Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jun 6, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #574 of 2,057
@moriez how about I pass them on to you(pads) when they come then u can report back

confused_face.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #575 of 2,057
lol

beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #576 of 2,057
We are all family here in this exclusive thread, we can talk...:p
Go n get the SMSL 50 if u are short on coffeetablespace like me, or short on funds like me...
u wont feel that the HE6 is running out of steam,
and it made my LCD2 brilliant, and the D7000 driverpopping great...never heard n felt the excursion of the drivers that way on the d7000..but on the D7000, there is a v low humm...very slight, maybe it is too sensitive..but once the music is on, it is a non issue..for me.)

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #578 of 2,057
So how much are those pads grizzlybeast?

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #579 of 2,057
they sent em to me to try so I dont know. I keep leaving them in the car.

Hey I just wanted to mention some things about these hp's

So this time around I do think that I may have been a bit overzealous about the bass slam. Before on a lot of hip hop songs I had the bass boosted though. I dont know why but these things are very sensitive to bass boost. 

The other thing is that a lot of my poor recordings sound like crap on these. My T50rp mods do better with poor recordings and low quality stuff. I still prefer the T50 mods over them on high quality files as well but only because I like the weightier notes.  These need good music to shine. The source and music can hold them back. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #580 of 2,057

So this time around I do think that I may have been a bit overzealous about the bass slam. Before on a lot of hip hop songs I had the bass boosted though. I dont know why but these things are very sensitive to bass boost. 

The other thing is that a lot of my poor recordings sound like crap on these. My ZMF x Vibros do better with poor recordings and low quality stuff. I still prefer the zxv over them on high quality files as well but only because I like the weightier notes.  These need good music to shine. The source and music can hold them back. 

Vibros or HE-500 grizzlybeast?

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #581 of 2,057

The other thing is that a lot of my poor recordings sound like crap on these. My ZMF x Vibros do better with poor recordings and low quality stuff. I still prefer the zxv over them on high quality files as well but only because I like the weightier notes.  These need good music to shine. The source and music can hold them back. 

Vibros or HE-500 grizzlybeast?

There is a lot to like about all of them and I can't say exactly what's better just what I prefer. I like a denser sound than the 500 but like a more open sound thAn t50mods so I don't know.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #583 of 2,057

There is a lot to like about all of them and I can't say exactly what's better just what I prefer. I like a denser sound than the 500 but like a more open sound thAn t50mods so I don't know.

Guess you haven't found the perfect headphone yet haha

when I power this he6 right I think Ill be close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back