REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Feb 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #376 of 1,290
I just got off the phone with Yusuf and the "Miracles" part was indeed just a brain fart. My Merlins are in London and will be shipped out today, using DHL or FedEX, meaning I'll have them by monday or tuesday at the latest.

So, now that we're sure they got me the right model, I'm kinda anxious about colors, artwork and fit... 
confused_face.gif

Man, when I decided on Merlins and ordered them, UM was being hailed for their flawless service and great work. Then for the past two months their otherwise solid rep has just taken a nose dive and now I'm more worried about the look and fit of my customs than I am excited to finally get them.

Sorensiim - when did you order yours? Just wondering if mine are on the way too, Yusuf has failed to reply to my e-mails!!! The waiting is killing me!

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #377 of 1,290

Quote:
Sorensiim - when did you order yours? Just wondering if mine are on the way too, Yusuf has failed to reply to my e-mails!!! The waiting is killing me!

I bought mine at AmpCity/UM UK. If you want a reply from them you'll have to pick up the phone, they SUCK at replying to emails. Either that, or get in touch with UM Global.

In other news, my Merlins are on a FedEx Truck, out for delivery today... Man, I hope they haven't ****ed them up.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #378 of 1,290
Really a shame that UM has been screwing up this much lately. Waiting for a set of CIEMs should be a time of excitement not worrying if your product came out as you wanted it. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #379 of 1,290
Aw crap - looks like I got the wrong tracking number from FedEx at first - they won't be here until tomorrow. I'll live, but they would have been here friday if UM UK hadn't stalled them... This is driving me nuts.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #381 of 1,290
I think the guys over at Amp City must be frantically working on all those cables that they were supposed to have out, so I dont think they will be answering many e-mails.
Its heads down & Bums up.........if you know what i mean.....:)

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #382 of 1,290
They're here. 

Fit: Spot on.

Sound:

This is... unbelieveably good. More impressions to follow.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #383 of 1,290

Quote:
They're here. 

Fit: Spot on.

Sound:

This is... unbelieveably good. More impressions to follow.

Glad you finally got them! Hope they're exactly what you were looking for.

Pictures? 

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #385 of 1,290

Quote:
Your Heir Audios look awesome. That was the sort of green I wanted on my Merlin. Not the lime green I actually got!
frown.gif

Thank you. All credit to the Wiz and his buddy "Keyser Soze" for mixing that special color for the PCB design. It's not a default color so I guess it's more unique.

How did yours turn out? I hope UM didn't mess up your order like they did to others recently.  

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #386 of 1,290
I was having a good moan a few pages back (not sure if it's this thread there are a few Merlin ones now). They got my colours wrong so my left earpiece is currently back at UM getting re-shelled in the correct colour.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #387 of 1,290

Quote:
I was having a good moan a few pages back (not sure if it's this thread there are a few Merlin ones now). They got my colours wrong so my left earpiece is currently back at UM getting re-shelled in the correct colour.

Ah yes, I remember now. You originally received them last month. It's unacceptable that they completely got the color wrong so hopefully they get it perfect this time.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #388 of 1,290
Quick snap from my phone, I'll get some better pix later:

The fit and the sound is perfect but they have a few tiny imperfections in the shells I'm afraid.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #389 of 1,290

Quote:
Quick snap from my phone, I'll get some better pix later:

The fit and the sound is perfect but they have a few tiny imperfections in the shells I'm afraid.

They look great in the picture. My original pair of Merlin actually had a couple very noticeable imperfections on the shell and titanium plates/artwork, but after I sent them in for refit, they redid everything and it turned out perfect. But what's most important is that the fit is perfect and you're happy with the sound 
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #390 of 1,290
Ah, what shame. Obviously, fit and sound are the most important aspects, but still.. I mean, you pay quite a substantial amount of money for CIEMs so you kinda want it to be done right.

Really odd that I always had the impressions that UM always had top notch builds and lately it seems everyone is experiencing some sort of issue with theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back