Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Dec 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #421 of 625
Both of mine are facing inward.  The Left came loose in the box so I just attached it the same as the Right.  Sounds good to me but now you have me wondering...

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #422 of 625
Quote:
Both of mine are facing inward.  The Left came loose in the box so I just attached it the same as the Right.  Sounds good to me but now you have me wondering...

Mine came with both L and R facing inwards and something sounded really off. I'd never have known the polarity was off, had I not experienced a similar situation with my TF10 a while back. Else, I'd have given up altogether. I was beginning to wonder why my W4, PFE242, and GR10 all sound much more balanced. No competition, now that I've got the correct orientation. 
smile.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #423 of 625
I've but a small favor for my fellow UM Miracle owners. Can you please check your stock removable cables to see which way the L and R on the cable are oriented? In other words, do the letters face inwards, or outwards? Or, is one facing inwards, and the other outward? For me to get them to sound right, for some reason, I need to have one letter facing inwards, and one facing outward. All day, since I received them, I KNEW something was off. I've experienced something similar with my TF10's way back, when I was using my on cables, and the polarity was reversed. However, I assumed that the cables were oriented correctly just as I received them. Seems I was wrong, and only after me reversing the orientation on one side do they sound right. 
blink.gif

Mine came with both L and R facing inwards and something sounded really off. I'd never have known the polarity was off, had I not experienced a similar situation with my TF10 a while back. Else, I'd have given up altogether. I was beginning to wonder why my W4, PFE242, and GR10 all sound much more balanced. No competition, now that I've got the correct orientation. 
smile.gif

I forgot to mention it amid all the excitement.. so thanks for bringing it up, i2ehan.

I too noticed something was slightly off out-of-the-box regarding the channel balance.  The L & R marks on my cord were properly oriented (text facing inwards) & plugged into the corresponding L & R ear molds.  What I noticed was a channel imbalance of sorts.. but not really.  Essentially, it felt like the stage wasn't centered.. everything felt slightly skewed toward the right channel.  I heard sounds out of the left channel & it didn't sound necessarily quieter but, again, more sound felt like it was coming out of the right channel & things just sounded off center.

I reseated the terminals.. not much change.. I'm still A/Bing with other customs and cords (if possible) to figure out what's wrong cause it's still bugging me,.  I don't know if this is an issue with the molds or the cord.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #424 of 625
Quote:
I reseated the terminals.. not much change.. I'm still A/Bing with other customs and cords (if possible) to figure out what's wrong cause it's still bugging me,.  I don't know if this is an issue with the molds or the cord.

I hope you get this resolved, my friend. I was in a similar situation once with a second hand reshelled JH16, and just couldn't live with the slight imbalance I experienced. Have you tried contacting UM?

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #425 of 625
Now that I have the Miracle on hand, it's only right I up my source (currently FiiO E7, Clip+, and my Samsung Galaxy S II), hence I'm in the market for a portable source. Aside from the HiFiMan HM series, any other recommendations? 
blink.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #426 of 625

Quote:
Now that I have the Miracle on hand, it's only right I up my source (currently FiiO E7, Clip+, and my Samsung Galaxy S II), hence I'm in the market for a portable source. Aside from the HiFiMan HM series, any other recommendations? 
blink.gif

Wait for the DX100 - but see if its output impedance is low enough.

The HM series have insanely high output impedance. Perhaps 801 with GAME amp might do, but the others won't.

Though, I will test the 601 with the Miracles when I get them.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #427 of 625
Now that I have the Miracle on hand, it's only right I up my source (currently FiiO E7, Clip+, and my Samsung Galaxy S II), hence I'm in the market for a portable source. Aside from the HiFiMan HM series, any other recommendations? :blink:

Do you have voodoo sound on the galaxy? Its not quite as good as my d10 cobra but myself nexus s with voodoo definitely works super well with the miraclesehile on the go

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #429 of 625

I hope you get this resolved, my friend. I was in a similar situation once with a second hand reshelled JH16, and just couldn't live with the slight imbalance I experienced. Have you tried contacting UM?

Congratulations i2ehan, what a nice pair of Customs.......enjoy mate....
Flysweep, sorry to hear this with your pair, if the problem persists I would get in contact with UM.

I appreciate the concern, fellas.

Tonight, I A/B'ed the Miracle with my other customs, universals, and full sized phones with tracks (whose imaging, balance, & instrument placement) I'm very familiar with.  The stage's balance was centered, position-wise (between the left & right channels), and sounded virtually identical across those other phones.  The same tracks on the Miracles definitely sounded (improperly) weighted toward the right channel.  I swapped cables off my other customs & onto the Miracles in hopes that might be the culprit.  Unfortunately, the issue persisted even with different cables.  I've emailed UM about this.  I hope they can resolve it quickly though I suspect it's going to require shipping it back to them.

Bummer.. cause they sound lovely & I'm going to miss them if I do have to send them back.  At the same time, this relatively minor inconvenience ranks pretty low on things to get worked up about.. gotta keep things in perspective!

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #430 of 625
Have you tried all the different possible cable orientations, as in L & R on the cable facing the same directions, opposite directions, or L & R orientations switched? You never know, my friend, but from the sound of things, it seems your polarity may be off just as mine was. A simply flip of the cables orientation on one side fixed the issue for me altogether.

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #431 of 625
Ok head-fi'ers I need your help here.

I had selected a custom artwork for my Miracles and at the time of ordering ensured that I submitted a high resolution artwork (1052 x 1109 resolution) to avoid any issues with the final look. I paid £90 for the full colour HD option and also sent in a mock-up of how my Miracles should look. I spoke to Yusuf at Ampcity to review the artwork to see if it would cause any issues. I was assured that since I had gone for the Full Colour HD option and since the artwork was just one colour it would come out very well.

This is the mock-up I sent

This is what I got

Obviously I extremely disappointed with my Miracles as you can see from the pics that the artwork is extremely dull and very faint. At an arms distance you can barely see it. Customs look solid black and the artwork is only visibile under strong light. If they had said this was how it was going to look I would have either changed my artwork or not gone for one at all. Having spent £90 for something that is only under a strong light is not acceptable for me.

So does anyone here think it is unreasonable for me to ask for them to redo the artwork or get them to refund the £90? What do you guys think?

The other thing I am concerned about is the way the sound bores look on my Miracles. It looks unfinished or incomplete (gaps between the two sound bores). This may be how they normally look but can someone confirm this?

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #432 of 625
Quote:
The other thing I am concerned about is the way the sound bores look on my Miracles. It looks unfinished or incomplete (gaps between the two sound bores). This may be how they normally look but can someone confirm this?

That's normal, my friend. More importantly, how do they sound to you?

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #433 of 625
I am really happy with their sound but not with the artwork plus I think the right side needs refit as right side keeps hitting what I can only describe as the lower jawbone and it is painful.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #434 of 625
Quote:
I am really happy with their sound but not with the artwork plus I think the right side needs refit as right side keeps hitting what I can only describe as the lower jawbone and it is painful.

If that's the case, then I'd send them back, were I in your shoes. See what UM is willing to do where the artwork is concerned, and your disappointment is within full reason, as far as I'm concerned. I'd recommend taking a close up shot of where exactly it is you're experiencing a problem with the fit, and highlighting the area you feel needs readjustment. Here's an example of a picture belonging to an individual on these very forums, who also encountered a fit issue, and provided the following image, which I'm sure made it much easier for UM to determine what needed to be corrected.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #435 of 625
Thats a good idea...thanks for the link . I still haven't contacted UM/Ampcity yet but thought I would first get some opinions here to see if I was being reasonable before contacting them. Hopefully UM will sort this out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back