REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #361 of 683
  After waiting for exactly a month, my XE800 finally arrived!
The sound is fantastic! I'm not an expert, but I find them very clear and with good bass.
They are extremely comfortable and easy to fit, unlike the havis.
Now they are my choice for casual outdoor use.
Thanks for making me discover these babies!

Now, back to listening 
etysmile.gif

eek.gif

Never had any comfort issues with havi

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #363 of 683
  I mean they take some time to fit right and get the right isolation, at least for me

well nice.
Any quick impressions comparisons??

Based on gr07 ,,,xe800 should have noticeably better bass impact,,,should be more energetic in treble and vocals should have a great timbre.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #364 of 683

well nice.

Based on gr07 ,,,xe800 should have noticeably better bass impact,,,should be more energetic in treble and vocals should have a great timbre.

You're pretty much spot on! The bass impact on the XE800 is just perfect for my preferences

The B3's offering better soundstage in every direction and I still find voices more natural on them. I can see people prefering the XE800 over the Havi's if soundstage isn't top priority. I'm a sucker for soundstage (depth and width) though :wink:

To know that I paid less than $120 for both pairs makes it a killer budget combo for me. Makes me scared to think of what an upgrade would cost......

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #365 of 683

well nice.

Well, the bass is definitely more prominent. As I said, I'm not an expert, so I don't know the exact terms, but I find the xe800 more energetic, as you said, while the havis are perhaps colder, but more spacious (Their soundstage makes me wow) and a bit more detailed. Both have great clarity.
I love them both and I think they are the 2 best iems I have ever had 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #367 of 683
  You're pretty much spot on! The bass impact on the XE800 is just perfect for my preferences

The B3's offering better soundstage in every direction and I still find voices more natural on them. I can see people prefering the XE800 over the Havi's if soundstage isn't top priority. I'm a sucker for soundstage (depth and width) though :wink:

To know that I paid less than $120 for both pairs makes it a killer budget combo for me. Makes me scared to think of what an upgrade would cost......

yeah............basically different tracks will make different iems shine.
XE800 will be better for rock/metal while havi's are awesome for acoustic music and live recordings.

Gr07 and havi are a letdown for pop though where  more bass is required,maybe as people say xe800 is between gr07 mk2 and be it will be good for pop too.

beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #368 of 683

Peter what is your SQ score (on joker's styling) for both, I want to be sure if my next purchase will be XE800 or not, I think our preferences are quite similar.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #371 of 683
Like Gecko said, the Havi and XE800 are the best I've had.

I have had $200-300 sets that were slightly better technically, but I could not justify keeping them over these two for $120. I actually got both for less than $100 total for being an early adopter. Insane values.

No doubt these will beat many 200$ overrated iem's.
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #372 of 683
Peter what is your SQ score (on joker's styling) for both, I want to be sure if my next purchase will be XE800 or not, I think our preferences are quite similar.

I wouldn't be comfortable putting numbers on them since it's something I don't usually do.

What I can say though is that I find them equally impressive but since the B3's perform their best with the kind of music I'm listening to the most I'd still put them on top for me.

The XE800 are very good though and I'm sure that a lot of people would prefer them. As Bhazard says it's the best I've had :wink:

Hope this helps.

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #373 of 683
Then in that case it's likely you will love IM70. :wink:  

Do they outperform the B3's in these areas?

I've been looking at them for a long time but I've never really seen any direct comparison to the B3's and people that heard both tend to prefer the B3's......

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #374 of 683
Do they outperform the B3's in these areas?

I've been looking at them for a long time but I've never really seen any direct comparison to the B3's and people that heard both tend to prefer the B3's......

I don't want to say something sacrilege so I'll pm you instead. :)

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #375 of 683

Users who are viewing this thread

Back