[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,606 of 3,824
Quote:
Let me reword my question. All I care about is the sound. Does anyone use these with an iPhone 5 without any sound/balance problems (never mind whether the controls work or not because I don't care)?

I have used them 3 different times for a total of 5 hours give or take and no problem whatsoever. For me the tips that came on it work perfectly. The seal is so good that when I take them out they make 'pop' sound!

In fact I bought a 2nd pair as a backup and have not tried them out, I guess I should to make sure they are like the first pair!

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,607 of 3,824
The obvious question is: 
Has anyone tried recabling with an Apple Earbud cable in order to get the functionality of the headset working?

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,609 of 3,824
Here is a brief bit about them in a round up review video!

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,611 of 3,824
Quote:
Would buying the adapter for the MH1 and the MH1C fix the volume imbalance problem that many people are talking about?

Edit - Would any adapter work? 

Volume imbalance? If you mean a sudden drop of volume on one side, that's caused by condensation inside the housing. Just stop using it and wait for it to dry out.

Adapter is used for switching between CTIA and OMTP standard, detail in the first page.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,612 of 3,824
Quote:

Volume imbalance? If you mean a sudden drop of volume on one side, that's caused by condensation inside the housing. Just stop using it and wait for it to dry out.

Adapter is used for switching between CTIA and OMTP standard, detail in the first page.

Hah yea, thats what I meant. I thought that problem was called that, my bad!

Oh and would an adapter like this be fine?

Sorry for all the questions! 

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,613 of 3,824
so first the medium tips start getting very loose and now the next to smallest (which provided adequate seal but not quite the level of the medium tips) are coming loose and getting stuck deep inside my ear.  i've had this problem with at least two other IEMs in the past; the only one that i really didn't have that issue with was the SE215s.  is there some solution to keeping tips from coming off?  i know changing them out multiple times can make them get loose but it's kinda hard to find the perfect fitting one without doing this a few times, and it's not like i was doing this excessively.  it's really frustrating considering other than the cord i'm really liking these.

been saving up to finally get a vmoda M-80 i can keep so i may just swear off IEMs entirely.  one little thing but it's very annoying.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #1,614 of 3,824
Quote:
Hah yea, thats what I meant. I thought that problem was called that, my bad!

Oh and would an adapter like this be fine?

Sorry for all the questions! 

No, that adapter won't work. It is just for extension. You need the one from Lunashops. MEElectronics sells one in their website and you can find the FiiO one on eBay. Generally they are called 'smart adapter'.

Quote:
so first the medium tips start getting very loose and now the next to smallest (which provided adequate seal but not quite the level of the medium tips) are coming loose and getting stuck deep inside my ear.  i've had this problem with at least two other IEMs in the past; the only one that i really didn't have that issue with was the SE215s.  is there some solution to keeping tips from coming off?  i know changing them out multiple times can make them get loose but it's kinda hard to find the perfect fitting one without doing this a few times, and it's not like i was doing this excessively.  it's really frustrating considering other than the cord i'm really liking these.

been saving up to finally get a vmoda M-80 i can keep so i may just swear off IEMs entirely.  one little thing but it's very annoying.

You might have oily ear canal. Take the eartips out and wipe its inner tube as well as the the IEM's nozzle clean with tissue regularly might fix the issue.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #1,616 of 3,824
Jan 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #1,617 of 3,824
For those of you who would rather buy the MH1Cs from Amazon than Ebay, heres a link of the only listing I can find there. It costs $30.99 + $4.99 shipping. (To the US).

But be quick because theres only 1 left in stock!

(There used to be 2 in stock, but I ordered one immediately once I saw the listing 
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,618 of 3,824
Just got these and loving the sound, but this J Cord is causing me headaches lol. Maybe I'm wearing it wrong, but if I look to my left, it feels like the right earphone might pop out because the cable is close to being stretched. If I move the wire further behind my neck, the part where the left headphone splits from the rest of the cable slides back down, causing the right earphone to stretch again. I'm used to having media buttons close to my chest area, the fact that these are right next to my cheek is rather annoying lol, really wish they weren't J Cord.

Edit: Forgot these came with a shirt clip. Should be a lot better now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back