Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jan 6, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #841 of 2,057
  I know this is the VI's thread but do you guys recommend the PH IV?

I prefer PH IV for rock, metal, jazz, because more kick and punch than PH VI, there are darkner background and Pandory VI there are smooth on bass. But on classic and releases DSD I prefer Pandory VI more details, and micro-details, wide scene and more air.

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #842 of 2,057
I prefer PH IV for rock, metal, jazz, because more kick and punch than PH VI, there are darkner background and Pandory VI there are smooth on bass. But on classic and releases DSD I prefer Pandory VI more details, and micro-details, wide scene and more air.

Given the price difference I wouldn't be surprised that the IV lose some detail and soundstage. What do you think of the IV's mids? I mainly listen to live vocals and some occasional instrumentals. Is the treble too bright for you? Dale's review criticize the treb alot, and I don't like using too much EQ

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #843 of 2,057
Mids is the smallest difference, only facture and details. Pandory is very good to live vocals and live show. I live listening Kalafina band for this, a better than Shure 940. Treble ot bright for me, but I like a lot of treble,

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #844 of 2,057
  Mids is the smallest difference, only facture and details. Pandory is very good to live vocals and live show. I live listening Kalafina band for this, a better than Shure 940. Treble ot bright for me, but I like a lot of treble,

Thank you for the impressions. Guess my next pair will be the PH IV. I love the Final's mid, glad to hear that the IV has it.

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #845 of 2,057

On this song Pandory IV has more strong, more bold on the contours in the lower piano music and dark background, on Pandora VI lower piano music are smooth and the have sough om treble. Vocal is the same on Pandora IV and VI.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #846 of 2,057
  Thank you for the impressions. Guess my next pair will be the PH IV. I love the Final's mid, glad to hear that the IV has it.

If you find the treble on the IV a bit much then it might be worth trying a pair of VI pads, as pads would appear to play a fair part in shaping the sound of the Pandoras.

I tried some IV pads on my Hope VI and found that the treble and upper mids became more prominent and a FAD Distributor suggested to Dale that VI pads tame the treble a bit on the IV. Although the shallowness of the VI pads does mean you sacfrice some comfort. 

My impressions and a reply from Beagle, who owns both the IV & VI, in case you want to check them out: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696821/reviews-impressions-thread-final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-interesting-dynamic-ba-full-size-headphones/765#post_10917783 

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #847 of 2,057
If you find the treble on the IV a bit much then it might be worth trying a pair of VI pads, as pads would appear to play a fair part in shaping the sound of the Pandoras.

I tried some IV pads on my Hope VI and found that the treble and upper mids became more prominent and a FAD Distributor suggested to Dale that VI pads tame the treble a bit on the IV. Although the shallowness of the VI pads does mean you sacfrice some comfort. 

My impressions and a reply from Beagle, who owns both the IV & VI, in case you want to check them out: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696821/reviews-impressions-thread-final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-interesting-dynamic-ba-full-size-headphones/765#post_10917783 

In my country it is pretty easy to find and try aftermarket pad at the store, so pad changing shouldn't be a problem as long as the SQ satisfy me. BTW I looked at their online store, seems like the VI one is foam-based while the IV is sponge. Now it makes sense why the VI pads tame the treble. I will try to look for them once the IV arrives

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #848 of 2,057
I see on the Jaben Thailand store site that there is an announcement dated 12/25/14 for "PANDORA HOPE Replacement Pad Program" but the rest is in Thai. Being an ugly American, I don't read Thai. I've e-mailed them through their contact form, so I'll see what they have to say.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #849 of 2,057
It is written in the official site that pads of Pandora Hope VI (low-resilience sponge) will be changed to that of IV (standard sponge) after they sold out original "bonus" versions.
But they keep selling both type of pads as replacement parts.
Low-resilience sponge is bit expensive than standard one.
By official photo, low-resilience sponge looks like having wrinkles near the base while standard sponge have no wrinkles there.
My VI bought ten days ago looks like having low-resilience sponge.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #851 of 2,057
Not too sure if I'm interpreting your post correctly Licht?

Are FAD going to be shipping new Hope VI's with the exact same pads as the Hope IV or are they reworking the Hope VI pads (still using same pleather / depth etc.) but filling them with standard foam instead of low-resilience?

I really hope it's the latter as imho the Hope VI sounds nowhere near as good with IV pads fitted 
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #852 of 2,057
trojan2900, the ear pads are sold at the official online shop which is directly linked from FAD official English page.
http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/final/7.1/FI-EPPA/
However, it is written in Japanese only and it says you have to contact by web form or by mail for overseas shipping.
Web form is written in Japanese only as well.
Web inquiry form:
http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/final/1.1/503/

Inquiry mail address:
support@final-audio-design.com

​They are requesting to write following information in your mail:
  1. Name
  2. Mail address
  3. Phone number
  4. Zip code
  5. Address
  6. Your question

The price for pad themselves are, as shown on the first mentioned page, as follows:
    Low-resilience type: 6200 yen (approx. $52)
    Standard type: 5100 yen (approx. $43)
Not sure about tax (maybe 8%VAT included?) and shipping fee.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #853 of 2,057
trojan2900, I wrote the detailed text, but since I'm a novice in this forum, I am not allowed to write URLs and,,, whole my sentence deleted!
In short, it is sold at official online shop but you have to ask by mail for overseas shipping:
support@final-audio-design.com
The online shop is directly linked from FAD official English page, but it is written in Japanese only.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #854 of 2,057
Their online shop is much more expensive than on Amazon, but other than the PH VIII ane X, all of their product are available there including the Pads. I just use google translate on that site, pretty straightforward. But I don't think they ship out of JP though

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #855 of 2,057
jellofund, the former one.
It is written on the official website. Maybe added recently though.
They say, 
>  *As a special bonus, ear pads made from low-resilience sponge have been included with this product.
> This special bonus will revert back to the standard sponge type ear pads when stocks commemorating the release of the product sell out.

Sorry I cannot put link here since I am newcomer and not allowed to write link yet.

They say that the sound of two pads differs as well.
Low-resilience: superior bass reproduction
Standard: superior in terms of the reproduction of clear sound in the medium and high ranges

Users who are viewing this thread

Back