Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Mar 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #241 of 2,566
Quote:
Am currently waiting for an SE-5 and I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Hope those of you who have the SE-5 are enjoying it as much as I hope to, though I do appreciate that buying IEMs can be a 'hit-&-miss' experience, since a sound characteristic that suits one person may not necessarily suit another person, and this can be true of any IEM, no matter how cheap, common, expensive or exclusive it might happen to be.

I'm very curious to read your impressions. Hurry up! Receive it already!! You're not trying hard enough!

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #242 of 2,566

Quote:
I never had any debt, nor did I ever buy anything on credit. So I don't have an established credit line, as you say, and that makes me less reliable than people who bought stuff with money they didn't have. That's friggin' ridiculous.

As for PayPal, they really try to force they BillMeLater program down my throat.

Sinocelt you completely missed the point of my post. I'm wondering if you speak native-English? You don't necessarily have to go into debt and make purchases for which you do not have the funds to pay off. This is where it depends on you, the individual. I normally do not go into debt, making purchases that I cannot afford to pay for. I generally will make purchases on my cards that I can pay off before I even get charged interest. But in certain circumstances having the ability to buy something and pay it off overtime while paying a reasonable APR isn't bad to have either. It just comes down to whether you are a responsible person. A responsible person won't go running up debt they cannot afford.

Also this day and age (at least in the USA) you can be overlooked for job opportunities if you do not have good credit. If you are trying to find a place to rent, you can be rejected based on your credit score.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #243 of 2,566
I hate to mention this on other IEMs thread to make me sound like a idiot or stan. But 5 way is absolutely amazing in terms of technique ability. Although I only heard a few IEMs. But I really don't think there is any other IEMs can top it. 5 way really suits my taste.  For a reference IEMs I will probably choose this rather than those analytical thin sounds.  I remember see people denying me on JH16 sounds bright and thin. I probably get shut down everytime when I said it on probably any thread. lol. But if they heard 5 way they will probably know what I was talking about since it has such a organic, full, lush and laid back sound but not losing any resolution or detail. 

Quote:

Yep, it's a crazy, insane, banking system we live under in modern Western society, that's for sure, and it sure as hell ain't geared in favour of the average man. The word 'Entrapment' springs to mind.

But we digress...

Am currently waiting for an SE-5 and I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Hope those of you who have the SE-5 are enjoying it as much as I hope to, though I do appreciate that buying IEMs can be a 'hit-&-miss' experience, since a sound characteristic that suits one person may not necessarily suit another person, and this can be true of any IEM, no matter how cheap, common, expensive or exclusive it might happen to be.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #244 of 2,566
I hate to mention this on other IEMs thread to make me sound like a idiot or stan. But 5 way is absolutely amazing in terms of technique ability. Although I only heard a few IEMs. But I really don't think there is any other IEMs can top it. 5 way really suits my taste.  For a reference IEMs I will probably choose this rather than those analytical thin sounds.  I remember see people denying me on JH16 sounds bright and thin. I probably get shut down everytime when I said it on probably any thread. lol. But if they heard 5 way they will probably know what I was talking about since it has such a organic, full, lush and laid back sound but not losing any resolution or detail. 

Omg, your reply makes me hesitate if I should still order the 3 way ref if my ear is too small for the 5 way =[

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #245 of 2,566
Quote:
I generally will make purchases on my cards that I can pay off before I even get charged interest. 

You're buying stuff with money you don't have and pay off this little debt later -- and it is a little debt, don't kid yourself. But if something happens to you some day (you have an accident, you lose your job), then you may suddenly find yourself unable to pay off what you bought on credit. For that reason, I personally don't buy anything unless I can pay for it up front.

Also this day and age (at least in the USA) you can be overlooked for job opportunities if you do not have good credit. If you are trying to find a place to rent, you can be rejected based on your credit score.

*sigh* Maybe you should read my answers a little more carefully. I know that what you say is true, I already stated so, but I still find it ridiculous that my always paying up front would label me as less reliable than someone who bought on credit and managed to repay within a given time frame.

Omg, your reply makes me hesitate if I should still order the 3 way ref if my ear is too small for the 5 way =[

Cannot you make your final decision after SE tells you if your ears are "5-Way-worthy" or not?

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #246 of 2,566

Quote:
You're buying stuff with money you don't have and pay off this little debt later -- and it is a little debt, don't kid yourself. But if something happens to you some day (you have an accident, you lose your job), then you may suddenly find yourself unable to pay off what you bought on credit. For that reason, I personally don't buy anything unless I can pay for it up front.

*sigh* Maybe you should read my answers a little more carefully. I know that what you say is true, I already stated so, but I still find it ridiculous that my always paying up front would label me as less reliable than someone who bought on credit and managed to repay within a given time frame.

Cannot you make your final decision after SE tells you if your ears are "5-Way-worthy" or not?

Sorry for misunderstanding you then lol. I agree with you as well on this... But there is credit protections where you pay a small fee on the balances you leave on the account. In the event of job lose, lose of life in the family, or some form of major life-changing emergency; the balances will be cleared and no obligations thereafter...

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #248 of 2,566
Well, it's because I don't wanna wait too long after the ear impression is done.
And I myself always prefer to have a plan before action. :p

This actually will make very little difference to the waiting time. Imagine how long you may regret it if you get 3-way and never know if you could have had 5-way..? :rolleyes:

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #252 of 2,566
What's the backup plan? Plastic surgery to make your ears large enough for the 5-way? 
biggrin.gif

My ears are slightly on the small side and Grzegorz managed to squeeze 5 armatures in.

Just how small are your ears?

Smaller than these?:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.293147087387817.62473.153613854674475&type=1

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #253 of 2,566
What's the backup plan? Plastic surgery to make your ears large enough for the 5-way? :D

My ears are slightly on the small side and Grzegorz managed to squeeze 5 armatures in.

Just how small are your ears?

Smaller than these?:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.293147087387817.62473.153613854674475&type=1

I have no idea how small are my ears, but the plastic surgery is a good suggedtion. LOL
Backup plans are something like choosing other model or even finding other company.
I do want to stick with SE tho. :p

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #254 of 2,566

Quote:
I have no idea how small are my ears, but the plastic surgery is a good suggedtion. LOL
Backup plans are something like choosing other model or even finding other company.
I do want to stick with SE tho.
tongue.gif

Oh, am I right in thinking, then, that this would be your first pair of custom IEMs..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back