Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jan 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #16 of 2,057
I do agree that the sound is very good, and the comfort issues I had were overcome with the kitchen paper, also another headband pad could help. But they were on loan so no time to experiment.

Final audio design always come out with something different, I'm also keen to see what they bring out next.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #17 of 2,057
What earpads would be compatible? I'm thinking of changing them with Stax earpads or alpha pads but I'm not very sure if they fits and how to remove the current earpads.

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #18 of 2,057
I didn't manage to see how you get the pads off unfortunately. As they were a loaned sample I didn't want to pull them too much.

I have heard Final Audio Design may be developing new pads for the Pandora...

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #20 of 2,057
New pads is great news! I hope that they're not too expensive and/or that they'll send a free pair to those who bought the Pandora early.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #21 of 2,057
Yeah, that would be great for you guys!

They did pick up on this review, and I was told they may look at making different pads.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #22 of 2,057
I'll look up for those new pads as it would add to a product that is - other than that comfort issue - pure joy :)

PHVI are so easy to drive that you might overlook the source quality but just got a little FiiO E18 and it brings them to another level with a much fuller sound, classical sounds just downright amazing, so does blues oh my :)

Makes you want to get a proper amp for Home, in a few months probably :)
Anyone has a great match (given the low impedance of those headphones a low output impedance is needed) to recommend?

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #23 of 2,057
See what I used for the review, iCan from iFi.

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #25 of 2,057
Very interesting design but I just can't see how a BA can produce enough volume to make a difference without it being inserted into the ear. If I take one of my IEM's and put it on blast just mm from my ear they don't sound very good but I guess FAD has found a way to give there's the volume and heft to be effective.  

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #26 of 2,057
There are BA speakers around actually. So they can make a normal headphone BA driver. Not just for IEM's.

And the BA driver in the Pandora is great.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #27 of 2,057
Went out with it today...
It didn't move much when I walked but tilting your neck up/down will move it because of the weight, but I guess you all know that already. Thicker pad might help, but it's 'good enough' as is (at least for me) for portable use.

The real issue may be isolation, since I don't particularly believe in advertising what I'm listening to.
Nobody gave me annoyed look in the subway, so it may not be that bad...

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #28 of 2,057
They are closed back, so they shouldn't leak too much. Only at high volumes would you have a problem

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #30 of 2,057
So they work well as portable cans?

Don't get many funny looks?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back