Review: VSonic GR07 - Dynamic Monitors? Check!
Apr 19, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #31 of 116
So umm, Joker.  I assume there is a score brewing?  
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #32 of 116
So umm, Joker.  I assume there is a score brewing?  
biggrin.gif

Isn't there always? :p I think I gave an estimate on the previous page.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #33 of 116

Quote:
Are you going to carry the new version of GR07? Saw you put a gray GR07 picture on the website and I am wondering when these new colors will be available.

Hi,Yes, I am gonna carry the new versions of GR07 but haven gotten a concrete date for other colours yet.  Currently only in black. Sorry for the misleading picture. Have changed it. :)

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #34 of 116

Quote:
As tempting as the GR07 is I think the FX700 might have my name on it eventually.  Not sure the two could coexist in my stable.  Great review as always btw!

At least to my ears, GR07 can co-exist with FX700. Both can handle vast array of genres well and neither are boring.

Shortly, GR07 does everything 'right', FX700 does everything 'bright' - more bass quantity, more warmth, more treble emphasis, more spacious sound stage, better timbre and a slight bit more aggressive in presenting details.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #35 of 116
^ More impressions on these I read, the more I kind of want to check them out.  Though it seems like it may lack a certain sonic character or flavor...(kind of seems like the slightly less sophisticated/polished, dynamic version of the W4 maybe?), which is what I find kind of the fun part with earphones, just my personal preferences, of course.

Wish the rumored (pending/tba/soon to be????) 272's would get released or officially announced soon so I would be able to decide... definitely likely that it should be between these two for my next dynamic IEM purchase in the horizon.

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #36 of 116
At least to my ears, GR07 can co-exist with FX700. Both can handle vast array of genres well and neither are boring.

Shortly, GR07 does everything 'right', FX700 does everything 'bright' - more bass quantity, more warmth, more treble emphasis, more spacious sound stage, better timbre and a slight bit more aggressive in presenting details.

Good to know as I was wondering the same thing.. I've got the PR401 and its logical upgrade path seems to be the FX700.. does the improved sound quality justify the price difference is my million dollar (or more accurately, $380) question.. I'm immensely enjoying the PR401 at the moment.

The FX700 is very interesting to me as it seems to be one of, if not the best, DDs out there when it comes to balance, soundstage, detail, instrument separation, accuracy, and timbre (things I most highly value).. but I'm quite content with how my current stable of IEMs do those things (especially the GR07, DBA, SB, & PR401).

So, the FX700 sound quality is of little question to me.. is the price worth it when going from a GR07 & PR401.. as esanthosh said, the GR07 gets so much right when it comes to balance, I'm hesitant to fork out for the 700.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #37 of 116
Quote:
So, the FX700 sound quality is of little question to me.. is the price worth it when going from a GR07 & PR401.. as esanthosh said, the GR07 gets so much right when it comes to balance, I'm hesitant to fork out for the 700.

Once you get into the realm of very good universals, there are going to be only marginal differences. IMHO, no IEM in that range absolutely, mercilessly destroys another. The differences become marked because of individual preferences and expectations (think SM3, which could become "weird" or "charming" depending on which side you end up
wink.gif
).

As a personal benchmark, once you cross RE0/RE-ZERO level, you are crossing into the territory of diminishing returns. The diminishing value becomes much more pronounced once you get close to the $200 mark. At that point, you are paying for the 'luxury' of getting your preferred signature or something that would complement your collection rather than looking at value for money. Much like I think of RE0 at $80, I think GR07 is a reference point for VFM around the $150 mark. You won't nearly be getting anywhere close to 2X the GR07 SQ or 4X PR401 SQ with FX700, but I don't think you'll regret paying for FX700 either.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #38 of 116
I think I must get these things.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #39 of 116
Quote:
Didn't mean to cause that. After all, you don't need a $155 IEM, you have the FX700s.

Well, not anymore - I sold them and got e-Q5. Once I will have the money, I will probably get the FX700 again first and then I will go with the GR07, but the new RE272 may also interest me.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #40 of 116

Quote:

Well, not anymore - I sold them and got e-Q5. Once I will have the money, I will probably get the FX700 again first and then I will go with the GR07, but the new RE272 may also interest me.

Haha, seems we think a like my friend and fellow pianist too... Nice.

Been also tempted at the the W4 as well, but I don't know, for some reason price and gut feeling is telling me to hold on, at least for now.  I think I'm more of dynamic or dynamic "ish" sounding type of guy, any way.  Wish the 272 would get released soon.  Or at least some news about them.  A 252/262 hybrid, which I once read is what they are attempting to be sounds too good to be true.  Either the GR07 or the 272 will probably be my next "date" with a dynamic pair though (EX1000...Yes you look great and I know you're out there too, but baby... you're too expensive and high maintenance for me with all your clingy attitude and louis vuitton/gucci obsessions, I kid, I kid...)

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #42 of 116
I can almost say for certain that the GR07s sibilance will resolve with burn-in considering other reports. CKM99 may have similar results as well. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #43 of 116
i know this , because i am chinese and it is the best chinese maked earphone ever ,,btw where did you bought that?
i know they make an other flagship product , i think it is the old one

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #44 of 116
App 300hrs on the GR07 and the sibilance is still there (maybe slighly improved?) But I still here all the sharp sssssss if the song has it. I feel there is a peak somewhere around 8k.

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #45 of 116
Try lower your volume if you listen to GR07 semi-loud. It is meant to listen at low to normal volume where the upper vocal can give a bit more detail. But once it is set too loud, it will sound like sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back