Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Jan 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #1,021 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my #2 has the same thing. I just haven't got around to cleaning it yet. A little Deoxit and it will be over with.
wink.gif
The heavier knob should have no effect on the pot. It sure does make it smoother to operate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Whats Deoxit? Is it the equivalent to WD40 over here in the UK? Like lubricant for cars? It sounds dead gritty and it annoys me!
mad.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #1,022 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats Deoxit? Is it the equivalent to WD40 over here in the UK? Like lubricant for cars? It sounds dead gritty and it annoys me!
mad.gif

It's like a tuner cleaner, with just a tiny bit of lube in it. Most contact cleaners will work if they are friendly to plastic (make sure they are first).
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #1,023 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like a tuner cleaner, with just a tiny bit of lube in it. Most contact cleaners will work if they are friendly to plastic (make sure they are first).
wink.gif

Cheers i will do. Has it got a cheap vol pot in the zero? Thats probably why it does it. At least mine isn't the only one that does.

Jan 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #1,024 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers i will do. Has it got a cheap vol pot in the zero? Thats probably why it does it. At least mine isn't the only one that does.

I hadn't really got a close look at it. I expect it is just a standard pot, which will clean up nicely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #1,025 of 9,388
I need some clarifications on op-amps.

What is the difference between CN8, IN8, ACN8 and which one is the best to use?

For exemple: LT1469, which one of LT1469CN8, LT1469IN8#PBF and LT1469CN8#PBF should one use?

Jan 22, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #1,026 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreas_D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is on the way too...I also ordered some samples from LT( 1 x LT1364, 2 x LT1469, 2 x LT1361) I hope they will send it to me...I'm very curious how will sound my K601 on Zero, I'm already impressed by their sq even unamplified...

I want to ask you something about burn in: is there a time limit for continuously burning in?

LE: I have another question: what differences are between:
LT1361CN8
LT1361CN8#PBF
LT1361CS8
LT1361CS8#PBF

Ah missed your post. Well CS8 is SOIC, so I do not think it's possible to use it without some kind of solder mod.

Jan 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #1,027 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just a standard, non-sealed pot. It may very well be Alps.

Thanks BK, I hadn't had time to pop the top the last couple of days. It should clean up nicely then.
biggrin.gif
I'm glad you like the Zero, it sure had turned out to be the "bang for buck" winner!
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #1,028 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by king756 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you order from Lawence?

I placed my order on 15 Jan so you should of heard something by now.

Just got back word from Lawrence including a beautiful sight, the tracking number. Now . . . more waiting.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #1,029 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got back word from Lawrence including a beautiful sight, the tracking number. Now . . . more waiting.
rolleyes.gif

Yee-hah...I woke up to an email from him with a tracking # this morning too! I'm impressed considering that I didn't order mine until Friday (1/18) afternoon! Much better than I expected!

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #1,030 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yee-hah...I woke up to an email from him with a tracking # this morning too! I'm impressed considering that I didn't order mine until Friday (1/18) afternoon! Much better than I expected!

Excellent! Don't forget to put in your LT requests now, if you had planned too.
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #1,031 of 9,388
Question regarding opamps..
Have received a pair of DY2000, its the metal version including two sockets
q: which foot/pin are supposed to go where...
confused.gif

Have also received a pair of LT1364CN8 (in an hopeless package.. meaning an "letter" with no protection = all the "pins" a bent in all directions..)
But I guess they can still be used.

Jan 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #1,032 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question regarding opamps..
Have received a pair of DY2000, its the metal version including two sockets
q: which foot/pin are supposed to go where...
confused.gif

Have also received a pair of LT1364CN8 (in an hopeless package.. meaning an "letter" with no protection = all the "pins" a bent in all directions..)
But I guess they can still be used.

Look at how the original op amps are, pull one out and replace it with the new one in ths same direction. There is a little white dot on most of them that defines the angle it should be. Just put your in the same way. Hope that helps.

Yeh you should be able to bend the pins back in, just be gentle they may snap off and also you have to be careful not to short them out.

Jan 22, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #1,033 of 9,388
My Zero is apparently dented in the top right corner of the front aluminium panel. It could've been bad postal handling, even if the outer package doesn't show signs of heavy abuse.
confused.gif
Has someone noticed anything similar on theirs?

Jan 23, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #1,034 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an email from Lawrence with tracking number this morning as well. Yay!
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #1,035 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Looknbuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Zero is apparently dented in the top right corner of the front aluminium panel. It could've been bad postal handling, even if the outer package doesn't show signs of heavy abuse.
confused.gif
Has someone noticed anything similar on theirs?

On my first one, there was additional sanding or burr removal on the top right, but it wasn't anything distracting, so I just didn't think too much of it. If your's is bad, you should snap a pic and send it to Lawrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back