Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Oct 4, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #9,076 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkimchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason WASAPI lags a bit when starting songs and doesn't have gapless playback with foobar2000.

i "think"

Don't have that problem here. Some config issues with your PC?

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #9,077 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by dario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously I mean phisical disconnection of the board from the DAC board...

The headamp board has plugs going to it that you can disconnect easily enough.

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #9,078 of 9,388
Hi guys,

First time poster
ph34r.gif

I am new to all this audio talk so please excuse the stupid question below
o2smile.gif

Is it possible to use the Zero as a pre-amp for a dedicated power amp (as opposed to a integrated amp), and if so, is it recommended?

I've read the OP, but I assume the Sonic Super T-Amp is an integrated amp?

Thanks for any replies/advice!

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #9,079 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by krnjoejoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

First time poster
ph34r.gif

I am new to all this audio talk so please excuse the stupid question below
o2smile.gif

Is it possible to use the Zero as a pre-amp for a dedicated power amp (as opposed to a integrated amp), and if so, is it recommended?

I've read the OP, but I assume the Sonic Super T-Amp is an integrated amp?

Thanks for any replies/advice!

the Zero has RCA out so yeah you can use any amp that has RCA in. When using it just as a DAC there is a setting so that you bypass the headphone amp part completely so yes you can use it just as a DAC. From reading reviews and actually owning one its supposed to be a pretty good standalone DAC too.

Oct 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #9,081 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkimchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Zero has RCA out so yeah you can use any amp that has RCA in. When using it just as a DAC there is a setting so that you bypass the headphone amp part completely so yes you can use it just as a DAC. From reading reviews and actually owning one its supposed to be a pretty good standalone DAC too.

I use my upgraded zero with a moon hdam with a DV3322 and I am very happy with it as a dac.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #9,083 of 9,388
man its been a while since iv posted, but unfortunately i didnt want this to be my first post back...MY ZERO DAC IS DEAD!!! i have no idea how this happened. Walked away from my comp and came back and even though it was plugged in with the power switch on, all the leds and unit itself shut off. Not sure if theres any way to reset it but i got nothing as of right now.. let it sit for a few days and tried a different power wire and outlet and it still didnt work. if anyone has any ideas let me know it would be greatly appreciated!

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #9,084 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by indianbraker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man its been a while since iv posted, but unfortunately i didnt want this to be my first post back...MY ZERO DAC IS DEAD!!! i have no idea how this happened. Walked away from my comp and came back and even though it was plugged in with the power switch on, all the leds and unit itself shut off. Not sure if theres any way to reset it but i got nothing as of right now.. let it sit for a few days and tried a different power wire and outlet and it still didnt work. if anyone has any ideas let me know it would be greatly appreciated!

Pull the cover off and I am pretty sre there is a reset switch on the main dac board. PM prickley pete he is pretty intimate with the inner working of this amp but there may also be an inline fuse on the main boards that went.

Good Luck

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #9,089 of 9,388
fuse was blown and i found a spare fuse inside near where the fuse was located. pretty sure it was a spare because it wasnt touching anything....just found that the second fuse blew as soon as i put it in guess ill be buying more 250v fuses....

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #9,090 of 9,388
Hi guys !
I've just received 4 OPA627BPs and 2 browndog adapters
L3000.gif

I've put them into my Zero with a dual OPA MOON in the DAC board, and.... WWWOOOOAAAA !!
eek.gif

the sound is clear, the soundstage is amazing and all the frequency range is represented perfectly !
it's a wonderful combination !
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back