[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #1,232 of 3,824
Quote:

first things first! the MH1C is not a premium IEM, its just the best iem for easy commute without worrying about how you handle it ..ofcourse not the best isolation .. but a very friendly sound .. 

if you want clear and sharp highs - the brainwavz b2 or gh-erc-dms might be the best choice!!! in this case you actually will like the b2! 

what say joebloggs! 
biggrin.gif

Yea i definitely am thinking of getting the B2. I PM'ed you regarding my only concern which is the import duty to India. That's the only thing which is holding me back....

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #1,233 of 3,824
Quote:
Yea i definitely am thinking of getting the B2. I PM'ed you regarding my only concern which is the import duty to India. That's the only thing which is holding me back....

If you want extremely detailed highs, I would also consider HiFiMan RE0 or RE-ZERO. RE0 is on a super sale for $50 right now too (I'm going to pick a set up just because their highs are fantastic). Read the reviews on them. Their highs are some of the best available for under $200 but they lack the warmth of say the Sony MH1C. I'm getting them to try and EQ/amp some warmth back in yet retaining the amazing detail in the highs.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #1,234 of 3,824
Their highs are some of the best available for under $200 but they lack the warmth of say the Sony MH1C.Their highs are some of the best available for under $200 but they lack the warmth of say the Sony MH1C.

considering the hifi man flagship re 272, is now under $199, I wouldn't even look at the RE0 ..

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #1,235 of 3,824
Quote:

considering the hifi man flagship re 272, is now under $199, I wouldn't even look at the RE0 ..

uhh... except that they are 1/3 the price of the re 272?

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #1,236 of 3,824
uhh... except that they are 1/3 the price of the re 272?

the re 272 is more than 48.5 times better in my book of audio .. I would suggest you take a listen to them first.. you ll definitely understand 
popcorn.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #1,239 of 3,824
I just don't get it; the differing opinions of what we are hearing. Yesterday I used my UM Miracles for 7 hours straight they are superb. Today to shake it up I'm using the
Sony's........of course they are different. But I am hearing clear, pleasing music. Good separation, a drop bass heavy and I actually am liking that. I like em for changing up, I really do. I am listening to my desktop rig......thru a AMP/DAC and mostly lossless.....this probably helps a great deal.

If I never found HF and did not know any better, I would think I found the bomb earphones and would look no further.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,240 of 3,824
Quote:
I just don't get it; the differing opinions of what we are hearing. Yesterday I used my UM Miracles for 7 hours straight they are superb. Today to shake it up I'm using the
Sony's........of course they are different. But I am hearing clear, pleasing music. Good separation, a drop bass heavy and I actually am liking that. I like em for changing up, I really do. I am listening to my desktop rig......thru a AMP/DAC and mostly lossless.....this probably helps a great deal.

If I never found HF and did not know any better, I would think I found the bomb earphones and would look no further.

Lol HF will never let you feel completely satisfied, there will always be something better or different around the corner to keep you on your toes. As for the differences in perception, sound signature preference aside, ear canal shape, insertion angle and depth, type of seal and source can make a huge difference. I am very sensitive to treble and i find the MH1 highs some of the smoothest i've come across, they even sound a hair recessed to my ears :p. There is also the remote possibility that a newer batch has differences in tuning.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,245 of 3,824
Quote:
Isnt it weird to compare SQ of a 200$ and 20$ IEM?

i was talkin about the re 272 and the re 0! .. its $199 and $50 respectively now.. not the mh1c .....right now I feel like doing your name a favour 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back