[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #1,081 of 3,824
I bit the bullet and bought them with absolutely no reasonable justification for the purchase other than, I want to try them.
Probably need to start selling off some of my gear now

Don't worry, that happens a lot here :p

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #1,082 of 3,824
Quote:
Don't worry, that happens a lot here
tongue.gif

I know lol, not really a money issue but my table's got all of my IEMs and headphones so I'm really out of space to put them anywhere really

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #1,084 of 3,824
So...you're saying the bass is slow eh? so this would be better for hiphop than EDM with its slow bass?

I don't listen to EDM, so I can't really advise. They do sound good for the few hip hop songs I have. For the most part it's just way too much bass and that's why I'm going to use them in a noisy environment like the riding mower, where elevated bass is appreciated.

Simply put, they have nice clear vocals and nicely extended treble but the bass is off putting for any kind of critical listening. They're a wonderful deal for the sub $30 they're going for, especially since the tips have come in handy for other earphones, but I find the volume of threads recommending this earphone over proven HF mainstays to be ridiculously unhelpful and nonsensical. I'd be seriously disappointed if I paid full price. As it stands, I'm pleased for $21.

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #1,085 of 3,824
Just received triple flange ear tips.
At first I was surprise like if there was a lack of bass, after putting them correctly it was really great,
The bass is not prominent, it's just there, the boomy sound is fixed by those eartips.
Great enhancement for them !

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #1,088 of 3,824
I just received mine. I'm shocked!! The detail they bring out is amazing! They remind me of the Brainwavz M1 but more balanced (less mid-centric) sound is more laid back and of course more quality overall.
Two things I don't like about them:
- the bass bump is really annoying sometimes, it's not balanced with the rest imho
- i wish the vocals were more full and warm but I guess it's the price to pay with extremely fun sound signatures isn't it?

...and yes the cable/material is just PLAIN AWFUL. I mean you have to do it on purpose to use this cable! No problem with the stock tips!

So... what should change with burn-in? :)

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,092 of 3,824
Just wanted to mention again the time and effort ClieOS put into this (and other threads) is really helpful for the community. Thanks.

I just hope everyone finds this original thread and don't end up here instead.

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,093 of 3,824
Wanted to mention a small mod that I just did with these. I was noticing the flanges for the upper level Sony's had foam inside the cup of the tip. I took a pair of old earbud pads. Cut a hole in one side so that both sides had a hole. Slid this over the rubber tube and stuffed the material into the cup. Imagine the foam filling up the cup on the opposite side of the end that goes into the ear. I'm noticing a better seal and more isolation. Will follow up with some listening. don't think it should make too much of a difference. Just helping me to get a better seal and cut out more exterior noise.

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #1,094 of 3,824
After hearing them anybody thought "does this mean manufacturers ask you x20 the actual cost if Sony did it for "nothing"?

Anwyay the controls don't work at all on my Galaxy S Wi-Fi Player, does it mean it uses OMTP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back