kHz.

Now I'm interested to know what you think of these measurements and Tyll's conclusion. Are they really that bad? Do you actually hear any of this and does it cause any problems? Do the PH6 (or PH6 pads on the PH4) improve problematic aspects?

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #941 of 2,057
So apparently Hope VIII and X will be released. Anyone knows anything about this? There's not much info about them.

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #942 of 2,057
There was a website talking about the VIII and the X but judging from the price of the VI ( even though they are priced more than reasonable should be a lot higher from what I'm told ) I bet we are looking in the price range of the th900 (when first Released ) and the HE1000 range

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #943 of 2,057
Tyll from innerfidelity measured the PH4 and said they were not worth chatting about. Here's the link:

I'm no expert at interpreting headphone measurements, but there seem to be at least 3 potential problems with the frequency response:
1. The PH4 is quite sensitive to positioning and seal. Have it on the wrong way and your mids are basically gone.
2. The rise from 1 kHz to 4 kHz looks like a rollercoaster with a massive drop at 3 kHz.
3. After the 4 kHz peak it seems to fall a little too fast and low before the second peak at 10 kHz.

Now I'm interested to know what you think of these measurements and Tyll's conclusion. Are they really that bad? Do you actually hear any of this and does it cause any problems? Do the PH6 (or PH6 pads on the PH4) improve problematic aspects?

Well they did say before that the PH IV have too bright high issue with the stock pad and the same can be said for PH VI with stock-pad. To be honest though measurement only tells one part of the story (the Havi B3 have terrible measurement but I did enjoy it, and I have seen someone prefer the HD650 over HD800).

BTW one quick question: Can you guys recommend pads for the PH VI? Amazon link would be nice :)

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #944 of 2,057

Measurements are BS and so is Tyll's little opinion and for that matter Inks and his review friend.   There are other reviews out there that highly praise the PH4 along with many members who bought the headphone, sold it, and wrote later on that they regretted selling.   I suggest you listen vs play the measurement game.   My only complaint of this headphone is the weight for my arthritic neck, other than that this headphone kicks ass, especially not needing an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back