Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Dec 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #451 of 625
How do these compare to the JH13 or ES5? Next year I'm going for customs but it's just very hard to know what to buy, and I really don't wanna make a mistake.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #452 of 625

Quote:
How do these compare to the JH13 or ES5? Next year I'm going for customs but it's just very hard to know what to buy, and I really don't wanna make a mistake.

From reading around it seems the ES5 has a warmer tone to it. A comparison to the JH13 would be something I'd love to see.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #453 of 625
I recall reading that the JH13 has a more 'forward' presentation than the Miracle.

The ES5 is considered by some to have a more forward midrange than the JH13 or the Miracle. Because of this, some favour the ES5 for female vocals.

The ES5 is considered by some to have a slightly less-expansive soundstage than the Miracle.

The Miracle is generally considered to be a little more neutral than the JH13 or ES5 (though that doesn't necessarily equate to 'better', of course)

If you hunt around on Head-Fi , there are some relevant comparative discussions, also mentioning the UERM in relation to the above IEMs.

I'm sure they're all excellent in their own ways - it's just a matter of trying to pick the 'flavour' you like the most.

I'm awaiting delivery of my first IEM - a Miracle, but I'm sure I'd thoroughly enjoy any of the above IEMs.

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #454 of 625
An update on my initial impressions:

The fit is getting better the more I wear them.  It is still a strange experience to twist them into place as they go pretty far in the ear canal.. You can't just pop them out when someone walks in the room.  Also, it is about impossible to have a normal conversation with them in as the attenuation silences most normal sounds.

The sound has opened up with burn-in (or my brain has adjusted).  Either way, they sound more extended than when I first listened to them.  I made a slight EQ adjustment of 2.4dB at 30 Hz tapering off to 0 at 125 Hz.  This makes them completely flat from 20 Hz to 16 kHz with frequency sweeps.  The bass in these is tight all the way down to the lowest limits. I wasn't much of a Dubstep fan until I listened to it with my Miracles.  What is amazing is the range that these have for all genres of music.  Below is a small list of the music where I feel the Miracles excel:

Nora Jones
Damien Rice
Tool
Pink Floyd (esp. DSOTM Immersion BluRay)
Led Zeppelin
Neil Young
Frank Sinatra (24/96 LP rips)
Bella Sonus
TACET: Vivaldi Four Seasons SACD
Dubstep (various artists)

In other words, I haven't really come across any particular musical style where they don't sound fantastic.  Although it's got a bit too much power for these, the 1 ohm modded DACport is a perfect source.  Pitch black background at all levels.  Even maxed with nothing playing, they are completely silent with no hint of hiss.

It's with a little sadness that I realize my search for audio nirvana is over.  My wallet on the other hand is grateful for the well deserved rest....

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #455 of 625

Quote:

It's with a little sadness that I realize my search for audio nirvana is over.  My wallet on the other hand is grateful for the well deserved rest....

I don't think it's over at all. We all get to a point where we just crave a different or new sound. If you want to save yourself lots of money, never ever under any circumstances audition the HD800s. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #456 of 625

Quote:
Quote:

Have you tried switching the cable orientation? It may be a polarity issue, as was the case with mine. For instance, if the L on the left side of the cable is facing inwards, flip the right side of the cable around, so that the R is now facing outwards.

Tried switching cable orientation for both sides one at a time. It sounded weird & spaced out both times and the original position had the most natural sound even with the channel imbalance. Apart from the fit issue in my right ear (nozzle being too long) I have realised that the left is actually is slightly loose. They lose seal when I gently push the upper part of the iem when worn. Is this normal? Could this be causing the imbalance? The right side actually sounded more fuller than the left.

I have spoken to Yusuf at Ampcity about my issues and he was very helpful and reassuring. I have sent them a fresh set of right ear impression but now think maybe I should have sent my left ear impression as well. I am already missing my Miracles
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #457 of 625
Quote:
Tried switching cable orientation for both sides one at a time. It sounded weird & spaced out both times and the original position had the most natural sound even with the channel imbalance. Apart from the fit issue in my right ear (nozzle being too long) I have realised that the left is actually is slightly loose. They lose seal when I gently push the upper part of the iem when worn. Is this normal? Could this be causing the imbalance? The right side actually sounded more fuller than the left.

If you orient them properly in place, and not push on them deliberately as you've mentioned, does the seal still break? It takes me a few seconds to acquire the correct alignment, so that even as I move my jaw and whatnot, the seal doesn't break. But if I don't insert them properly, or deliberately push on any one of the corners when they're in, the seal sometimes breaks. I simply nudge them back into place, however, and the problem no longer persists.

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #458 of 625
Unfortunately I don't have them with me but when I managed to insert them properly and then pushed, the left side would lose seal but not the right side. General jaw movement does not break the seal but if I really grin like an idiot the left gives way first followed by right.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #459 of 625
I was very afraid of them not fitting due to the unconventional method of taking impressions of my audiologist... he told me to make a chewing movement for like 30seconds with just resting my jaw after for a few mins , no biteblock were used.

Just got my Miracle yesterday ... the fit is perfect ... its impossible to break the seal without removing them or using fingers while not putting to much pressure on my earcanals. The mold quality is simply perfect ... smoked blacked canals and faceplate with a green shell looks seriously amazing.

The SQ so far didnt really live up to what i expected , they pretty much sound like TF10s to me (first hearing impression) ... Source was a Clip+ rockboxed yet unEQed.
Listened to Brahms - Germany Requiem and some Rachmanioff aswell as some Interpol and Nirvana Unplugged , everything ripped in FLAC.
SQ improved when i got my E11 out with EQ on 0 and gain on high ... no clue why high gain sounds better but it does.

So far iam not impressed but also not sorry about my purchase , i will provide a more detailed SQ review and some pictures asoon as my HM602 arrives.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #460 of 625

Quote:
I was very afraid of them not fitting due to the unconventional method of taking impressions of my audiologist... he told me to make a chewing movement for like 30seconds with just resting my jaw after for a few mins , no biteblock were used.

Just got my Miracle yesterday ... the fit is perfect ... its impossible to break the seal without removing them or using fingers while not putting to much pressure on my earcanals. The mold quality is simply perfect ... smoked blacked canals and faceplate with a green shell looks seriously amazing.

The SQ so far didnt really live up to what i expected , they pretty much sound like TF10s to me (first hearing impression) ... Source was a Clip+ rockboxed yet unEQed.
Listened to Brahms - Germany Requiem and some Rachmanioff aswell as some Interpol and Nirvana Unplugged , everything ripped in FLAC.
SQ improved when i got my E11 out with EQ on 0 and gain on high ... no clue why high gain sounds better but it does.

So far iam not impressed but also not sorry about my purchase , i will provide a more detailed SQ review and some pictures asoon as my HM602 arrives.

The HM players unfortunately may offer an interesting twist - having about 11 ohms of output impedance could potentially be extremely interesting (or devastating) with the Miracles.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #462 of 625
Hi Samehada,
Congratulations on the fit, also on your color choice- (pics pls). So far ...You have 2 out of 3... ye it aint bad........but now give them some time till these babys open up and you will then have 3 out of 3.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #463 of 625

Quote:
Hi Samehada,
Congratulations on the fit, also on your color choice- (pics pls). So far ...You have 2 out of 3... ye it aint bad........but now give them some time till these babys open up and you will then have 3 out of 3.

Thanks alot ... pictures turn out to be a problem :/ i didnt expect my mobilephone cam to be this crap ... the green is really bright equal to the green in the UM gallery

so basicly , in daylight they look like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back