Review: VSonic GR07 - Dynamic Monitors? Check!
Jul 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #91 of 116

Quote:
i was to buy the vsonic GR07 but dont exist on sell in europe (im from Portugal). the hifiman re-262 have a sound like vsonic? can you recommend other IEM like vsonic to 220€?
thanks

I Live in Belgium and I bought one from Ebay seller lendmeurears.com. I think he is one of the official distributor. You should easily find him...

edit: oh, and with euro / $ actual rate, the price was 115 € delivery included :)

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #92 of 116

Quote:
I Live in Belgium and I bought one from Ebay seller lendmeurears.com. I think he is one of the official distributor. You should easily find him...

edit: oh, and with euro / $ actual rate, the price was 115 € delivery included :)

my fear are the customs. i dont know how is in your country but here in Portugal something with that cost will sure end on customs. you combine something with lendmeurears to avoid customs?

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #94 of 116
I was probably really sleepy when I wrote that reply and wasn't clear. I think I was just trying to compare it to other monitoring IEMs, and wanted to use the UM3x as an example, and the K2 popped into my head as something with a monitoring sound. But no, I haven't heard it. Outside of Japan, there are very few people who've actually heard the K2, I'm assuming.

Quote:

Have you heard the J-Phonic K2 SP?

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #95 of 116

It's ok I was just curious if you had heard the GR07 and K2 SP, I haven't heard either yet btw.

Quote:
I was probably really sleepy when I wrote that reply and wasn't clear. I think I was just trying to compare it to other monitoring IEMs, and wanted to use the UM3x as an example, and the K2 popped into my head as something with a monitoring sound. But no, I haven't heard it. Outside of Japan, there are very few people who've actually heard the K2, I'm assuming.

Lol I think you're right, I just did a google search, and the third result is my head-fi user profile..? and I haven't even heard them yet Lol... 10 days to go.

btw apparently they cost around $480 USD in Japan, I can only see musicians and a niche group of IEM collectors paying that price for a dual-driver IEM.

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #96 of 116

Quote:

It's ok I was just curious if you had heard the GR07 and K2 SP, I haven't heard either yet btw.

Lol I think you're right, I just did a google search, and the third result is my head-fi user profile..? and I haven't even heard them yet Lol... 10 days to go.

btw apparently they cost around $480 USD in Japan, I can only see musicians and a niche group of IEM collectors paying that price for a dual-driver IEM.

IIRC Joker agreed that the K2 SP was an upgrade from the GR07 for those seeking the same type of sound signature.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #98 of 116

Quote:
IIRC Joker agreed that the K2 SP was an upgrade from the GR07 for those seeking the same type of sound signature.

I thought that was ClieOS? Joker too?

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #99 of 116
have they come out with the grey and champagne versions yet? (GR-07)

i see myself getting these at some point soon as an upgrade to my Brainwavz M3's which i use for everything and watching movies on my laptop when im away from home.

to IjokerI...would you recommend these for movies and gaming compared to the M3's? what about jogging?

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #100 of 116

Quote:
my fear are the customs. i dont know how is in your country but here in Portugal something with that cost will sure end on customs. you combine something with lendmeurears to avoid customs?

It went through the customs without problem as the box was light.. I think that they thought it was socks or panties and didn't even bother. So I didn't have to pay anything. But I don't know how it works in Portugal. I think that worst case you'll just have to add the local tax or the handling fee if it goes through it. But I really doubt that it will double the price, you should check forums via google about customs in your country, I found info for Belgium there.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #101 of 116

Quote:
I remember Joker mentioning that he wasn't getting a sample for review, but other than that I am not sure he has heard the K2 SP. IIRC, clieOS mentioned that K2 is an upgrade to GR07. I don't think there are many owners apart from those mentioned here.

This is correct. I've never heard the K2.

Quote:
to IjokerI...would you recommend these for movies and gaming compared to the M3's? what about jogging?

I don't really test IEMs with games but I suppose the GR07 would do as well as any other... it's got a soundstage and good presence across the range. Not sure what else you really need.

For jogging you would need to use the cable cinch or cable guides - otherwise the cable will probably pop out. An aftermarket shirt clip may help as they aren't quite 100% free of cable noise. You'll probably still hear your footsteps, too.

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #102 of 116
The K2 SP is the last upgrade you can do in the universal iem world. Best construction and sound.

I've had the Westone 4, j-phonic K2 SP  (apple red) and the ES SM3 for review (videos in portuguese). The K2 SP performed best and the SM3 was the funniest. W4 has a different presentation, I didn't like them so much as the others.

(wrong thread, sorry) 

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #103 of 116
TMMC have you heard the GR07 as well as the K2 SP, or just the K2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back