Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Apr 5, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #106 of 625
Thank you for the clarification. If it does indeed include this full service of impressions, cost of shipping, as well as professional handling of the entire affair, then perhaps the pricing is a lot more sensible and reasonable.

That said, I do believe AmpCity's scale is still on the high side. However, I've given it some thought and this could potentially be attributable to the high tax rates in the UK.

Quote:
Just to add some further clarification.

UM Australia and UM UK both offer full service (ship your impressions to us and we ship your custom back to you), this may or may not be the case with other UM Resellers.  Afaik UMUK also include the price of your impressions appointment in the quoted cost on their website.  

Whilst I can't speak for UMUK, when ordering internationally (Outside of Australia) and shipping directly to UMLab, a slightly different (cheaper but less secure) pricing structure exists.  The minimum for a good courier service from Australia to China is around $45AUD.  Not sure on the US or the UK, but I'm sure it would be in a similar range, possibly more in the UK which makes our pricing structure make a bit more sense.

Quote:
Still showing $929 from the US distributer and $950 from the Australia distributor, which works out to roughly the same price. Ampcity seems a bit high, partially accounted for by the exchange rate, but not completely. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #107 of 625
AmpCity's price covers import tax. You could probably order from custom-iem and ask them to underdeclare the value of the shipment to shrink the tax hit on your end, but that also means the package won't be insured for its full value, thus leaving you with nothing if it's lost or damaged in transit.

@Project86: will you be reviewing the just released Merlin in a foreseeable future?

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #108 of 625
AmpCity's price covers import tax. You could probably order from custom-iem and ask them to underdeclare the value of the shipment to shrink the tax hit on your end, but that also means the package won't be insured for its full value, thus leaving you with nothing if it's lost or damaged in transit.

@Project86: will you be reviewing the just released Merlin in a foreseeable future?

Well, UM lab ships with FedEx express, and no packages has been lost so far since there is always a tracking number.

And there will be a review unit sent to project86, so stay tuned to his review!:cool:

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #111 of 625

Well, i'm seriously considering the Miracle, but i don't want to carry any extra amp, so i'de really would appreciate some comments on how they perform unamped from an iPhone and particularly from the HM-602, which is my drug of choice this days.
Any HM-602 users that happens to have the Miracle too care to chime in?? 
TIA

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #112 of 625
The Miracle most definitely does not require an amp.  Using an LOD and the Headstage Arrow (regarded as quite colourless) the Miracles are a bit more transparent and revealing than straight through the Iphone.  Through the Iphone4 headphone jack, they are a bit more bottom heavy, but very very fun and engaging to listen to. Sometimes I prefer it, depending on my mood.

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #113 of 625
Figure it's about time to chime in. Sent my impressions to UM lab about 3 weeks ago. I'll post my thoughts in this thread when I get them.

Any idea on brokerage fees to Canada? In my experience, when Fedex is dropping off your package your wallet is going to be sore afterward.

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #114 of 625

Well, UM lab ships with FedEx express, and no packages has been lost so far since there is always a tracking number.

And there will be a review unit sent to project86, so stay tuned to his review!:cool:

You should take of the "Miracle sale on Facebook" from you signature, since there aren't any sale at the moment according to Stephen Guo from custom-iem, don't you think?
Or it's other company? Or other UM Facebook page?

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #115 of 625

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And there will be a review unit sent to project86, so stay tuned to his review!
cool.gif

You should take of the "Miracle sale on Facebook" from you signature, since there aren't any sale at the moment according to Stephen Guo from custom-iem, don't you think?
Or it's other company? Or other UM Facebook page?

Hey Vitor...Sorry, I will do it right now..  by the way, I'm Stephen. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #117 of 625
I use the HM602 with miracle ( rather used the miracle for a month with them , they are out for refitting now)

Yeah the superior DAC of HM602 makes a lot of difference, the sound is more spacious (l,b&h ), with superb imaging.
and yeah they dont require a lot of ower they work great right off the Sansa Fuze , its just that with better DAC they perform a little better.

You will love them with just about any source, they are quite neutral and transparent phones, they sound like the DAC / AMP you use them with .

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #118 of 625

Quote:
I use the HM602 with miracle ( rather used the miracle for a month with them , they are out for refitting now)

Yeah the superior DAC of HM602 makes a lot of difference, the sound is more spacious (l,b&h ), with superb imaging.
and yeah they dont require a lot of ower they work great right off the Sansa Fuze , its just that with better DAC they perform a little better.

You will love them with just about any source, they are quite neutral and transparent phones, they sound like the DAC / AMP you use them with .

Many thanks Singh.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #119 of 625
How did you experience the Miracle with the HM-602 in terms of hiss (from the amp in the 602)?

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back