[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #1,321 of 3,824
The MH1C is more musical and fun sounding.  I think both have the same level of detail and the MH1C has more bass with the larger soundstage though its not by much as the XBA-1 has and nice soundstage also.  I think the XBA-1 is better at separation over the MH1C and imaging is about equal.  Its been awhile since I listen to the XBA-1 as I gave them to my sister to use but they're a nice little IEM and I think I have them rated to low in my list so I might have to change that.

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #1,322 of 3,824
Quote:
I don't find the highs to be at all harsh and I hate overly bright highs, what player do you use?

I'm driving them from a FiiO E11 paired with a Sansa Clip+ or from my Xonar D2 and Asgard. It's not all songs, just a few, presumably the less well mastered ones. It handles the piano in I was Lost Without You- Sam Hulick, ME3 OST very well even sounding rather prematurely rolled off, but in She Wolf - David Guetta ft Sia the highs are shrill to the point of being painful on occasion.

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,324 of 3,824
Quote:
Has anyone compared these to the JVC HA-S400?
Kind of on the fence with these two.

They are different animals, the S400s is mid-centric with good bass and good highs that is clean and clear. While these MH1cs are real bassy with buttery smooth mids and highs. The mids on the S400s are all over your face while on these sony's they are not as overt.  

If you like a refined set of fun bassy IEMs with a good amount of instrument separation and smooth mids/ highs these MH1Cs are it. They more than warrant their "hype."
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #1,325 of 3,824
They are different animals, the S400s is mid-centric with good bass and good highs that is clean and clear. While these MH1cs are real bassy with buttery smooth mids and highs. The mids on the S400s are all over your face while on these sony's they are not as overt.  

If you like a refined set of fun bassy IEMs with a good amount of instrument separation and smooth mids/ highs these MH1Cs are it. They more than warrant their "hype." :beerchug:

Yeah, I'm actually getting my refund for the MH1s, I bought the wrong ones. From what you describe, I think I may still go with the MH1Cs since I listen to Rap and Dubstep alongside with Jazz and whatever genre you might consider Sara Bareilles and Norah Jones. I don't want my Mids to overpower my highs and bass so it seems like the wiser choice.

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,326 of 3,824
Quote:

If you like a refined set of fun bassy IEMs with a good amount of instrument separation and smooth mids/ highs these MH1Cs are it. They more than warrant their "hype."
beerchug.gif

I don't get the "real bassy" bit. Mine don't sound too bassy at all. What's wrong with me lol!

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #1,327 of 3,824
Quote:

I don't get the "real bassy" bit. Mine don't sound too bassy at all. What's wrong with me lol!

Cuz you CRAY CRAY WAYNE that's why. I loves my bass but the bass can be a bit much for me at times. LoL

@SyCo man you are gonna love these MH1C for the genres you listen to, these are sex with hiphop/rap/ and jazz. Just so much refinement and such a fun sounding smooth siggy.

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,329 of 3,824
Quote:
Cuz you CRAY CRAY WAYNE that's why. I loves my bass but the bass can be a bit much for me at times. LoL

I don't know man.. my S500's with stock pads and taped vents - now that's getting close to a bit too much bass at times lol! But I have never felt that way with the mh1c's - sounds pretty good to me
smile.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,332 of 3,824
Quote:
Mine has developed a channel imbalance. the left is approximately 3 times louder than the right. Somewhat disappointed given it's only 1 day old.

toy around with the volume control thing and see what happens there

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,334 of 3,824
Quote:
hmm. Randomly jabbing at the control fixed it. Thanks.

I might buy another one and try and recable it, sans remote and J split.

PHEW wow excellent. No more sinking feeling lol.
!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,335 of 3,824

@SyCo man you are gonna love these MH1C for the genres you listen to, these are sex with hiphop/rap/ and jazz. Just so much refinement and such a fun sounding smooth siggy.

Can't wait to try these out, wish I didn't have to wait another week for them. Didn't have a problem with cord like others did and I absolutely loved the build of the housing.

I will get the S400s in due time. In the mean time, I plan to let the MH1Cs marinate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back