Review: VSonic GR07 - Dynamic Monitors? Check!
Jul 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #76 of 116
A message for guys interested in finding the best sounding tips for VSonic GR07 :

Had tested today the following options :

Comply Foam T200
Stock gray Foam
Sony Hybrid (Fake)
Stock Biflages.

Before 250 hours burn in, I like foam tips. These tame highs , especially Comply foam. Roll them off and make the sibilance less prominent. BUT, these also kill lots of detail and the overall sound signature change noticeably, the 6 khz peak moves to 4.5 khz region, making them sound Sennheiser-like (HD 600)... Comply are softer and better build compared to stock gray foam, but If stock fit your ear chanel, It's not necessary running for comply (and spending extra 20$). Use stock with no regret.

After 250 hours burn In , I do prefer silicon tips , both Sony's and stock biflages. Sony are softer somehow, more comfy, biflages better isolate, but not foam-grade isolation of course. Sound-wise these bring all the detail out, no more roll-of highs.. You get what you had paid fore -> studio reference monitors. More BeyerDynamic-like, but no 9 khz peaks.

Unfortunately had no chance trying Monster tips... Based on their construction, these must be the sweet spot

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #78 of 116
It seems that the ear hooks you show in your video are different from what clieos and joker have in their review! They look more like the generic i got with the SM pl30 which actually suck!
eek.gif

I hope this doesnt make the over the ear fit with the ear guides useless.

Jul 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #79 of 116

Quote:
I really want to thanks everybody for their comments here, and especially to Joker and Clieos, both reviewers I read most.

I just received my GR07 so I won't comment about it's sound yet.

But I can drop my sand grain to other users, sharing my unboxing of the earphone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4D59kd7zM

Thank you very much,

Cheers, glad the review was useful!

Quote:
It seems that the ear hooks you show in your video are different from what clieos and joker have in their review! They look more like the generic i got with the SM pl30 which actually suck!
eek.gif

I think there was a post a while back saying that VSonic would change the earhooks and carrying case. Glad they kept the case though.

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #80 of 116
My earhooks are the old ones and I have to say will they don't look like much they sure do the trick. I will be interested to hear if the new ones are good or not. They look more ergonomic but looks can be deceiving.

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #81 of 116

Quote:
eek.gif

Yes, mine is different from what we find in older pictures. I prefer these over the SM PL30 ones they are smaller and better overall.

I have an SM PL30 unboxing too, you can watch it to see if we are talking about the same earhooks.

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #83 of 116
To a lot of people the RE262 is at the same level as the GR07, myself included. They're both extremely good dynamic IEMs for their price bracket and really don't do anything wrong. The RE262 is a little smoother overall and a little more "n-shaped" (opposite of V-shaped), in that it has thicker, sweeter mids at the loss of some bass and treble "oomph". The GR07 is a little more detailed and crispier overall, but has a little bit of treble sibilance that some people don't like. Which one you prefer is up to your ears.

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #85 of 116

Quote:
i was to buy the vsonic GR07 but dont exist on sell in europe (im from Portugal). the hifiman re-262 have a sound like vsonic? can you recommend other IEM like vsonic to 220€?
thanks

It doesn't "exist" in the US, either. You'd have to import it from Asia like everyone else does. Lendmeurears.com is an authorized dealer but I'm not sure they have the GR07 in stock at the moment. Also not sure what an EX600 costs in Europe but that's another option if you don't need much isolation and don't mind the silly form factor.

Quote:
can we said that GR07 is closer to TF10 than RE262?

Keeping in mind that it's not particularly similar to either - sure, why not.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #86 of 116
so hifiman re-262 have sound similar like vsonic or not? im a bit confused. xD

i will use them on street/bus/train so isolation is a bit important joker.

will be shure se215 a good option to vsonic gr07 ?

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #87 of 116
To clarify for joker, the GR07 sounds more like the TF10 than the RE262. However, to be more accurate, none of these three IEMs really sound like each other. They have different sound signatures. IEMs that sound most like the GR07 would probably be the Sensaphonics K2 SP or Westone UM3X, but with a dynamic driver slant. It also isn't voiced as closely as the UM3X.

I don't know how well the RE262 isolates, but the GR07 isolates decently for a vented IEM, although a fully sealed IEM would be more isolating.

The SE215 would be a nice, cheaper, more fun alternative to the GR07, but it won't be nearly as detailed, controlled, or refined.

Quote:

Jul 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #88 of 116

Quote:

RE262 has pretty good isolation, especially when worn over-the-ear with the bi-flange tips. The sound signature is not similar to the VSonics but the overall quality of the sound is about on-par.

The SE215 is not in the same league as any of these other ones.

Jul 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #90 of 116

Quote:
and what you think about shure se425? i can buy them for 170€. have good sound quality?

Never heard the SE425 but I don't think the SE535 is anything but a sidestep from the GR07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back