[REVIEW] TDK Life in Record's EB950, BA100, BA200, and ST700 - Serious Business.
Feb 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #46 of 62
Nice review. :)

Any chance the EB950s are suitable for EDM, mostly Trance?

Also, a seller on Amazon has them available for £24.99. Wonder if they are genuine...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-In-Ear-Headphones-Playback-Control/dp/B006LPJRNY
ir

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:
Nice review. :)

Any chance the EB950s are suitable for EDM, mostly Trance?

Also, a seller on Amazon has them available for £24.99. Wonder if they are genuine...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-In-Ear-Headphones-Playback-Control/dp/B006LPJRNY
ir

Trance? I'll say yes as EB950 is pretty easy going and versatile. It is a bit on the fun side of things but it shouldn't matter for Trance.

I have not seen any fake TDK so I'll assume it should be the real deal.

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #48 of 62
Trance? I'll say yes as EB950 is pretty easy going and versatile. It is a bit on the fun side of things but it shouldn't matter for Trance.

I have not seen any fake TDK so I'll assume it should be the real deal.

Ok mate thank you!

At the moment I'm in-between the Rock It R50s and the TDK EB950 or TDK IE800.

Wonder which would do the job better...

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:
So I was listening on the road with my BA200 when suddenly the left earpiece stopped producing any sound. I got all panicky and checked if it was the wiring suddenly becoming sensitive or something. Finally I removed the extension and directly inserted it to my player and Thank God it works. I'm hoping the place where I bought these will consider the extension as part of the device and replace it because it's a pain to use these while travelling without any extension.

One of the two drivers in the right side of my BA200 went out over the weekend. These things sound great, but I'm concerned about quality control issues. They do need a better cable. Anyway, I will give TDK credit for jumping right on the issue when I called them Monday about it. The faulty earphone is already on its way to the American headquarters in Mississippi (yes, you read that right ... lol). So we'll see how good the warranty service is in a few days.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

One of the two drivers in the right side of my BA200 went out over the weekend. These things sound great, but I'm concerned about quality control issues. They do need a better cable. Anyway, I will give TDK credit for jumping right on the issue when I called them Monday about it. The faulty earphone is already on its way to the American headquarters in Mississippi (yes, you read that right ... lol). So we'll see how good the warranty service is in a few days.

I had no problems with mine at all and I've never heard of that being a problem with others either so I think you should just get them replaced.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #51 of 62
Hmm... Now I wonder if I should go for the TDK BA200 or the Rock It R50s.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:
Hmm... Now I wonder if I should go for the TDK BA200 or the Rock It R50s.

The BA200 if you want a warm and smooth sound and the R-50 if you want and more analytical signature.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #53 of 62
The BA200 if you want a warm and smooth sound and the R-50 if you want and more analytical signature.

I guess it's gonna be the R50s then coz I like to analyze my music and hear every detail.

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #55 of 62
I'm loving the EB950. I was a tad bit skeptical but found it for 10 bucks at Ross and thought it was worth a try. Very nice 'phone and will likely become my new fav for my gym rig. Dig around your local Ross. Some have even found the BA200 for like 25 bucks as well as the ST750.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #60 of 62
  The A151 sounds like AM radio. I'm sure the EB950 will be better, actually it was on my wishlist but I can't see me buying it now.

It wasn't even on my radar but went in to Ross to look for the BA200 or !E800 that people were finding for insane prices and bought two EB950's (after reading CLIOS review) hoping to trade them for something better. When nobody seemed interested I opened one and was pretty astonished at the sound. Eventually a fellow Head-Fi'er hooked me up with some IE800's and I was amazed at how well the EB950 held up to the dual driver IE800. Especially since I got them for 9 bucks each (senior discount every Tuesday-LOL). My wife listened to them and demanded I give her the other pair of EB950's. It's not really a critical listening IEM but it has great, fun sound sig and is amazing on my gym rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back