Review: VSonic GR07 - Dynamic Monitors? Check!
Apr 16, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #16 of 116
For quality control, I think VSONIC uses a different way of manufacturing. All the GR07 are hand assembled by only a small number of the skillful workers in factory, then tested individually on a dummy head for channel balance and such before any packaging. Basically it is not a mass production product for VSONIC. I guess we have something to do on pushing the demand up :p

Apr 16, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #18 of 116
Well, they sell on the website and say nothing about stock but also sell online and say numerous available but delivery in May.  Maybe it just takes that many weeks to ship.  I don't know.  Maybe it's made on demand.  I'm not sure the specifics, but the eBay listing that they sell through says it's a 3 to 4 week wait for whatever reason which is unusual for something that's "in stock."  The eBay listing is Lendmeurears and shows that there are more than 10 available meaning the 3 to 4 week wait is purely shipping.  This is long by any standard and almost points to ship as the shipping method which is insanely slow but super cheap but also not something that anyone would use for small scale shipments.  Any regular mail service should be one to two weeks tops.  I just wonder if VSONIC doesn't produce one until the order has been placed.

As for the VSONIC vs DBA-02, I say just try both out and just see what you like better.  There's no reason to cancel unless you know one or the other is a better fit for you.

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #19 of 116
Hi,

First of all, thanks joker for the great review!

Second, I am the owner of lendmeurears here. We are in stock at the moment. I know the delivery timing is long. To the US it used to be only 6-8 working days. But there are new regulations from US that states that all mails have to be scanned and this had resulted in the delivery time to be lengthened to 10-12 working days now. We are definitely looking at offering better shipping services but it will take some time as we haven't find one that provides shorter shipping time without having the customer pay for a higher cost for shipping. Hope that clarifies. Cheers.

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #20 of 116

Quote:
Second, I am the owner of lendmeurears here. We are in stock at the moment. I know the delivery timing is long.

Are you going to carry the new version of GR07? Saw you put a gray GR07 picture on the website and I am wondering when these new colors will be available.

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #21 of 116
Hi,

First of all, thanks joker for the great review!

Second, I am the owner of lendmeurears here. We are in stock at the moment. I know the delivery timing is long. To the US it used to be only 6-8 working days. But there are new regulations from US that states that all mails have to be scanned and this had resulted in the delivery time to be lengthened to 10-12 working days now. We are definitely looking at offering better shipping services but it will take some time as we haven't find one that provides shorter shipping time without having the customer pay for a higher cost for shipping. Hope that clarifies. Cheers.

What is the shipping time to Canada? Is it still 6-8 days since we don't have the new US regulations?

Thanks!

mvw2, thanks for the suggestion!

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #22 of 116
In the process of reducing your chances of going bankrupt, I'm sure this review has increased the chance of many others like myself of going bankrupt
biggrin.gif

This has been on my purchase list for some time now. Sort of split between buying this or a pair of spanking K701s

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #24 of 116

Quote:
What is the shipping time to Canada? Is it still 6-8 days since we don't have the new US regulations?

Thanks!

mvw2, thanks for the suggestion!

Mine shipped on April 2nd (yes, on a Saturday!), got them on April 10th.

Ordered on March 29th.

Customs slip did state true value (150$), but apparently Canadian customs don't care...

Overall, seems faster than getting stuff from Hong Kong.

As I stated in the other GR07 thread, I really like those earphones.  Focus on any part of the sound, and you hear all the details.  Just zone out and enjoy the music... and you can (which I couldn't with the RE-0). Totally effortless, and I haven't even burned them in much yet.

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #25 of 116
Can anyone compare the bass and treble on these to other IEM's such as SM3, SE215, MTPC, Radius DDM?

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #26 of 116
Can anyone compare VSonic GR07 to Audio-Technika ATH-M50. I have the ATH-M50, and I want to buy an IEM.

Here is what I don't like in ATH-M50:
 - mids are recessed (V-shaped frequency response)
 - it's quite boring
 - artificial sound (often)
(this is my opinion, I'm sure most of you don't agree with me).

I'm looking for an IEM with
 - more natural sound
 - more fun (= not boring)
 - balanced (none of the frequencies should be recessed), mids can be slightly emphasized
 - full-bodied
 - very good detail 
 - clear sound (ATH-M50 is quite clear too)

Is GR07 the IEM I'm looking for?

Electronics: Audio-GD DAC19MK3, Cyrus 6vs2 (integrated amplifier with built-in headphone amp)

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #28 of 116

Quote:
Can anyone compare the bass and treble on these to other IEM's such as SM3, SE215, MTPC, Radius DDM?

The GR07 is more balanced than any of these except the SE215, which I know nothing about. It has less bass than the SM3/DDM/MTPC (though only by a hair compared to the SM3) and more treble than all but the Coppers. I think the bass of the SM3 is a bit more detailed as well but the GR07 definitely competes well with the others.

Quote:
Can anyone compare VSonic GR07 to Audio-Technika ATH-M50. I have the ATH-M50, and I want to buy an IEM.

Here is what I don't like in ATH-M50:
 - mids are recessed (V-shaped frequency response)
 - it's quite boring
 - artificial sound (often)
(this is my opinion, I'm sure most of you don't agree with me).

I'm looking for an IEM with
 - more natural sound
 - more fun (= not boring)
 - balanced (none of the frequencies should be recessed), mids can be slightly emphasized
 - full-bodied
 - very good detail 
 - clear sound (ATH-M50 is quite clear too)

Is GR07 the IEM I'm looking for?

Electronics: Audio-GD DAC19MK3, Cyrus 6vs2 (integrated amplifier with built-in headphone amp)

I don't really like to compare headphones to IEMs (apples and coconuts) but if you find the v-shaped M50 boring, I don't really see how you can find the flatter GR07 fun. I think you're going to have to define fun here
redface.gif

How would you compare this to the CK10? Was thinking about buying the CK10 but now I'm wondering if these would be a better option at a lower price. How similar/different are they?

Different beasts, really. CK10 is typical armature - faster, leaner, more fluid, more aggressively detailed. GR07 is a little more relaxed, has more bass body and more realistic attack/decay times, and has treble unevenness lower down on the spectrum than the CK10. Two things both do well are extension and clarity.

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 116
As tempting as the GR07 is I think the FX700 might have my name on it eventually.  Not sure the two could coexist in my stable.  Great review as always btw!

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #30 of 116
As tempting as the GR07 is I think the FX700 might have my name on it eventually.  Not sure the two could coexist in my stable.  Great review as always btw!

X2 not sure I will buy the FX700 or not but I think it's the right choice for me versus these although they sound very nice to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back