Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #481 of 625

Quote:
Does anybody have a perfect fit at all head positions(head position affects jaw position)? Say, lying down, facing down and looking straight ahead?

I get perfect fit with my custom, no matter where i turn my head (up, down, left, right), yawn, lying down, looking straight up

My seal never breaks unless i purposely pull on my ear..

how long did you take to send your impressions? Since your from singapore, i assume you did yours at digisound?

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #482 of 625
Yup. Digisound at novena square. Impressions made on 5th October. I sent my impressions on the 6th of October 2011. Arrived at UM Malaysia on October 13th. Reached UM Lab on the 1st of November. I suspect my impressions might have shrunk.

I asked them about refit. Said i had to pay USD$55 for shipping charges. On top of having to pay for new impressions.... I have to reconsider if the money and waiting time is worth it. To be honest, it is not a very bad fit, pretty comfortable actually. The seal does not break when i yawn/open my mouth very wide. It's just very annoying when i lie down/face upwards. Maybe some layers of acrylic nail polish might be a more viable option.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #483 of 625
In my experience, not everybody can achieve that super tight, never-break-no-matter-what-you-do type seal.

Picture an ear where the non-canal portion is small but deep - it makes logical sense that it would have less "wiggle room" for the IEM to move back and forth, thus possibly interrupting seal, compared to a large but shallow ear.

Aside from that, I've noticed quite a bit of variation in the ears themselves, regardless of shape or size. Some ears are really solid and hard, others are droopy, flappy things. I assume that would make a difference too. 

For mine: when I stick my fingers in my ears and open my jaw wide, I can feel some major changes in the ear canal. It opens up significantly. It would be impossible for acrylic customs to fit in such a way that is comfortable while my mouth is closed, but still fills that cavity when my mouth is open. Silicone customs don't quite do it either, except for my Earproof Atoms which are made from an unusually soft and squishy material. But even those break seal occasionally. The important part is that my seal is always fully restored when I'm done yawning or whatever it is. 

Bottom line: don't feel the need to compare your experience to everyone else. If they feel comfortable, and meet your needs most of the time, that might be the best possible solution for your particular ears. 

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #487 of 625

Quote:
plenty of people have used it without an issue including me on a custom i used to own

I would refrain from doing that, you dont know if your ears are sensitive until they get itchy or even worse. The materials used for custom on the other hand are all perfectly safe.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #488 of 625
I think adding acrylic nail polish is one way to get a tighter seal.  I believe there is a site that sells foam circles that you can use to wrap around the custom.  I saw it on one of the custom iem threads here but I can't remember which one. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #489 of 625
Quote:
Yup. Digisound at novena square. Impressions made on 5th October. I sent my impressions on the 6th of October 2011. Arrived at UM Malaysia on October 13th. Reached UM Lab on the 1st of November. I suspect my impressions might have shrunk.

I asked them about refit. Said i had to pay USD$55 for shipping charges. On top of having to pay for new impressions.... I have to reconsider if the money and waiting time is worth it. To be honest, it is not a very bad fit, pretty comfortable actually. The seal does not break when i yawn/open my mouth very wide. It's just very annoying when i lie down/face upwards. Maybe some layers of acrylic nail polish might be a more viable option.

thats almost 1 month of travelling for the impression
you tried asking stereo whether can you sent through them instead of UM Malaysia?

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #490 of 625
After 7 weeks.. my Miracle will arrive either tomorrow or on Monday.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #491 of 625

Quote:
I think adding acrylic nail polish is one way to get a tighter seal.  I believe there is a site that sells foam circles that you can use to wrap around the custom.  I saw it on one of the custom iem threads here but I can't remember which one. 

Future Sonics sells something similar for pro musicians.

http://www.futuresonics.com/FSaccessories.html

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #492 of 625
Jan 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #493 of 625
To owners of Miracles with aftermarket cables - what do you prefer, the stock cable or your aftermarket cable? What cable do you use?

I have the Supreme Rose. I'm wondering if I'm just imagining things, or if the stock cable actually sounds better to me. I always thought cables didn't do much, if anything to affect sound.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #494 of 625
I have the beat audio iPhone cable. I think I liked the sound slightly better and definitely liked the ergos better However after 5 short months the right channel is not working. Trying to figure ot the next step.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #495 of 625
I used a DHC symbiote cable with the Miracles and it made it a lot more musical.  The sound stage wasn't quite as wide as the stock cable but there was noticeably more bass impact and vocals sounded great.  I believe it brought the mids a tiny bit more forward so male vocals sounded better.  One thing I did really dislike about the cable is that the y-split was so short.  It almost felt like I was wearing a cowboy hat with a string or something attached to the bottom of my face.  I think the cable is made to be worn behind your neck but that was a bit too weird for me. 

I tried contacting the guy at DHC to see if he could make the y-split shorter but it's been about a week and a half and he still hasn't gotten back to me.  I wouldn't mind buying the cable but that y-split was a definite deal breaker.  I just can't really bear to see myself go out in public like that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back