Review: Three Flagship Custom IEM - Westone ES3X vs Jerry Harvey JH13Pro vs Ultimate Ears UE11Pro
Dec 23, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #331 of 343
Dec 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #333 of 343
I remember this thread. It was my favourite thread ever, both for the amount of work that went into it, and the anticipation that was the waiting process for it (of course, nowadays when we think of anticipation, nothing beats the JH3A threads.. but this was of a different nature :))

Still a fantastic read.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #334 of 343

Quote:
Alright then it's a consensus! I own the best IEMs in the world... nay, the universe!

EDIT: Is it possible aliens may have also developed balanced armature technology and have competing IEMs?

EDIT2: IS JERRY HARVEY AN ALIEN?

Have you hear the ES5 Westone flagship? I think this will be the one ! Topnotch! I still waiting for a review!    
basshead.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #335 of 343

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was surprised also. UE11 has been out a long time, and it has never received the same reception as the JH13. I remember only a few really good UE11 impressions, and only a select few prefer the UE11 to high-end headphones. Perhaps HPA was trying to be unbiased to the point of "they are all somewhat similar and will make you happy"
biggrin.gif
Fact is, almost all JH13 owners (who also own UE11) say that the JH13 bests the UE11 on all fronts.

Yeah, we seem to share the same perception.

I had mentioned in the JH13pro thread that I hadn't observed anyone who preferred the ES3X to the JH13pro. Another member commented that there had been a couple of owners of both IEM's that had, indeed, preferred the ES3X. I don't remember seeing those posts (not saying they didn't occur).

There does seem to be a bit of an inconsistency between my perception of the responses to the JH13pro with those of the other high-end customs.

HPA's review seems to suggest they're more similar in quality than I would've predicted based on my prior observations.

It's all Depending of the kind (style/genre) of music you listen most., maybe some prefer the JH13, other UM11, or other ES3x or why not ES5. All ears are differents. Important point for me, is to get an IEM that will surpass all the IEM i hear before. Not the one peoples say to be the best of the world... 

wink_face.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #336 of 343

Quote:
After reading the review and the answers HPA gave, I don't think the JH|13 match my taste...
I guess I will DO buy the HD800 with WA22/WA6-SE/DNA Sonett-BV
I guess it match better my taste after reading some reviews.
icon10.gif

Maybe your preference go with Headphones over IEM! This is two world! HD 800 is a bit heavy on the road, for me!  :wink:  For home, its Sen flagship! 

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #337 of 343

Quote:
Nice review, HPA. So, if told you can keep only one pair of custom IEMs, is it fair to assume that's the JH13?

Monkey, it depend of you wallet, your music preference, your frequency response your ear can handel...JH13 best for another, maybe not for you. You need to a comparaison tests like Larry, to find YOU best IEM!! This is my personal opinion! Some agree??  
wink_face.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #338 of 343
Nov 7, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #341 of 343
Are y'all serious.The one thing I've learned from this site is DUH! After a certain level it's all personal reception. If one of you blokes used sound diction and scientific, or blind studies. I might listen to you. Haha I said listen

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #342 of 343
Oct 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #343 of 343

I forgot to add my JH16Pro review link here, but it was fun reading this review again after so many months. Wow I talk too much in this review...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jh-audio-jh16-pro-custom-in-ear-monitors/reviews/8092

Wondering if there will be anything new at RMAF this year.  Hope not, I can't afford it!

It seems Jerry Harvey is working on a new flagship jhaudio ciem. i have no idea if it will be introduced at RMAF though...

here you go! http://www.head-fi.org/t/684396/new-jh-audio-flagship-siren-series-roxanne

...sorry about, well... you know
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back