Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Jan 15, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #751 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fremen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you compare the stock opa2604, the LM4562 et the OPA627's with your HD280pro? As it is the only decent headphone I have (don't laugh
biggrin.gif
), I was wondering if the differences between those OP's you noticed with your HD-650s where also the same with the HD280pro.
I already have some LM4562's to try but I was wondering about getting some OPA627's before my Zero arrive. I would be glad to have your opinion.

Hi!

I wish I could have, but the time it took to use just one headphone, with all the variables of the Opamps, still took me most of the day. However, I may be able to give you a couple of impressions. Fully broke in HD-280pros are bass heavy. Knowing that, the first Opamp I would want to try would be the LM4562 on the main board. This may be what you are looking for. It would give your headphones more mids and treble, while tightening up the bass area. I would try this before investing in the more expensive 627s. YMMV.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #752 of 9,388
I have wrote two e-mails to Chan Lawrence regarding the payment and shipping and I haven't received an answer yet. I'm a bit worried that when I'm going to get the Zero or if I'm going to get it at all.

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #753 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have wrote two e-mails to Chan Lawrence regarding the payment and shipping and I haven't received an answer yet. I'm a bit worried that when I'm going to get the Zero or if I'm going to get it at all.

Well, I guess I have to eat my words. I looked high and low and can't seem to find what I thought I read. Did you purchase through ebay?

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #755 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by cafe zeenuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those Head Fi'er that have order from Lawrence last couple days, have any of you guys got any info from Lawrence when he is going to ship them out?

I have order my on 11-Jan and i have not heard from him yet I'm getting a bit worrie.

I also am waiting for some email response from Chan. I have transferred the money (e-bay auction) and are waiting for him too ship the Zero.

I'm not in panic mode yet..but one or two more days and I'm not so sure what my state of mind is.. (order date 26.des). Athough have recived my Opamp's which was ordered afther the amp.

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #756 of 9,388
When I saw that there were 6 up for sale on EBay on Jan 2, I emailed Lawrence with a few questions . He said they would be coming in that week or early the next week. With that in mind I pulled the trigger and was first on the list on Jan 2nd. When I hadn't heard after a week I emailed him again and he replied on Jan 11 and said that new stock would be arriving next week. He said he'd let me know when it was sent. I'm a bit disappointed in the till now two week delay from when he initially said they'd be in but hopefully I'll get some confirmation of shipping in the next day or so. He mentioned in the first email that it was first come first served...I hope thats true...I'll let u know if I hear more...

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #757 of 9,388
I went back and reviewed biglawhk's ebay feedback. There is feed back on Jan 11 from a buyer in the same batch of 5 as mine - paid for on Dec 28.

Mine isn't here yet, but no worries. Hopefully soon. Buying stuff from China has a wildly variable delivery time, at least here in Alaska.

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #758 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I saw that there were 6 up for sale on EBay on Jan 2, I emailed Lawrence with a few questions . He said they would be coming in that week or early the next week. With that in mind I pulled the trigger and was first on the list on Jan 2nd. When I hadn't heard after a week I emailed him again and he replied on Jan 11 and said that new stock would be arriving next week. He said he'd let me know when it was sent. I'm a bit disappointed in the till now two week delay from when he initially said they'd be in but hopefully I'll get some confirmation of shipping in the next day or so. He mentioned in the first email that it was first come first served...I hope thats true...I'll let u know if I hear more...

I thought I had read something along these dates.
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #759 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by bada bing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went back and reviewed biglawhk's ebay feedback. There is feed back on Jan 11 from a buyer in the same batch of 5 as mine - paid for on Dec 28.

Mine isn't here yet, but no worries. Hopefully soon. Buying stuff from China has a wildly variable delivery time, at least here in Alaska.

Hey, so your zero have been ship out and not yet received or its not been ship out at all.

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #760 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by bada bing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought mine this day and mine has just arrived today. I hope your turns up soon. I know how frustrating it is waiting in silence.

I can't wait to get this thing run in a bit. I'm amazed at how much better it looks in real life compared to pics. I'm listening to it at the min. The headphone amp seriously needs to burn in a bit first. I'm very happy with it though and i can't wait to hear the changes.

Jan 15, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #761 of 9,388
I didn't bought my unit from eBay, I bought it straight by e-mail from Chan Lawrence. He said to me also that there will be a batch of 50 units and about 30 of them were reserved. And mentioned the "first come first serve" sentence.

Fortunately I paid with PayPal so if the deal fells through I won't lose money.

Jan 15, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #762 of 9,388
Quote:

I didn't bought my unit from eBay, I bought it straight by e-mail from Chan Lawrence. He said to me also that there will be a batch of 50 units and about 30 of them were reserved. And mentioned the "first come first serve" sentence.

Ok, good. Then I would guess you were in the batch due out this week or early next week? Sure hope so.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #764 of 9,388
Quote:

Thats how i bought mine through paypal, not ebay. It should be fine. I was told the same thing. I just had to wait. I think he's selling these things faster than he can get hold/make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back