[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,096 of 3,824
As for the 20x markup comment beforehand. These make me question some expensive purchasing decisions. :) In a good way.
I must be crazy. I'm starting to like the cord. lol.

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #1,099 of 3,824
mmmm hava a good but not heavy bass. Treble good. the mids can upgrade with burning, right?

sherly crow in redemtion day theme is not in the scene... :/

any way, great phones...

PD: THE soundstage are prety good toO!

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #1,100 of 3,824
I know a head-fier that is preferring these MH1C to his UE11Pro customs for sound quality after EQing down the bass
basshead.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,101 of 3,824
Quote:
I know a head-fier that is preferring these MH1C to his UE11Pro customs for sound quality after EQing down the bass
basshead.gif

WoW, just set the EQ to Bass reducer on my ipod nano/ classic and man do these MH1Cs sound clean and detailed. Gives you more of that "balanced/ flatter" sound but not giving up on anything else. If you want that big bass back simply set it to flat on the EQ, crazy nice.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #1,102 of 3,824
I have two sets of these, one was burned in for about 150 hrs on heavy bass and treble tunes at fairly high volume.  There is very significant improvement in burning - the bass is toned down, the mids and treble became clearer and it also it got louder. So for those not liking the bass, try burning them.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #1,103 of 3,824
Quote:
I have two sets of these, one was burned in for about 150 hrs on heavy bass and treble tunes at fairly high volume.  There is very significant improvement in burning - the bass is toned down, the mids and treble became clearer and it also it got louder. So for those not liking the bass, try burning them.

100% agreed, and taping the hole on these as well. Using the Bass Reducer EQ and that taped mod really cleans up the bass for people that don't like bass heavy sound sig. I like it both ways, just messing around with simple EQing/ mods to see what it does to the sound, really great results so far. Thanks for all the tips you'll!!!  

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,105 of 3,824
Quote:
The price on these on Amazon seems to have shot up to the $50-$60 range.  Just the other day it was at $30 and I was considering pulling the trigger. 

Still on Ebay for around $27. The other day there was a seller on Amazon who sold them for $26.99 and fulfilled by Amazon. There were four in stock. It took alot of willpower not to buy all four.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #1,107 of 3,824
Quote:
Here you go:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008OG16EQ/ref=pe_115941_33029401_pe_ace_dt1

Amazon UK......with delivery to CONUS under $26.

for some reason it's taking quite a while to arrive though.
Ordered mine from that seller on the 2nd of November. I was expecting its arrival within three weeks.
Well.
Now that I think about it they still got 3 more days so I'll let them slide till then.

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,109 of 3,824
one question if no one cares about the headset functions (buttons) but only about the earphones function does it matter the omtp and ctia thingy? It shouldn't since both standards have left-right contacts are in the same order...or it possible some players (aka ipods) would not reproduce the sound correctly?

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,110 of 3,824
Quote:
one question if no one cares about the headset functions (buttons) but only about the earphones function does it matter the omtp and ctia thingy? It shouldn't since both standards have left-right contacts are in the same order...or it possible some players (aka ipods) would not reproduce the sound correctly?

It matters. If you're going to use it with DAPs you need the CTIA version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back