[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Aug 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #136 of 208
I've heard of people taking the filter out of their SM3s to get more treble. I haven't done it myself though.

That said, the J-Phonics sound like they'd be more transparent than the SM3s

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #137 of 208
- yep i did just, and though it was slightly better, the mids did ever so slightly shouty... maybe my ears are just fatigued (=

if the SP or even the MX have more treble than the SM3, i'll get the K2 ASAP!

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #143 of 208
You'll get that with the k2 SP, but I kept the Earsonics SM3. I didn't like the W4.

Quote:
hey guys, how is the treble of both the SP and MX version compared to the SM3? i love the SM3 for rendering my music, but sometimes i hope to get more treble presence for a more lively performance.

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #144 of 208
FWIW -- I haven't personally heard the j-phonic K2 SP vs MX head-to-head, but Taka from Sensaphonics Japan informs me that roughly 75-80% of customers prefer the SP version, which is modeled on the reference-flat response of the Sensaphonics 2X-S and 2MAX customs.

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #146 of 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@kiteki, have you picked up your pair?

Yes, I have the SP now. (skeleton shell btw).

I noticed these don't have a filter at all, that's interesting.

The small pelican case is very nice looking and professional.

No comments on the sound yet, Etymotic raped my ears, and I have a small cold.

I need to get over my cold and have fresh ears, it's like wearing a really strong perfume (Etymotic) and then trying a different one, it just won't smell like it's supposed to.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #149 of 208

Quote:
The j-phonic K2 SP isn't fun, at all. Only at high volumes. [...] but it has a better presentation, as a stax Headphone.

Interesting comparison to a Stax headphone, I'll keep that in mind when I listen to them.

I think high volumes make them sound pretty bright.

@Jack, Sure.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #150 of 208
The SP is considered a stage monitor. Also, folks are insisting that it has a fairly flat response curve. The representative here insists that the 'phone does not roll off the highs.

So what makes this a stage monitor? Anything audio related?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back