[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #1,876 of 3,824

Second post!

I haven't seen many pictures of recabled MH1Cs so here's my attempt.

It was my first time DIYing a cable, and this is the first IEM I've owned since joining head-fi. :wink: I know the braiding isn't perfect, and the rubber strain reliefs are pretty messed up, but oh well.

I was honestly surprised that it worked in the end!

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #1,877 of 3,824
Quote:

Second post!

It was my first time DIYing a cable, and this is the first IEM I've owned since joining head-fi. :wink: I know the braiding isn't perfect, and the rubber strain reliefs are pretty messed up, but oh well.

Nice!

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,878 of 3,824
Quote:

Second post!

I think if you perfect the process, have a professional looking end product, and can charge $35 or under (does not have to be the best cable material) you would have a thriving business.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,879 of 3,824
You know, just like many of you I hate the stock cable with a passion on these MH1Cs. I didn't noticed that I dropped them on the floor and rolled it over with my office chair a couple of times and I was like sh!T!!! Picked it up, saw some wheel marks on the flat cable but that was about it.  Besides the marks on the cable it still works flawlessly. Man these MH1Cs are built like a tank, if this had happened to my other iems, they would have been goners. :/ I guess this is the only good thing about the stock cables haha. 

Nice recabling Chunky! 

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #1,880 of 3,824
Yes. It's from the garbage stock cable and mic. The only solution I found was to recable it. Every single IEM with controls I've used does this. Having any form of controls on a non-removeable cable is a purchase killer for me now.

That's what I was thinking. Depending on the cost, I'll try recableing it with my extra IE8 cable.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #1,882 of 3,824
Stock tips seem to fall out of my ears really easily. I normally wear small or extra small tips on my IEMS yet these ones don't stay in for long. Can anyone recommend another set of tips that fit the MH1C correctly? Curious to try out different tips before I sell these.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #1,883 of 3,824
I was stupid enough to plug the ports with blu-tak and compress it so the left channel apparently got imbalanced by like -12db. Any suggestion how to open these little buggers to clean-up? If it's been asked already please let me know.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #1,885 of 3,824
is it just me or are the stock tips really bad they won't stay in my ears. any recommendations for ear tips.

I find the stock tips to be pretty good, though fit undoubtedly varies from person to person.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,887 of 3,824
Quote:
well mine just came in the white mh1s from gplushk is it just me or are the stock tips really bad they won't stay in my ears. any recommendations for ear tips.

Some of the best tips I have used - Create almost a vacuum seal.

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #1,890 of 3,824
ya they are staying in over ear but i wont be able to use the remote like this which kinda sucks. For some reason the monoprice that everyone complained about the tips work fine for me but these dont

Users who are viewing this thread

Back