Review: Three Flagship Custom IEM - Westone ES3X vs Jerry Harvey JH13Pro vs Ultimate Ears UE11Pro
Nov 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #241 of 343
Vinnie of Red Wine Audio should make a variety of SLA batteries to help us run all of our our digital components in an analog battery powered domain.

How cool would it be to have a Raptor or a high spec'd phono sage run off the grid. I'd be willing to change everything over to battery powered supplies.

Screw line filtering and voltage regeneration. We are a Prius generation living outside a GE wind powered Turbine bottom Willy Wonka factory..

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #242 of 343
RSA is finishing a new battery powered phono stage, and I thought Vinnie already had a 12v SLA that ALO sold. We aren't there yet, but someday DC power will be cheaper and easier to come by. I would love to have a windmill and some solar panels at my house.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #243 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RSA is finishing a new battery powered phono stage, and I thought Vinnie already had a 12v SLA that ALO sold. We aren't there yet, but someday DC power will be cheaper and easier to come by. I would love to have a windmill and some solar panels at my house.

Maybe if you hadn't spent so much on this crazy little hobby, you would've been off the grid by now.
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #244 of 343
My gosh, I just read this flagship customs review a third time... and it still amazes me! I've read so-called "professional" reviews that don't come close to this quality. I think you should've entitled it, "My Custom IEM Odyssey."

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #245 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My gosh, I just read this flagship customs review a third time... and it still amazes me! I've read so-called "professional" reviews that don't come close to this quality. I think you should've entitled it, "My Custom IEM Odyssey."

I re-read it every once in a while myself, and I still wonder how I managed to write it. It sometimes feels like another me that did it.
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #247 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I re-read it every once in a while myself, and I still wonder how I managed to write it. It sometimes feels like another me that did it.
tongue.gif

I've written some stuff and later on had the same feeling. I guess when writing, one can be "in the zone" as well. I hadn't actually realised you wrote this review and read it just now. Definitely one of Head-fi's best reviews.

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #250 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review! Now I am itching to get the UE11. Hot Mocha! HUmmmmm

For those on a budget after blowing all their money on the UE 11Pro, I discovered that the new $99 Nuforce uDAC sounds even better with the UE 11Pro than the HiFiMan EF2, for almost half the price. A lot of it is due to the higher resolution DAC inside the uDAC vs the EF2 DAC, and it has no caps in the signal path and does not use opamps. So, there is great synergy there and you can read about it in my uDAC review (see public profile "about me").

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #252 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review! Now I am itching to get the UE11. Hot Mocha! HUmmmmm

lucky you. i'm also thinking about upgrading my iems. yea iem with an s. right now i'm using triple fi pro and ie8. seems like es3x and ue11
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #254 of 343
One of the best and most well done review. Thanks HPA.

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #255 of 343
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hope to god my ears don't get to the point where I can notice the nuance and detail that you do. My wallet just couldn't handle it.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the awesome reviews though, they're helping me cope with waiting for my new remolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back