[REVIEW] Vsonic GR07: Yes, I Have Finally Reviewed It ;)
Jul 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #31 of 51
Quote:
My Pleasure, i hope it will help you to find what your looking for in a IEM!

after I decide to part from my CKM500, I'm still searching now :)... there's a cheap used GR07 in my local forum... but looks like R50 may suite me better... But I am patient... not much fund for me to spend...

the one that will come to me first is JVC-FXC80 (not mistyped... not FXD80)... listen to my friend's, IMO this one is really bang for the bucks for cheap analytical micro driver phone... not much loved/attention here, maybe because of the lack of bass on it... but classical music sounds really good to my ears...

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #32 of 51
Quote:
Errm i can but it makes it really pixelated. I think if you click on it, it will enlarge!

And thanks a lot!

when I click it... unfortunately only 30% bigger... which is still unreadable....

if yo don't mind I'll PM you my email, and could you send a bigger copy for me..?

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

after I decide to part from my CKM500, I'm still searching now :)... there's a cheap used GR07 in my local forum... but looks like R50 may suite me better... But I am patient... not much fund for me to spend...

the one that will come to me first is JVC-FXC80 (not mistyped... not FXD80)... listen to my friend's, IMO this one is really bang for the bucks for cheap analytical micro driver phone... not much loved/attention here, maybe because of the lack of bass on it... but classical music sounds really good to my ears...

Okay understandable, as long as your enjoying the CKM500 i guess there is no rush!

Oh really, i am surprised donuts has not hyped about it yet, maybe let him know it is very good!

Oh and PM'ed!

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #34 of 51
Good read. After buying the GR06 and GR02 BE, which i'm very satisfied with, i'm also very interested in the GR07. And yeah, your review is a bit different than other reviews i've read, but one thing that's the same is the mention of sibilance. I hope that's not too big of an issue.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #35 of 51
Quote:
Good read. After buying the GR06 and GR02 BE, which i'm very satisfied with, i'm also very interested in the GR07. And yeah, your review is a bit different than other reviews i've read, but one thing that's the same is the mention of sibilance. I hope that's not too big of an issue.

Glad you liked it! Yeh, mine is a bit different to others but people will hear things differently of course. I actually preferred the signature of the GR06 and enjoyed its amazing mids and looser bass more than these overall but these are technically much better with no glaring faults to worry about. The sibilance does not turn up to often really and will not bother you unless your very sensitive to sibilance. And if you are the new GR07 MK2 with more silver in the cable is meant to offer no sibilance.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #37 of 51
Quote:
Glad you liked it! Yeh, mine is a bit different to others but people will hear things differently of course. I actually preferred the signature of the GR06 and enjoyed its amazing mids and looser bass more than these overall but these are technically much better with no glaring faults to worry about. The sibilance does not turn up to often really and will not bother you unless your very sensitive to sibilance. And if you are the new GR07 MK2 with more silver in the cable is meant to offer no sibilance.

Yeah, in the end it's an opinion. But I agree with a lot of stuff of what you said in the GR06 review, especially the bass. It's a bit "loose/flabby/boomy" etc., but not CX300 boomy, it's still good bass the GR06 produces. I think someone said he preferred CX300 over the GR06. I actually tried the CX300 again, which was the first iem I purchased 6 years ago and yeah, there's no contest.

I was actually about to buy the old GR07 a few days ago, since it was on sale. Luckily I didn't since it was the weird dark grey/greenish colour only. And yeah, the silver is supposed to reduce the sibilance in MK2. So I will wait for some reviews and will probaby buy it later.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #38 of 51
Silver tends to increase highs. It could change it for the better depending on how it compares to what was used before but it's not the 'more' that will make it better. That's marketing. Could be a smoother amalgam or different plating etc. Does anyone think they would specifically be addressing the sibilance if it didn't have a note worthy amount?

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #39 of 51

Quote:
Who made that LOD, looks beefy! 

I have been asked that before. Its a Crossroad ED1 from Jaben. Shoot them an email, they may be able to sell you one! It is very nice and solid and sounds better than the Fiio i had. Rather annoyed actually as i have just got a silver one made for me by an individual head-fier and it had already broke.
Quote:

Yeah, in the end it's an opinion. But I agree with a lot of stuff of what you said in the GR06 review, especially the bass. It's a bit "loose/flabby/boomy" etc., but not CX300 boomy, it's still good bass the GR06 produces. I think someone said he preferred CX300 over the GR06. I actually tried the CX300 again, which was the first iem I purchased 6 years ago and yeah, there's no contest.

I was actually about to buy the old GR07 a few days ago, since it was on sale. Luckily I didn't since it was the weird dark grey/greenish colour only. And yeah, the silver is supposed to reduce the sibilance in MK2. So I will wait for some reviews and will probaby buy it later.

Exactly and how i interpret what i am hearing with the source and amp i am using. Yes, that was exactly how i heard it, it was loose while being enjoyable and still giving good impact and not flooding the mids at all. Yeh i have a old CX299 some were and also a heard plenty of CX300s and there is no contest at all.

Oh on sale the value would be even better! They have got weird colours and it is something i picked up on in my reviews but does it really matter thats what i think. I am really looking forward to what Kiteki has to say about the M2 as he has one ordered. Jopefully it benefits more than sibilance!

Quote:
Silver tends to increase highs. It could change it for the better depending on how it compares to what was used before but it's not the 'more' that will make it better. That's marketing. Could be a smoother amalgam or different plating etc. Does anyone think they would specifically be addressing the sibilance if it didn't have a note worthy amount?

I do not know and i hoping they have to more stuff to worth it a MK2. I also agree as although sibilance was present, it was not bad. But at them moment, until impressions surface thats all we can really go by. I can not wait until we here comments on it!

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #40 of 51

Hay Tiger! So what did you think of the gr06?
I personally don't find the 07 sibilant, if its in the track it will show it. Its also said the effect of this decreases or disappears after 200 hours or so, mine were already used when I got them so I've not seen any change. No idea electrically how silver will help sibilance....silver is a better conductor than copper, the mk1 is silver cable as well...are they saying there is more in the mk2?

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:
Hay Tiger! So what did you think of the gr06?
I personally don't find the 07 sibilant, if its in the track it will show it. Its also said the effect of this decreases or disappears after 200 hours or so, mine were already used when I got them so I've not seen any change. No idea electrically how silver will help sibilance....silver is a better conductor than copper, the mk1 is silver cable as well...are they saying there is more in the mk2?

I like the GR06, another great recommendation :) I found them to be good just out of the box, after 100+hrs burn-in they were great.
I'm personally not a fan on mid-centric iem's, but I find the GR06 very acceptable, vocal distance, mids etc.. I like the treble, better than the PA's, there's more bass too, but a different kind of bass, can sound great or less great, depending on the track, it's a bit more picky than the PA's imo. But overall, I think it's a great iem. It's really hard to compare it to the PA's, since their sound signature are so different. But yeah, they are nothing like the XSR's, which are just terrible. I have been using the GR06 non-stop since I got them, so they have pretty much replaced my PA's. But I won't sell them, the PA's one of the best iem I own. But damn, I already want the GR07. Wallet am cry...

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #42 of 51
I like the GR06, another great recommendation :) I found them to be good just out of the box, after 100+hrs burn-in they were great.
I'm personally not a fan on mid-centric iem's, but I find the GR06 very acceptable, vocal distance, mids etc.. I like the treble, better than the PA's, there's more bass too, but a different kind of bass, can sound great or less great, depending on the track, it's a bit more picky than the PA's imo. But overall, I think it's a great iem. It's really hard to compare it to the PA's, since their sound signature are so different. But yeah, they are nothing like the XSR's, which are just terrible. I have been using the GR06 non-stop since I got them, so they have pretty much replaced my PA's. But I won't sell them, the PA's one of the best iem I own. But damn, I already want the GR07. Wallet am cry...

Personally I can't recommend them enough, I really love the GR07...I think you'd love them. I also liked the Phonaks (tops to Sonny for lending them), thought they had a similar sig just didn't extend quite as far. As far as your wallet goes, you could always sell the 06 on, they're in short supply! :)

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #44 of 51
Quote:
Personally I can't recommend them enough, I really love the GR07...I think you'd love them. I also liked the Phonaks (tops to Sonny for lending them), thought they had a similar sig just didn't extend quite as far. As far as your wallet goes, you could always sell the 06 on, they're in short supply!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've heard and read great things about the Phonaks too. And I was thinking of selling the GR06 to get the GR07. So what do you think of the GR07 compared to the 06? Are they comparable, with the GR07 besting the 06 on all fronts? Or are there certain things the GR06 does better?

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #45 of 51
I've ordered the Fischer Audio, Eterna, hoping to order the GR07 soon. Hopefully get to test how each sound. 

The V1 or V2? They are quite different, do you use EQ? You may find the high end somewhat lacking on the Eterna without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back