[REVIEW] TDK Life in Record's EB950, BA100, BA200, and ST700 - Serious Business.
Jul 23, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #31 of 62
Hi!

I just wanted to add that I bought the EB950 in Kuwait for about USD 60, which I guess is a good price.

Compared to the SE215, is less muddy and has a better bass impact and is not awkward to wear, also much more highs. Adele through a Dacport LX is not so nice to listen, highs are a little annoying, maybe is because of the 10 ohms output.. who knows, in the Galaxy S they sound nicer.

Pros:
  1. Extremely Comfortable (Comply)
  2. Good sound isolation (Comply)
  3. Nice resolution/detail
  4. Good bass
Cons:
  1. Kind of V shaped sound, not so much mids
  2. There is no physical indicator in the Left earpiece
  3. The adapter to use in non i devices is not so good
  4. When connected to Android phone without adapter, it has problems, with the adapter too
  5. Quality of the cable

Hope this helps.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #32 of 62
I thought there are big 'L' and 'R' printed on the housing?

Anyway, what kind of problem you are having with Andriod smartphone? Beside the iPhone-specific +/- button not working, I have no problem using it on both my Galaxy Ace and Tab 7.0 Plus for both listneing and picking up / turning down phone call.

Jul 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #33 of 62
Quote:
I thought there are big 'L' and 'R' printed on the housing?
Anyway, what kind of problem you are having with Andriod smartphone? Beside the iPhone-specific +/- button not working, I have no problem using it on both my Galaxy Ace and Tab 7.0 Plus for both listneing and picking up / turning down phone call.

I meant the physical feedback on the L side, Shure and Yamahas has a point that protrude, so by touching the earpiece you can notice that is the L one. (I will edit the post)

I have the SGS with ICS, and when I connect it using Music Play (I don't have another player) the sound is kind of hollow, then if I keep pressing the button it gets normal. Then, if I use the adapter is kind of the same... it seems my adapter has a defect :S.

If I connect the it directly to the iPad it works ok, 

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #34 of 62
I meant the physical feedback on the L side, Shure and Yamahas has a point that protrude, so by touching the earpiece you can notice that is the L one. (I will edit the post)

I have the SGS with ICS, and when I connect it using Music Play (I don't have another player) the sound is kind of hollow, then if I keep pressing the button it gets normal. Then, if I use the adapter is kind of the same... it seems my adapter has a defect :S.

If I connect the it directly to the iPad it works ok, 

Oh, okay.

I know the issue with SGS is that, up till then, Samsung uses the OMTP standard for their 3.5mm TRRS plug (still used by Nokia), than means it goes like this: Left-Right-Mic-Ground. Apple uses the CTIA standard, which is Left-Right-Ground-Mic. Samsung only starts to adapt the CTIA after SGS (mid last year, I think), so that is why your old android phone isn't supported, but all other new smartphone should have no problem.

There is however an adapter you can get that will turn OTMP to CTIA (so you can use the mic), so is the other way around. Here:
http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods-1073.html

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #37 of 62
I just got a pair of $50 TDK earbuds, they were called the c4-500 or something like that.  I thought they were surprisingly neutral but with really shrill highs and overpowering mids (not that common of a problem), but on the other hand a) the noise canceling was great, and b) on the back they said they were the lowest quality headphones on the scale of quality by TDK, so it's not as if I can accuse them of cheating me!  They warned me!  Anyways, I am interested to see where this company goes in the future.  Great review, by the way!

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #41 of 62
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #42 of 62
Just ordered the EB950. It's gonna come via snailmail.

Man, why won't you guys let me save up for a custom? 
It seems like my customs savings never gets above a certain amount cuz I'll find something I HAVE TO TRY. 
tongue_smile.gif

I love fun iems over technical ones, so I'm looking forward for these.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #43 of 62
I was in the shop yesterday and I was asking if they could do anything about my broken UM3X and they said no. They suggested I try the TDK BA200. I had no idea what this model was as I have never encountered it as I lurk these forums. I have to agree completely with your review. Incredibly accurate. As someone coming from the UM3X, I did miss the vocals.. but I have to agree with the speed and liveliness of the BA 200 compared to the UM3X. It was actually a very welcome contrast to what I'm used to with the UM3X. Comfort was not an issue and the default tips were actually good. I get the feeling this is actually under rated in this community but it's surprisingly really good. 

I'm sorry to jump from one thread to another but I also asked your opinion on a possible replacement for my UM3X in your concise IEM thread and you suggested the Sound Magic E30 and it did sound really good as well - I do prefer the TDK contrast to sound magic E30 but the budget might have me getting the E30 instead. the TDK here costs 4 times as the E30. Thanks a lot of the advise. :)

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #44 of 62
Interested in the ST-700. 

What would compete with them for that smaller, on-ear design in the ~$100 range for portable use?  Something with good, balanced all-around SQ, as my J3 has everything from Metal to Mozart to Mos Def.
I know the review mentioned the K81DJ .. others...?

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #45 of 62
So I was listening on the road with my BA200 when suddenly the left earpiece stopped producing any sound. I got all panicky and checked if it was the wiring suddenly becoming sensitive or something. Finally I removed the extension and directly inserted it to my player and Thank God it works. I'm hoping the place where I bought these will consider the extension as part of the device and replace it because it's a pain to use these while travelling without any extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back