Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jun 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #557 of 2,057
My new piece Yulong D200 especially. The D100 much less so but knowing they're that sensitive chills me out a bit. Are you getting any hiss differences from yours?

About them pads, let us know. They are €50 in Europe.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #558 of 2,057
  My new piece Yulong D200 especially. The D100 much less so but knowing they're that sensitive chills me out a bit. Are you getting any hiss differences from yours?

About them pads, let us know. They are €50 in Europe.

I getting noticeable hiss too from the Vali.. :D
But it's silent from XDA 2

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #559 of 2,057
Supposed to be paired with iPads n iPods :wink:

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #560 of 2,057
The first time I had them i didnt have any hiss. My new pair will be in friday so I will give impressions etc then. I have never seen a closed back rated that sensitive before. That yulong will prob make them hiss.
Quote:
Supposed to be paired with iPads n iPods
wink.gif

+1 

this thing is like its built for no fuss plug and play. get a good dac with a bass boost(if you like that stuff) and you are good to go

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #561 of 2,057
I must be an oddball as I find the stock earpads comfortable. Is there any reason to change the ear pads on the Hop VI if you already find it comfortable? In other words, do any pads make the headphone sound better than the stock pads do?

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #562 of 2,057
  I must be an oddball as I find the stock earpads comfortable. Is there any reason to change the ear pads on the Hop VI if you already find it comfortable? In other words, do any pads make the headphone sound better than the stock pads do?

Nope, no reason at all.

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #564 of 2,057
Just tried the widely recommended brotrade amazon pads --  removed them after about 2 minutes.  I have larger ears, both in 'diameter', and in projection.  When I got the aftermarket pads I put one up to my ear to see how it felt - it was a bigger diameter, so my ear touched it less, but I could feel my pinna sticking "through" the mesh layer.  They are not much deeper than the stock pads.

Sonically, they (the aftermarket pads) messed things up for me. One of the things I really like about the VI's is the "visor of sound" outside the head soundstage they through.  The replacement pads made it more like 2 blobs of sound, one of r each ear, and the centerfill suffered.  Tonality did not really change, but the cohesion of the sound was absolutely ruined.  If I had auditioned the VI's with those pads, I would never have bought them!   

Put back the stock pads and my grin is back.  I am never putting the others back on my VI's.  Maybe it's the specific size and shape of my ears - but the stock pads seem to tune the output really well for my ears.  When i had the other ones attached, if I pushed on the housings to move the drivers a bit closer to my ears, some of the magic came back.  

Damn, I love these things (the VI's, that is)!!!!

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #565 of 2,057
You live in chicago?

^ they are having a meet coming up. It would be cool if you took these there so others could hear them. They are heavily slept on but barely catching wind now. just an idea/thought.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #566 of 2,057
have u tried putting some stuffings under the backend of the newpads to angle it alittle (hopefully to get a more cohesive soundstage)...and add abit more clearance for the earflaps? 

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #568 of 2,057
  @grizzlybeast, decided on selling again before it arrived or what was it? Did you try the IV pads?

Its here.
(pulled the FS thread)
I am just crazy eager to power the he6 correctly right now and forgot about the IV pads. I do feel that I am okay with the ZMFxVibro after comparing them. I am stuck on that hp right now. I'm not saying which is better but what the VI does the he-6 will do and what the others don't do the Vibro covers. I didn't think I would feel that way. 

I dunno...

@Lorspeaker how do you feel the SMSL SA-50 T-amp does with the he-6. I know its random and inapplicable to this thread but is it a permanent or temporary solution for you? that may save the hope VI for now cause I'm dying to try the nuforce dda-100 but would need to sacrifice it to make the he6 work. 

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #569 of 2,057
  Its here.
(pulled the FS thread)
I am just crazy eager to power the he6 correctly right now and forgot about the IV pads. I do feel that I am okay with the ZMFxVibro after comparing them. I am stuck on that hp right now. I'm not saying which is better but what the VI does the he-6 will do and what the others don't do the Vibro covers. I didn't think I would feel that way. 

I dunno...

@Lorspeaker how do you feel the SMSL SA-50 T-amp does with the he-6. I know its random and inapplicable to this thread but is it a permanent or temporary solution for you? that may save the hope VI for now cause I'm dying to try the nuforce dda-100 but would need to sacrifice it to make the he6 work. 

Interested in the SMSL too! Have the HE-500 and I need a speaker amp, that looks good - any opinions

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #570 of 2,057
I just bought a new HE-6 and need an amp to power it. Thank you for the reference to the SMSL SA-50. It sounds like this amp really can drive the HE-6 beautifully and it only costs $70 at Amazon! Wow, I think I am ordering it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back