Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jan 30, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #78 of 625

Quote:
@project86 pretty interested in your merlin review vs your miracle notes and jh13 and es5. @tulio really interested in your comparisons as well. Greetings, Anouk,

I'll update here whenever I have info about the Merlin. So far I am waiting to receive them, with no idea when they might be ready.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #79 of 625
This is an awesome thread. I live in Sweden and the only customs I can audition are the JH13/16, and they're $1800 over here. I'm asking Westone if they'll let me order directly from the US as their retailer asks for $1800 aswell. I'm sure neither is worth twice the asking price of a Miracle or EM3 pro.

So I can only chime in with what a previous poster said: thank you guys so much for sharing your thoughts and impressions with us - the information is truly invaluable.

@project86: I'll take your word over that of a professional reviewer every day of the week.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #80 of 625
I was just browsing the UM website and noticed that they offer 6-driver IEM re-shelling and upgrade to 8 drivers - anyone know more about this?

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #81 of 625
yeah the do offer , but the price is almost the same as miracle , so its better to go the miracle route.

well about miracle, all i can say is that its a great piece of equipment. very transparent , and  support this review 98% 

( though i have not heard the JH13 or es5, i Have auditioned the LCD2 and i can say that miracle's imaging and soundstage in on  that level, dint have too much time to say which one is better. treble is a little better than LCD2, cause its more neutral with miracle , with LCD 2 its slightly laid back.

so in all you wont be disappointed , IF you want neutral balanced sound , there are no bumps or dips anywhere across the spectrum .

in this basis i can say that miracle must be on par with the JHaudio lineup.( cause LCD2 is one tried and tested product)

IF you want JH13/16/ES5 , you can buy one second hand from the sale thread here and ask unique melody to remold it for you. that way you get them at around $800! 

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #82 of 625
I'm choosing between ES5 and UM Miracle (or Melvin...?) but if I'm gonna spend big bucks on a custom I want to have a say in its art layout aswell. And did I mention, custom ES5 art is an extra $250 at the Sweden retailer...

Those of you who've already picked up your Miracles, can you name some portable players/amps that work really well with them?

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #83 of 625
Has anyone tried to contact Stephen via email at stephenguo@live.com recently? I recieved a message, that email was not delivered (Mailbox unavailable.)...
Hope everythings allright cause I'm waiting for my Miracles...

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #84 of 625

Quote:
Has anyone tried to contact Stephen via email at stephenguo@live.com recently? I recieved a message, that email was not delivered (Mailbox unavailable.)...

It's been about 3 weeks since I talked to him. He has a phone number on his website though; give him a call if it is important. The email thing is probably a random error.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #85 of 625

Quote:

Definitely a random error as I had just received his email reply yesterday on the Beat Audio cables.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #87 of 625

Quote:
Definitely a random error as I had just received his email reply yesterday on the Beat Audio cables.

These also caugh my attention. I was unable to find any further information about them, however. I don't know what you asked, but is there something interesting you could tell us? :p I can't even find what those cables are made of....

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #88 of 625

Quote:
I'm choosing between ES5 and UM Miracle (or Melvin...?) but if I'm gonna spend big bucks on a custom I want to have a say in its art layout aswell. And did I mention, custom ES5 art is an extra $250 at the Sweden retailer...

Those of you who've already picked up your Miracles, can you name some portable players/amps that work really well with them?

Buy it direct from Westone, also let westone know that the retailer is charging extra for work that Westone itself does.

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #89 of 625
Buy it direct from Westone, also let westone know that the retailer is charging extra for work that Westone itself does.

Westone products are made by Variphone in Belgium for the European market. They have a deal that prevents European customers to order from Westone America, but there are US based websites that offer Westones products to international customers so there is a way around it.

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #90 of 625

Quote:

These also caugh my attention. I was unable to find any further information about them, however. I don't know what you asked, but is there something interesting you could tell us? :p I can't even find what those cables are made of....

I chatted very briefly with Stephen from custom-iem.com about the Beat Audio cables. Apparently it is a Chinese company and Stephen is the only distributor at the moment. He picked up the line in part because he was getting lots of requests for different color cables. He uses the "Trophy" with his UM Mage, as seen on the website. I don't know much else about them other than they look very nice and the prices are reasonable. I like the fact that you can choose from different types/brands of termination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back