Feb 4, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #8,701 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lawrence has them too....

How many hours so far prinz ?

Peete.

I've stopped calculating few days ago
wink.gif

Its hard to say because after c.a 150hrs ive changed few caps to Blackgates, Silmics II ang Nichicon FG. After these changes zero is running about 130h at the moment. I dont have this optical input, so zero can peacefully burn in for couple more days. Next week i'll get toslink ang AKGs so after few hours of listening I'll post my first impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #8,702 of 9,388
My stupid Zero died on me one day...made me so angry. Thing is, I can still kind of hear music but it's very low and barely noticable. There's a lot of hiss as well by just being on. I thought the headamp board might be broken, but outputting via RCA to my cmoy produced the same thing. I guess it's the DAC board then?

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #8,709 of 9,388
That would be hilarious.

One of the cheapest, entry level DAC choices, vs one of the arguably industry standard DAC. Why even bother?

Are you looking for reassurance, hey my Zero is not bad, yay I feel good now feeling? Cause its apples to oranges here.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #8,712 of 9,388
Hmm that's a tough one. I think you will have to sit down and write down pros and cons of your current setup and what your aspired new setup would be. And then figure out how to make that happen. Also depends on if you like Wolfson DACs, or Burr Brown's or AD. A lot to think about.

Can take a look at the Compass option, will be an upgrade for both DAC and Amp for you, and its barely over the cost of a modded Zero.

I personally would upgrade the DAC first if you want to get a SS amp, as DAC seems to me determines how your music will sound the most. But a Tube amp adds obvious distortions. If its tube amp you want, then I would get that and upgrade DAC later.

Feb 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #8,713 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These should have no issues with a Beyer 880 @ 250ohm right?

I have upgraded Zero with HDAM Moon and DT880 Pro - they work perfectly together.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #8,714 of 9,388
ok i've used the "search the thread" function quite a few times but i still need some answers, i'm planning to buy lawrence's version off ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...link:middle:uk )

1) i own a x-fi titanium fatal1ty champion that has digital output in the back (no coax) do i need anything else ? (except the included optical cable)
2) will i still be able to use CMSS3d EAX and hardware audio acceleration in my games ?
3) i currently listen to my music using foobar 2000 + creative asio on audio mode with 2/2.1 speaker settings bit matched playback enabled and 44.1khz master sampling rate, windows main volume is set to 50% and wave volume to 100%, is there anything that should i change when using this dac ?
4) can this dac be used as a headphone amp at the same time too ? 1364T and OPA627 found in lawrence's version are supposed to be adequate for most headphones right ? (i own DT770/80 and audiotechnica A700)
5) should i connect my pa2v2 to the zero dac or should i use the zero dac as a dac AND headphone amp for my dt770's ?(kinda stupid question i think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back