Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #346 of 2,057

Dang. Well here's the official version, just a little more expensive. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B008XHU9ZS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1398013038&sr=8-8

Thanks man.
I was about to buy them but Grizzly mentioned the he560 pads.. Might have to hold off until some impressions 
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #347 of 2,057

Are the Signature DJ a lot bassier? Because I think Signature DJs bass quantity wise is up my alley but I don't think the mids are forward enough for my tastes why I keep looking at these Pandora. =)

Mid-bass impact is greater, sub-bass seems stronger (probably slower decay). The Pandora is really really clean. Mids on the Pandora are definitely forward (more so than the Sig DJs). 

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #349 of 2,057

Yeah. There are really only two genuine flaws here:

1) The pads suck

2) The ear cups slide too easily

That's it. Yes, it's annoying, but I'm willing to get new pads and do a little adjustment on the headband once in a while. Still, they ARE flaws and FAD needs to address them, IMO. 

Trust me its intentionally made by FAD,, just to make sure there's some competition on the market.
:p

On serious note, for the price PHVI might be the best out there. Sure there are some headphones that's better but the price factor will justify it.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #351 of 2,057
I gotta be honest, I don't think there's a huge need to try a hundred different pads. I mean, I've only tried two besides the stock (Shure SRH840 and the Beyers) and I feel like as long as they fit, they're good. The stock pads sounded beautiful, the only issue was that they're shallow, so whatever you can get to create a little distance is ace.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #352 of 2,057
I have it on my ears now. I'm certain the hype will begin from me after burn-in, because on first listen these are outstanding!! So smooth, refined, and oozes clarity!! it's also a very balanced headphone to my ears, but that bass can reach down low when needed. And it has those magical FAD mids like the V. Out of the box I am loving it! I need some burn-in though.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #353 of 2,057
  I have it on my ears now. I'm certain the hype will begin from me after burn-in, because on first listen these are outstanding!! So smooth, refined, and oozes clarity!! it's also a very balanced headphone to my ears, but that bass can reach down low when needed. And it has those magical FAD mids like the V. Out of the box I am loving it! I need some burn-in though.

Yup, I was very surprised at their quality on my initial listen as well... these should be more hyped here on head-fi actually... so HYPE AWAY!!! Not sure why they are not though... Maybe it's because they are not available/distributed everywhere?

I sincerely rate the Pandoras higher than the Alpha Dogs, Shure SRH1540s, Ultrasone Signature Pro's, AKG K551, Yamaha MT220s, even the high priced Beyer T5p's in term of sound signature and reproduction.

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #354 of 2,057

Yup, I was very surprised at their quality on my initial listen as well... these should be more hyped here on head-fi actually... so HYPE AWAY!!! Not sure why they are not though... Maybe it's because they are not available/distributed everywhere?

I sincerely rate the Pandoras higher than the Alpha Dogs, Shure SRH1540s, Ultrasone Signature Pro's, AKG K551, Yamaha MT220s, even the high priced Beyer T5p's in term of sound signature and reproduction.

wow thats way up there. I admit they are worthy.

I saw that new vibro picture so Im kinda hooked otherwise I would get these again. Need an open back though. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #355 of 2,057

beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #356 of 2,057

I think it's because they're hard to find. Pretty much the only way to listen to them in the western hemisphere is to take a chance and order a pair, which isn't a great solution when you're talking about a $700 product. You can audition MOST of the top-end headphones if you're willing to take a bit of a drive, be it Audeze or Denon or Beyer or Hifiman, but quite literally the only place to even BUY these in the western world is IRiver out of California. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #357 of 2,057
PH6 pretty much sets the standard for me at $600. Any new headphone which costs more than $600 would have to beat it and I seriously think of any one which I have heard before right now. And I have heard a lot. The newest competitors would be PM-1 and HE-560. Will be great if someone can compare it with these new cans.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #358 of 2,057
Sherlock, can u give a quick impression of diff between Yamaha 220 n Pandora pls?
This Yamaha kept flashing in my mind:)

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #359 of 2,057
Sherlock, can u give a quick impression of diff between Yamaha 220 n Pandora pls?
This Yamaha kept flashing in my mind:)

Do you mean yamaha mt220?

I used to have that and think its a really good headphone but no match. The pandora bass hits a lot harder, The mids are clearer and cleaner as well as the highs and fuller with a lot less grain. The bass is also tighter and the headphone is faster overall and not to mention easier to drive. The yamaha and pandora have similarities but the pandora is a lot more full in the mids with about the same soundstage size albeit a little deeper but not much wider. Better imaging as well. 

If there was one thing I would want more from the pandora it would be soundstage. They advertise it as having a soundstage as its hallmark but not even. Its the clarity, speed,punch and effortlessness of it that makes it gain notoriety. Its not congested sounding because its so fast and the timbres are genuine with good fidelity. It has enough space to keep it fun but its not a soundstage headphone. A clarity and attack head hp yes!

The yamaha has good attack as well. The bass can be even looser than the Pandora whose bass is tight but with some reverb to it or something. The mids and highs of the pandora are so full and free, you forget that its knocking like a basshead phone and more than the q40 easily.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #360 of 2,057
I think when FAD describes it as a soundstage headphone they mean in terms of closed-back. I haven't found a closed headphone that seems as "big" as these yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back