Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Feb 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #61 of 2,057
Equating the bass with a sledgehammer isn't a bad way to put it haha, at least when the track calls for it. That bass has caused my jaw to drop many times 
basshead.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #62 of 2,057
Discovering the Waterfront by Silverstein is my favourite album of theirs, When Broken Is Easily Fixed is a good one too. Emarosa are a brilliant band, and for slower alternative music give The Appleseed Cast a listen, Two Conversations it their best album.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #64 of 2,057
Man do I want a set of these!! 

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #67 of 2,057
  Discovering the Waterfront by Silverstein is my favourite album of theirs, When Broken Is Easily Fixed is a good one too. Emarosa are a brilliant band, and for slower alternative music give The Appleseed Cast a listen, Two Conversations it their best album.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out!

Hey Akarise, what you think about comparison between PHVI and AD2000X?  
bigsmile_face.gif

I don't have the energy to do an in depth comparison and A/B test at the moment but I'll do my best of the top of my head.

First of all, the AD2000X has a very unique sound signature as it is very mid-centric while the PHVI has a more balanced sound signature, with bass a bit north of neutral. Bass quantity/quality is definitely better on the PHVI, which is expected since it's closed back. Soundstage is significantly wider and deeper on the PHVI, but the AD2000X has a taller soundstage. The PHVI presents the soundstage in a much more natural way, with much better layering and placement of instruments. Imaging is also much better on the PHVI. Each instrument and vocalist is very clearly defined in it's own 3D space while on the AD2000X they seem a bit diffuse in comparison. This is not to say imaging is bad on the AD2000X, but it's just that good on the PHVI. As expected, the AD2000X does have quite a bit more air, being an open back headphone. Overall, I would say that these two headphones are very different and cater to totally different tastes. In my opinion, the PHVI is technically superior in almost every way except in the height of the soundstage and the amount of air its sound has. It is several hundred US dollars more expensive though, so I guess that should be expected.

I'm running my PHVI directly out of my Sabre DAC while the AD2000X is out of the Sabre DAC and E12, just fyi.

If you have any aspects between the two headphones that you want me to compare in further detail, let me know.

+5

I will eventually end up selling things I like to get it. 

I just hear they are a bit bright but I can eq it down. I have also heard the detail is comparable to an a hd800

I'm surprised someone told you that they're bright, as I don't find them to be bright at all. They have a warmer sound signature with a polite and non-fatiguing treble. I haven't heard an HD800, but that's pretty amazing if that's true. The BA certainly provides tons of detail without sounding thin or analytical.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #69 of 2,057
Hi,

Does anybody have found comfortable earpads which also sounds good?
Tried with beyerdynamic, hifiman. They are a lot more comfortable, but the sound have less bass. Not good.
Or did fad give an answer if they produce others?

Chris

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #71 of 2,057
Hey,
Thanks a lot. Works really good.
Not only the earpads are fuller also the sound i fell.:D
What do you think. More body. The bass comes stronger. And the mids and highs are still fine.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #74 of 2,057
Would Alpha pads fit on these?

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #75 of 2,057
"There's no issue of comfort with the Pandora VI per se - i.e. if you keep your head relatively still and upright. If you try to treat it like an ordinary headphone that's much lighter, and move your head rapidly or lean way over, the weight of the Pandora could be bothersome. But don't tilt your head way over or make rapid movements, and it's supremely comfortable."

^ When I asked about the comfort from a future hp seller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back