Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jan 9, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #857 of 2,057
Thanks L
  jellofund, the former one.
It is written on the official website. Maybe added recently though.
They say, 
>  *As a special bonus, ear pads made from low-resilience sponge have been included with this product.
> This special bonus will revert back to the standard sponge type ear pads when stocks commemorating the release of the product sell out.

Sorry I cannot put link here since I am newcomer and not allowed to write link yet.

They say that the sound of two pads differs as well.
Low-resilience: superior bass reproduction
Standard: superior in terms of the reproduction of clear sound in the medium and high ranges

Thanks Licht - I appreciate the info.

I was hoping it was the latter but I suppose it at least saves me spending yet more money on pads, so that's something I guess. I do wonder if people buying based on reviews (which are all based on low-resilience pads) will be disappointed as the sound sig will be nothing like they expected....

Cheers again 
smily_headphones1.gif

--------

If anyone in the EU is looking to buy pads / cables etc. then I can wholeheartedly recommend FAD's Benelux distributor: https://www.finalaudio.nl/en/home.html

On first glance their prices are a bit higher than buying direct from FAD's Japanese store but of course there are no hidden import duty/ tax or courier handling fees (we get hit with £8+ for customs clearance in the UK) to factor in, so probably not much in it when all is said and done. Sadly regardless of where you buy from it's gonna sting your wallet 
frown.gif

btw If you don't see your country listed when ordering drop them an e-mail and Michael (who deals with e-mails) should be able to add it to the list for you.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #858 of 2,057

ph0n6, FAD online shop is saying to ask for overseas shipping by web form or mail. (still written in Japanese only, though)

Oops, missed that one. But tbh, I think the process is rather too much of a hassle and I fully agree with jellofund on the hidden price tag. I prefer aftermarket pad tbh. On the other hand though, if I want a cable seems like the online store is the only option (for the sake of replacement, if I want longer cable I'd rather buy a 3,5mm extension cable). Wonder if there's any aftermarket cable for this one (the Y split seems to be stereo I think)

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #859 of 2,057
  Oops, missed that one. But tbh, I think the process is rather too much of a hassle and I fully agree with jellofund on the hidden price tag. I prefer aftermarket pad tbh. On the other hand though, if I want a cable seems like the online store is the only option (for the sake of replacement, if I want longer cable I'd rather buy a 3,5mm extension cable). Wonder if there's any aftermarket cable for this one (the Y split seems to be stereo I think)

There's a bit about the cable construction here that might be of interest: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696821/reviews-impressions-thread-final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-interesting-dynamic-ba-full-size-headphones/810#post_11005792

The only aftermarket cable I'm aware of is this one by Alo Audio. Yours for a mere $279!
http://www.aloaudio.com/cables/headphone-cables/the-green-line

Jan 10, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #860 of 2,057

jellofund, interesting that Pandora X on the FAD Benelux site you shown which is not on the Japanese site!
It seems it got little cheaper in price and construction compared to that shown in FAD pamphlet. (hard copy)

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #862 of 2,057

Navy blue Pandora Hope VI is a order to made limited version for event held on Dec 14/15, 2013 at Bic Camera Yurakucho.
Maybe sold at other special events but I'm not sure.

http://final-audio-design.com/archives/2408
http://final-audio-design.com/fad/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/press_release_20131210_21.pdf

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #865 of 2,057
Since I can't get official replacement Pandora Hope VI earpads here in the U.S., I got a pair of Shure SRH840 pads. They fit okay, warm up the sound a little, and feel more comfortable than the originals. My ears don't contact the plastic torture devices. I prefer the sound of the original pads but I didn't like the plastic biting into my ears. So overall, the Shure pads are a plus.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #866 of 2,057
Are Aloaudio's green line the only custom balanced cables for the PH6 to an AK100ii/AK120ii/AK240? I'm looking everywhere and can't find another which sell them (cheaper). I just can't bring myself to spend $280 on cables.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #867 of 2,057
For anyone who is interested in the Limited Blue Navy Edition: 
http://www.amazon.co.jp/PANDORA-Special-Edition-FIPA6BDS-1-5m%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%80%90%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%97%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B8%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%80%91/dp/B00KW6BPMO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_26?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KNYYD3293WX59M0DGW5

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #868 of 2,057
  They say that the sound of two pads differs as well.
Low-resilience: superior bass reproduction
Standard: superior in terms of the reproduction of clear sound in the medium and high ranges

Quote:
  Since I can't get official replacement Pandora Hope VI earpads here in the U.S., I got a pair of Shure SRH840 pads. They fit okay, warm up the sound a little, and feel more comfortable than the originals. My ears don't contact the plastic torture devices. I prefer the sound of the original pads but I didn't like the plastic biting into my ears. So overall, the Shure pads are a plus.

Thanks for the info and reconfirmation. Sounds like the stock pads are still way in the lead. Did I mention what an awesome sounding (not fitting) headphone this is?
basshead.gif
 Hail Pandora!

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #869 of 2,057
Anyone in the UK/EU looking to aquire a pair of these incredible headphones at a very good price please see below.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/752183/fs-pandora-hope-vi

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #870 of 2,057
When I got my FAD Heaven V IEM's I said "wow" for the first time in many years.   The musicality of these blew me away, and as many posted, its just "you and the music."   I said that's what I've been searching for, a sound signature that's totally musical, rich and vibrant vs the technically flat sound of my other IEM's where I hear the earphone and not the music.   So I looked at the Hope VI and saw  this thread, but about 20 posts of the Hope VI for sale!!   How is that???   Because of the pad designed for very small people?  
The weight??

The big complaint on the FAD IEM Review thread is the cable being flat, microphonic and stringy, and tangly.   It seems FAD has addressed the pad issue, but not their IEM cable issue at all.   I'd love to hear any comparisons between their Heaven series of IEM's to the signature of the Hope VI, but then again, is it worth the price, wt and pad discomfort, or do they now come with pads for Westerners???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back