Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Aug 19, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #5,311 of 9,388
Still waiting for mine here in NYC... I never got a tracking number or anything so I have NO IDEA what to expect... everything else I've ordered from China has come USPS so I have no idea how long this will take - but with all these early reports I'm just DYING to hear these things! Thinking I'm going to start with the Sun since more here have experience with the Earth (and original HDAM which as I understand is the same as Earth...). If this does what I'm hoping, I'll be one happy music fiend!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #5,313 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by alxwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These 4:
02.jpg

Ah I see. Thanks Alex. Might be worthwhile upgrading these with better quality voltage regulators. It' something I've been looking into but the shunt regulator modules are 47 US a pop...
frown.gif
A better quality part though is easily affordable and might be very very worthwhile for the H/Amp section. I don't know what the voltage specs are but thats easy enough to find out with a cheap meter...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going to look into this after the current project is completed so I'll revisit this topic at a later date...or you can take the lead on this one Alex
smily_headphones1.gif
This is an equal opportunity contribution around these parts (pun intended)
biggrin.gif

Either way what might be your suggestions with regards those parts Alex ?

Peete.

PS I keep popping in and out today...so I can check the board every few hours
smily_headphones1.gif
Yes I do have a life but this is more fun
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #5,314 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for mine here in NYC... I never got a tracking number or anything so I have NO IDEA what to expect... everything else I've ordered from China has come USPS so I have no idea how long this will take - but with all these early reports I'm just DYING to hear these things! Thinking I'm going to start with the Sun since more here have experience with the Earth (and original HDAM which as I understand is the same as Earth...). If this does what I'm hoping, I'll be one happy music fiend!
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here...no shipping notice or tracking number yet (bought them last Sunday). I don't expect any news for a few more days anyway since Kingwa is off for a few days ( I think I read that somewhere...I don't recall where).

I'm not worried about it though...they'll get here when they get here ...

Gotta go again...see ya later fellow Zero freaks
biggrin.gif

Peete

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #5,315 of 9,388
I ordered mine on the Sunday. He sent me an email saying the HDAMs had been sent on the Wednesday. They arrived on the following Monday by TNT transport courier.

Seeing they were delivered by courier, someone needs to be home to sign for them as well.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #5,316 of 9,388
Hey Ned that's good to hear.....what part of the world is Byron Bay in again ? Sorry if you answered this already earlier.

Peete.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #5,317 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here...no shipping notice or tracking number yet (bought them last Sunday). I don't expect any news for a few more days anyway since Kingwa is off for a few days ( I think I read that somewhere...I don't recall where).

I'm not worried about it though...they'll get here when they get here ...

I bought mine this Friday just gone(15th). Not received any tracking details yet. After his email yesterday regarding the "TommyLee" character, I responded by asking if he knew when they would ship. Not heard anything back yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn didn't see your answer AudioPhewl sorry
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like a good idea.
I will try that again tomorrow if I am able to persuade my friend to give me his solder tools again
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you sort it, matrix200?

~Phewl.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #5,319 of 9,388
Why isn't there an "Easy" button with this stuff ?
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #5,320 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeBuLLeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those that didn't get a tracking number, just ask anyone from audio-gd and they will give you the tracking number. I got it 10 minutes within asking.

Doh...it's that easy ? (slaps head)
redface.gif

Peete.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #5,321 of 9,388
I wonder if I can hit 1000 posts by Thursday ?

A double celebration would be cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Just sent and inquiry off to Audio-GD. The delay on mine might be the 4 extension cables I asked and paid for. Like the one Lawrence makes but shorter...that could be why I haven't heard anything yet. Then again they may have shipped already..never know unless you ask
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #5,322 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why isn't there an "Easy" button with this stuff ?
biggrin.gif

Peete.

When you find one, please mail me the code. I'll try installing it on a couple of women.
smily_headphones1.gif

Carry on posting three posts in succession and you'll hit 1k in no time
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

~Phewl.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #5,324 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you find one, please mail me the code. I'll try installing it on a couple of women.
smily_headphones1.gif

Carry on posting three posts in succession and you'll hit 1k in no time
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

~Phewl.

They have an easy button already...it's getting to it that is the hard part
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rural Australia [Most easterly point of Australia].

Thanks Ned, I was going to say Australia but thought I'd ask. That has a bearing on postage speed since your in the same part of the world. Should only add a couple days though for us on the other side of the dirt ball...

Must be a nice place Ned...I'll mapquest it...would like to see the GBR before I buy the farm ...plus Aussie's like to drink beer as much as us Canuckleheads
smily_headphones1.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Peete.

PS Every time I see the beer chug smilie I want a beer...must be a subliminal message in there
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back